'What If'

Did anyone see the Glenn Beck show today? Generally, I’d consider Beck to be a little dramatic. I listen to his morning radio show on the way to school and, well, he cries a lot (literally). But watching his show today was really interesting (and scary).

This segment in particular.
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=3649861&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/

Do you think these guys actually believe this stuff? Or do you think it is more of a political tactic? Either answer is discouraging.

You can see it on this forum that there are people who think the scenarios presented on Beck’s show may even be likely outcomes of our current situation. I forget who, but I know someone who posts here often has started hording food and water.

My question is, what would your response be to a scenario like the one presented on Beck’s show (extreme “civil unrest”)? I realize it’s hard to predict these things, but I, at least, would be interested in hearing some general ideas.

For example, would you generally seek to avoid conflict and “ride it out” or could you see yourself joining one of these militias?

Ride it out. I tend to think that a military is going to have a lot more experience with weaponry then any other group.

Was he wearing a pair of Chuck T’s with that suit?

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
Ride it out. I tend to think that a military is going to have a lot more experience with weaponry then any other group.[/quote]

But our military is made up of citizens. If you were in the military, would fire on your neighbors or family if you agreed with what they were doing?

[quote]dhickey wrote:
RebornTN wrote:
Ride it out. I tend to think that a military is going to have a lot more experience with weaponry then any other group.

But our military is made up of citizens. If you were in the military, would fire on your neighbors or family if you agreed with what they were doing?[/quote]

I would shoot the person who gave me the order.

Private security contractors. Coming soon to a civil unrest near you.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
RebornTN wrote:

But our military is made up of citizens. If you were in the military, would fire on your neighbors or family if you agreed with what they were doing?[/quote]

The military is made of citizens, but so were the FBI and ATF teams at Ruby Ridge and Waco. They seemed to have no qualms.

The Louisiana National Guardsmen are citizens, and they seemed to have no qualms about confiscating guns during a period of “civil unrest” resulting from Hurricane Katrina. Any doubt in your mind that they would have fired on anyone who refused to hand over their weapons?

And anyway, it’s a moot point, because if the Federal troops are unwilling to fire on their “neighbors and family,” or herd them into camps, then mercenary thugs… er, I mean “private security contractors” will be found to do the job.

[quote]michezwick wrote:

My question is, what would your response be to a scenario like the one presented on Beck’s show (extreme “civil unrest”)? I realize it’s hard to predict these things, but I, at least, would be interested in hearing some general ideas.

[/quote]

Winston Churchill’s “We shall fight them on the beaches” speech pretty much sums it up.

[quote]michezwick wrote:
[/quote]

I’d look the government mercs/soldiers square in the eye, while cracking my knuckles and saying, right to their ski-mask covered faces, “So, uh, where do I check-in my fire arm and get my identification tatoo bar code?” I’m a groveler, not a fighter.

[quote]michezwick wrote:
Did anyone see the Glenn Beck show today? Generally, I’d consider Beck to be a little dramatic. I listen to his morning radio show on the way to school and, well, he cries a lot (literally). But watching his show today was really interesting (and scary).

This segment in particular.
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=3649861&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/

Do you think these guys actually believe this stuff? Or do you think it is more of a political tactic? Either answer is discouraging.

You can see it on this forum that there are people who think the scenarios presented on Beck’s show may even be likely outcomes of our current situation. I forget who, but I know someone who posts here often has started hording food and water.

For example, would you generally seek to avoid conflict and “ride it out” or could you see yourself joining one of these militias?
[/quote]
Uhmm…it’s Glenn Beck. Best to just ignore him. It’s like watching a show hosted by a lunatic like JeffR, or hedo, or Glenn Beck.
EDIT: not hedo, Headhunter I meant to say. Hedo probably just easily misled, not a lunatic