T Nation

What if Bush prevented 9-11?

I think Musclerob is on to something here with the racial profiling statement. It makes total sense. Heck, if our government would have allowed racial profiling. The Oklahoma bombing would have been prevented too!

We could have prevented racists white trash like Musclerob from being near government building!

Good stuff Musclerob; keep those intelligent comments coming…

My attitude is that black people are just like everyone else, and can reach their goals in life if they have values and work hard.

Musclerob, while this sounds nice, you left out the part that describes you thinking that black people don’t have values and don’t work hard.

Having supposedly observed a few people with these attributes, your claim not mine, is not a very scientific study I must say. Even so, if you respect Dr Rice or other black leaders, maybe you should rethink your earlier statements.

However, I will say again, since it is something that doesn’t seem to make it into your thoughts, that if your parents have good jobs and can send you to school, then it is easier to rise up and succeed.

When racist jerks won’t hire those from minorities, how are their children supposed to have the advantages that other children do. Can you not even see the unfairness of this perpetuating cycle?

Give everybody the same chance to succeed, the same respect, the same lack of harassment from authorities, the same educational chances and the same unbiased hiring practices and the world would be a different place.

These things have never ever happened in the US. True equality has never been achieved – and the US suffers for it to this very day.

People that have less chance to succeed because they are harrassed by authorities, are not given appropriate levels of respect, have crappy public education, can’t afford higher education and won’t get hired for good jobs due to racism might just be more apt to not be productive members of society – regardless of race. Go figure.

Maybe your beloved stats don’t show flaws in people of various races but show flaws in American societies treatment of various races. I don’t know exactly how to fix it, but perpetuating racist stereotypes is not it.

How you could even think of trying to paint me as racist is unbelievable. Get a life. All I said was that affirmative action was an attempt to counter the effects of racism as practiced by racists such as yourself.

JohnnyLee,

Your pathetic argument does not change the fact that nearly all terrorists are Arab males.

An exception does NOT change a general rule.

Musclerob, while this sounds nice, you left out the part that describes you thinking that black people don’t have values and don’t work hard.

There are some issues there that need to be worked on, yes. That doesn’t mean they can’t work hard and have values. And I don’t mean ALL, either. There are many many black people that are rich, lead great lives, etc. I just can’t figure out how they could do this in such a racist country.

Having supposedly observed a few people with these attributes, your claim not mine, is not a very scientific study I must say. Even so, if you respect Dr Rice or other black leaders, maybe you should rethink your earlier statements.

A few? It is WAY more than a few.

I don’t understand what you mean with that last sentence, though.

However, I will say again, since it is something that doesn’t seem to make it into your thoughts, that if your parents have good jobs and can send you to school, then it is easier to rise up and succeed.

Yeah, so? So if some filthy rich guy can afford to pay cash for his kid going to Harvard for 8 years, then we should all have some right to get the same thing?

There are PLENTY of white, Asian, Indian, etc. parents that do not have all kinds of money, yet they succeed. It’s not only black people that don’t have the money to pay for college.

When racist jerks won’t hire those from minorities, how are their children supposed to have the advantages that other children do. Can you not even see the unfairness of this perpetuating cycle?

Theoretically I can see that, but there are too many black people that were able to make it in life. If some racist jerk won’t hire you, and you worked hard and have the credentials, move somewhere else, because there will be someone that would hire you in a second so you can start making them money. There will be some jerk that won’t hire a lot of people for a lot of reasons. We can’t make laws accounting for every single difference that people might not hire because of.

Give everybody the same chance to succeed, the same respect, the same lack of harassment from authorities, the same educational chances and the same unbiased hiring practices and the world would be a different place.

Everyone can succeed. Should we make good looking people wear paper bags? Should we limit people that are smarter to be fair? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Everyone has a different case, yet everyone has a change to succeed at something.

How you could even think of trying to paint me as racist is unbelievable. Get a life. All I said was that affirmative action was an attempt to counter the effects of racism as practiced by racists such as yourself.

Now you know how it feels to be called a racist when you aren’t. Not very nice, huh?

So the answer is to tell some white guy that worked hard his entire life and is more qualified for the job to take a hike because the employer has to fill a quota of black people or he will be fined? That is racist, and it is not fair. How can you punish the white guy for something he did not do?

You want to call me a racist when I’m trying to propose ways and thinking that will help black people out. Interesting.