What I Don't Like About Squats

there’s really no lockout phase. You just kinda stand up and lumber yer way back to the rack and dump the weight. I’ve been squats for months now and I think it seriously neglects the VMO. The outside of my thighs are alot bigger than the inside. I think squats should be mixxed with some leg press partial lockouts or leg extension partial lockouts to keep balance. Also… the hypers/back extensions that u need to compensate for similar reasons… u dont really lock out and straighten up when yer squatting so yer lower back can get weak relative to yer legs.

Deadlifts have lockout and military press… and bench press… The final lockout usually exercises some useful small muscles i think that squats dont really hit. If you fully locked out a squat, it would but u’d be in an awkward position with tons of weight on your back.

I think people on here dis the ‘machines’ too much and its not doing anyone any favors.

What?

funny i do full back squats and the inner side of my legs is always way sore than the outer

[quote]beeph wrote:
there’s really no lockout phase. You just kinda stand up and lumber yer way back to the rack and dump the weight. I’ve been squats for months now and I think it seriously neglects the VMO. The outside of my thighs are alot bigger than the inside. I think squats should be mixxed with some leg press partial lockouts or leg extension partial lockouts to keep balance. Also… the hypers/back extensions that u need to compensate for similar reasons… u dont really lock out and straighten up when yer squatting so yer lower back can get weak relative to yer legs.

Deadlifts have lockout and military press… and bench press… The final lockout usually exercises some useful small muscles i think that squats dont really hit. If you fully locked out a squat, it would but u’d be in an awkward position with tons of weight on your back.

I think people on here dis the ‘machines’ too much and its not doing anyone any favors.

[/quote]

what the hell are you talking about? YOu lock out the squat when your legs are , oh I don’t know LOCKED OUT.

Deadlifts have lockout and squats don’t?

hahahahahaha!

Squats seriously neglect the VMO?

hahahahahaha!

Let me guess, you are a quarter-squatter.

[quote]beeph wrote:

[/quote]

When you extend the hip and squeeze your butt at the end of the squat, you lock your hips out. When you extend your knees at the end of the squat, you lock your knees out.
What do you mean there is no lockout???

TNT

Are you trolling again, beeph??

facepalm and a half

Noone is stopping you from doing other leg exercises too if you feel something’s not getting worked.

Just because some people here rail against machine movements doesn’t mean you can’t use them to supplement your leg workout. Do what works for you.

I disagree with everything you said though.

How does bench have a locking out phase but not back squat? If you are unhappy with how far down you can go, then get flexible.

And if you don’t like something, don’t do it and don’t complain.

Star Trek facepalm

[quote]Eielson wrote:
Star Trek facepalm[/quote]

Worf hates this thread.

[quote]beeph wrote:

[/quote]

The squat is easy to do very the advantage and beneficial to everyone who performs the operation. Because when I bend my trunk to a certain acute angle formation.

Unfortunately the problem of biggest issue is of the good woman with large chest and large buttock is in the presence of my large fat quality physique, I find the fact that it means that the only difficult thing which is does the excretion of gas to hold it in is very difficult when squat is performed.

Squat operation is easy to accomplish, just practice is necessary for all newcomers to the great accolade. But be careful when female specimens are around to not excrete gas when completion of bend is over.

[quote]beeph wrote:
there’s really no lockout phase. You just kinda stand up and lumber yer way back to the rack and dump the weight. I’ve been squats for months now and I think it seriously neglects the VMO. The outside of my thighs are alot bigger than the inside. I think squats should be mixxed with some leg press partial lockouts or leg extension partial lockouts to keep balance. Also… the hypers/back extensions that u need to compensate for similar reasons… u dont really lock out and straighten up when yer squatting so yer lower back can get weak relative to yer legs.[/quote]

The VMO is activated at the bottom part (the part past parallel) and the top portion (right before the legs are straight).

If your VMO isn’t up to speed after a couple of months of squatting it is more likely because of a pre-existing weakness / recruitment issue vs. a problem with the squat movement.

[quote]Chang_Lee wrote:
The squat is easy to do very the advantage and beneficial to everyone who performs the operation. Because when I bend my trunk to a certain acute angle formation.

Unfortunately the problem of biggest issue is of the good woman with large chest and large buttock is in the presence of my large fat quality physique, I find the fact that it means that the only difficult thing which is does the excretion of gas to hold it in is very difficult when squat is performed.

Squat operation is easy to accomplish, just practice is necessary for all newcomers to the great accolade. But be careful when female specimens are around to not excrete gas when completion of bend is over.[/quote]

Who let this guy into the room? Your post makes perfect sense; to an imbecile.

Is this how you look when you “excrete gas?”

If you have a problem with your VMO, we won’t poke fun at you when you’re on the leg press. You can do TKEs too, if you like.

I don’t know anyone who just squats to the exclusion of everything else.

Just don’t excrete the gases around the female specimens with double-lucky breasts.

bring this thread back!