What if I Started a Training Website in French?

Hello everyone!

I’m really glad with what I found in the internet about weight training. It really helped me progress, grow and get stronger enough to not feel bad in a PL meet.

Started with Stronglifts 5x5 (good enough for beginners), then T-Nation, Elite FTS, Dragon Door, ExRx, you name it. These are well built sites, usefull and intelligent too.

The problem is that, from what I see here in the French part of Switzerland and in France, these aren’t very accessible sites for those not speaking English. And the french training web sites I found are either too complicated/high level of knowledge, too sports specific, too silhouette focused, not practical/visible enough, plain lame and badly built. Or simply all of the above.

I thought about it for a long time, and think this would be an opportunity to create an instructionnal site for the masses for :

• Basic training principles as Bodybuilding/shaping, Strength/power
  • Sports/exercise based nutrition rules
  • Movements/complexes video demonstrations
  • Gym etiquette and behaviour

These are what I thought of, because I wouldn’t want to be too general, and go everywhere.
I’m arranging time to create something worthy soon, and hope people will be interested in this.

Finally, I don’t have a specific sports training formation, just nursing studies, athletics and gymnastics background, and 3 years proper weight training experience.

So, my questions are :

What do you specially the French speaking ones in this forum, think about this idea ?
Would it seem like a good enough idea, or is this section just too full with sites?
Do you have any ideas/advices you could give be about anything related to this, like best site building programs, commercial techniques, whatever?

Man… this thread will die fast, unless I save it. :slight_smile:

I say go for it, create a nice website for French-speaking lifters.

Thanks archie for not leaving this thread to die even before it was born!
Much appreciated. :wink:

I knew that I wouldn’t have many asnwers so, I’ll go with your opinion archie.

I’ll post the further developpements here later on.

If it may interest someone…

If you started a training website in French I would expect you would notice a higher concentration of French speaking fitness enthusiasts

George Bush hates French people.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
If you started a training website in French I would expect you would notice a higher concentration of French speaking fitness enthusiasts[/quote]

Hahahaha. I was expecting something like this earlier.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
George Bush hates French people.[/quote]

I’m sure he’s ok with the white French people…

Yeah, I’m sure he is. Even more now, as the midget they have as a president doesn’t seem like a threat to anybody…

On this seasons opener of The Ultimate Fighter, french guy goes in to the ring to prove to the world that the french arent pussies, then quits before the second round. Doesnt tap, doesnt get submitted, just quits.

Kinda random, but all this talk about french people reminded me of it.

However, if you want to do the website, do it, regardless of what anyone thinks. Do it how you want to do it and run with it, dont hold back. If it works, great, if not, at least you wont have any regrets.

Am I the only one eagerly awaiting the prospects of athletic and fit French girls? Maybe a Sexy Girls of Crossfit French Edition?

Google Translate wiill traduire n’importe quelle page web dans votre langue. Il existe également un plugin Firefox, vous pouvez utiliser appelé FoxLingo

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2444

FTR: “I speak two languages, English and bad English”

+1 interwebz if you know where that quote came from

[quote]admbaum wrote:
Google Translate wiill traduire n’importe quelle page web dans votre langue. Il existe Ã?©galement un plugin Firefox, vous pouvez utiliser appelÃ?© FoxLingo

+1 interwebz if you know where that quote came from[/quote]

I believe the quote is “I speak two languages, English and profanity” cannot remember where I heard it.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
Google Translate wiill traduire n’importe quelle page web dans votre langue. Il existe Ã?©galement un plugin Firefox, vous pouvez utiliser appelÃ?© FoxLingo

+1 interwebz if you know where that quote came from[/quote]

It’s “Look lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English.” and its from 5th Element when Leeloo (however its spelled) drops into Corbin Dallas’ taxi.

First DVD I ever owned.

[quote]smithers584 wrote:
On this seasons opener of The Ultimate Fighter, french guy goes in to the ring to prove to the world that the french arent pussies, then quits before the second round. Doesnt tap, doesnt get submitted, just quits.
[/quote]

I saw that as well. Way to represent!

I think your time would be better spent creating a web-site to teach English to the non-English-speaking Francophones. (wink wink nudge nudge).

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
I think your time would be better spent creating a web-site to teach English to the non-English-speaking Francophones. (wink wink nudge nudge).

DB[/quote]

Nah, it’s done already…

(Winking the bi-nudged wink)