What I Ate Today

Can’t post in the Alpha thread so I am posting this here for the heck of it. Comments and flames welcomed equally.

7:00 AM: 5 whole egges, 3 egg whites smothered in 2% reduced fat pepperjack cheese (1 slice melted). 1 bowl Grape Nuts Cereal. 5 slices 95% fat free turkey bacon.

10:00 AM: Protein shake. 12 oz 2% milk, 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop casein, 1.5 cups blueberries.

12:00 PM: 8 oz 85% ground beef taco. Whole wheat tortilla, baby spinach, salsa.

1:00PM: 10 whole wheat ritz crackers, 2 tablespoons natty peanut butter

3:00 PM: 8 oz 85% ground beef taco. Whole wheat tortilla, baby spinach, salsa.

Then the rest of the day will look like this.

5:00 PM: 4 oz chicken breast, two red potatoes

7:30 PM: handful of almonds, handful of peanuts

What are your goals?

[quote]Serd wrote:
What are your goals? [/quote]

Eh… body recomp really. Been dieting for a really long time. I was fuckin’ obese. I’m not now, but my BF is still relatively high. I’m simply trying to get into a reason 12-14% range to begin what I really want to do which is bulking. The above is pretty much what I have been doing the last week or so as an attempt to increase calories and speed my metabolism back up.

As mention, I have been on a fatloss plan for a while and was slowly reducing calories incrementally. I believe they got too low and that is part of why my recomp/fatloos stalled. So, I’m trying to get that metabolism up so that I can shed those last 15 pounds to get to a point where I can start from scratch all over again and build the muscles I want to build.

Is the 5:00pm meal after your workout? If not, then you should probably replace the potatoes with something else. Also, you should definitely figure out a better last meal then a handful of nuts. Don’t forget, it’s still a meal. Maybe just another nice protein shake?

Heres what i ate today :

7:00am - 4 eggs + fish oil
8:00am 1cup oatmeal 2 cup milk (i have to eat these separate because im in a rush in the mornning)
9am-1pm - raw almonds & sipping on protein shake
1pm - Chicken Sandwich
1-4pm - raw almonds
4pm - Egg Sandwich
4-7pm - raw almonds & protein shake
7pm - fruit
9pm - pwo Surge
10pm - dinner (it varies from night to night)
10:30pm - protein shake

hows this look?

[quote]jck524 wrote:
Heres what i ate today :

7:00am - 4 eggs + fish oil
8:00am 1cup oatmeal 2 cup milk (i have to eat these separate because im in a rush in the mornning)
9am-1pm - raw almonds & sipping on protein shake
1pm - Chicken Sandwich
1-4pm - raw almonds
4pm - Egg Sandwich
4-7pm - raw almonds & protein shake
7pm - fruit
9pm - pwo Surge
10pm - dinner (it varies from night to night)
10:30pm - protein shake

hows this look? [/quote]

v e g e t a b l e s

I guess I have to be the first to say it…that is a TON of carbs for a guy trying to lower his bf%. Oatmeal, bread, etc. People have a misconception (I had it too) that carbs are fine as long as they are ‘good’ (whole-wheat, brown rice, etc). As far as significant fat loss goes, they are not. I would try a few weeks of a ketogenic style diet and see how you respond. Variety of meats, green veggies, some nuts, eggs, and a good dose of healthy fats each day.

2 recommendations that made my life easier.

1. Read through a few of Coach Thib’s threads in the Author’s Locker Room. Tons of diet and supplementation info in there, he’s a bit of a body comp change guru.
  2. Get a free membership at Daily Plate. Its like FitDay only better. Food journals rock.

I decided not to cut anymore im just going to implement cardio into my workouts for 20min after i workout so i am sticknig to the carbs for now and by december im going to do the vdiet.