What I Saw Today at a Commercial Gym

The worst problem I’ve had in a gym was a tiny little prick was benching atleast a foot off his chest. was doing weight that could never have been done if he would atleast get his arms to 90 degrees. Then later my parttern heard him say that i look disgusting because I’m 250 pounds. This totally pissed my friend off so as we leave my friend flips him off. Then that fuck stain walks outside tell us to get over there and hit him, my friend was screaming back.

Then at this point i turned around and the kid immediately backed off, but he still wanted to scream. Then the owner came out side and backed up the prick. So we get kicked out of the gym because I’m a powerlifter and I like to bench squat and deadlift as such. I hate commercial gyms.

[quote]Umbrata Fortis wrote:
The worst problem I’ve had in a gym was a tiny little prick was benching atleast a foot off his chest. was doing weight that could never have been done if he would atleast get his arms to 90 degrees. Then later my parttern heard him say that i look disgusting because I’m 250 pounds. This totally pissed my friend off so as we leave my friend flips him off. Then that fuck stain walks outside tell us to get over there and hit him, my friend was screaming back.

Then at this point i turned around and the kid immediately backed off, but he still wanted to scream. Then the owner came out side and backed up the prick. So we get kicked out of the gym because I’m a powerlifter and I like to bench squat and deadlift as such. I hate commercial gyms.[/quote]

Hahaha, that’s not why you got kicked out dude.

[quote]OmniStyx wrote:

Another important one–an attractive girl was doing squats the other day, BUT SHE WAS FACING OUTWARD!! HER ASS WAS FACING THE WALL! WHAT A BITCH!![/quote]

When I train at a commercial gym I always do this. It’s off putting to look in a mirror when you don’t normally train with one. Plus it’s entertaining to watch people watch you squat.

I frequent one of those 24 Hour Fitness supersport gyms ,

I dont really give much shit about what other people are doing unless its something impressive and i might actually walk up to them and compliment.

Retards on the other hand , well …tards will be tards. Its like gravity… or the fact that you breathe air.

I figure i might not be perfect myself, so i shouldnt talk.

I am very appreciative of shapely women who choose to wear yoga pants.

(big, smiling, twinkly eye’d pervert face)

This might be a bit selfish but you should consider that…

if everyone was highly competent at the gymnasium,

it would , in a relative way…make you LESS competent, and LESS special.

Dont you like to feel special?

[quote]Field wrote:

Dont you like to feel special?[/quote]
this, and mainly everyone would be using the one squat rack and I’d be screwed

[quote]Field wrote:

Dont you like to feel special?[/quote]
I wouldn’t feel less competent or special. I have a few years of growing until my lifts get close to “special”. I’d be happy to train with some hardcore lifters (especially power lifters).

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I lift at home, but generally, when I have to train at a commercial gym, I spend my time there being very friendly, helpful and non-judgmental. People tend to already have a negative association with “powerlifters”, and I feel like I need to be an ambassador for my sport.[/quote]

You forgot to mention how you are extra smug when you talk about it :)[/quote]

It’s more that I just tire of these threads and their ramifications. Commercial gyms are growing more and more powerlifter unfriendly, and living up to the exact stereotype that people have about powerlifters won’t amend that. Why can’t we just be nice to people who don’t know what they are doing? I’m sure we were all there at one point too. I did tons of stupid shit in the gym while I was learning what the hell I was supposed to be doing. [/quote]

I find that owners and staff will like me and give me some leeway on some of the rules that might be unfavorable for serious lifters like no chalk or whatnot so long as I’m friendly, helpful to both staff and other lifters if someone asks, and make the area I work out in just a little bit neater than when I found it. Not pick up everything around me but at least a tiny bit better.

The worst thing in a commercial gym is when a dude asks you if you are using a box, while you’re in the middle of a set of OHP. That pissed me off, not only dangerous but inconsiderate.

[quote]hastalles wrote:

Then at this point i turned around and the kid immediately backed off, but he still wanted to scream. Then the owner came out side and backed up the prick. So we get kicked out of the gym because I’m a powerlifter and I like to bench squat and deadlift as such. I hate commercial gyms.[/quote]

Hahaha, that’s not why you got kicked out dude.[/quote]
We got threatened many times that if we dont comform to how everyone in that gym lifted then we would have our subs terminated. You are right we didnt get kicked out because we powerlift but the fight we almost started, but we almost got into a fight because we powerlift and for some reason everyone in the world has a problem with it. I still havent found a decent gym to lift at.

for some reason my gym has alot of new women/girls leaving ALL the plates they use in place, and then just leave, or not leave but go to a different machine, and pretend someones gonna clean it up for them.

For instance, yesterday I was queuing 5min to a squat rack where there was 135lbs set-up, and turns out the girl was doing situps and not lifting anymore.

Day before there was some woman benching with 2.5, 5lbs, 10lbs plates, and then she just left to the ladies room expecting me to clear it up.

[quote]hastalles wrote:

Hahaha, that’s not why you got kicked out dude.[/quote]
We got threatened many times that if we dont comform to how everyone in that gym lifted then we would have our subs terminated. You are right we didnt get kicked out because we powerlift but the fight we almost started, but we almost got into a fight because we powerlift and for some reason everyone in the world has a problem with it. I still havent found a decent gym to lift at.[/quote]
It’s because most “males” these days are actually born with vaginas, and are perpetually in their period.

Its hard not to laugh inside when you see dumb things, but I remind myself that for a period I did some stupid shit as well. I’m guilty of doing squats and curls on a bosu ball before. Hell, I even did it on one leg sometimes. It was back in the day when I was actually a 24hr fitness trainer and though it was proper programming… Needless to say I was an awful trainer and didn’t last very long. I’d be a much better one today if I had the personality for it. Anyway, I guess I’m just saying majority of us have been there and we should just smile, be polite, and carry on. Although I hope most of you haven’t done silly shit on the bosu like me.

Only thing that really pisses me off is when people don’t follow gym etiquette like re-racking weights or taking a 15 minute break between their curtsies to talk on the phone.

[quote]NikH wrote:
for some reason my gym has alot of new women/girls leaving ALL the plates they use in place, and then just leave, or not leave but go to a different machine, and pretend someones gonna clean it up for them.

For instance, yesterday I was queuing 5min to a squat rack where there was 135lbs set-up, and turns out the girl was doing situps and not lifting anymore.

Day before there was some woman benching with 2.5, 5lbs, 10lbs plates, and then she just left to the ladies room expecting me to clear it up.[/quote]

I just ask them in a serious tone if their mother works at the gym…when they look confused and say no, I say “THEN YOU BETTER CLEAN UP YOUR OWN WEIGHTS YOU STUPID FUCKING BITCH!!!”

Girls love me.

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:

Only thing that really pisses me off is when people don’t follow gym etiquette like re-racking weights or taking a 15 minute break between their curtsies to talk on the phone. [/quote]

Dude my biggest pet peeve ever are people who don’t put the weights back in the right spot on the weight tree. This is not fucking rocket science. There are 6 arms. 45, 35, 25, 10, 5, 2.5

I am absolutely amazed by how many people do not find this setup as common sense. It makes me wonder if they ever won at the blocks into the shaped top game when they were toddlers.

Quite honestly, I have absolutely no problem hunting the last lifter down and asking him/her to re-rack their weights. I’ve had men look at me incredulously. But since I’m small, they probably just figure that I’m not capable myself.

Squat day today, only one squat rack in the gym. Guy and his training partner have 5 lbs. on each end, wearing gloves, straps, skull cap, tank tops. Doing curls. I had to do my dips and pullups first. Unintentional comedy at it’s finest.

[quote]BCFlynn wrote:
Squat day today, only one squat rack in the gym. Guy and his training partner have 5 lbs. on each end, wearing gloves, straps, skull cap, tank tops. Doing curls. I had to do my dips and pullups first. Unintentional comedy at it’s finest. [/quote]
My gym also only has one cage so I will ask “how many sets do you have left because I want to squat.” It may be because I’m a female, but most men will leave the cage when I say that. Just a few weeks ago, I was approaching the cage and another guy walked up to a curler in the cage and said “she’s going to want to squat.” The curler stripped the bar and left. Truly, if you can curl it, you can pick up the bar off the floor. There’s no excuse to displace someone who wants to squat since they can’t be done elsewhere, IMO.

Regarding stupid shit, I cringe whenever I watch what the bulk of trainers at my 24 Hour have people do. Limited ROM, bad form, no correction. Just so saddens me that people dole out money for that type of instruction, or lack thereof.

i hate it when im trying to take a nap on the incline bench and someone asks me how many sets i have left

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:

Only thing that really pisses me off is when people don’t follow gym etiquette like re-racking weights or taking a 15 minute break between their curtsies to talk on the phone. [/quote]

Dude my biggest pet peeve ever are people who don’t put the weights back in the right spot on the weight tree. This is not fucking rocket science. There are 6 arms. 45, 35, 25, 10, 5, 2.5

I am absolutely amazed by how many people do not find this setup as common sense. It makes me wonder if they ever won at the blocks into the shaped top game when they were toddlers. [/quote]

I’m pretty anal about that shit as well but with most of the jackarses working out these days, you are lucky to see anybody re-rack their weights much less to the right spot.