New guy here, Over the last two years I’ve acquired a taste for beer, and crappy, late night, junk food which in turn has blessed me with a beer belly. haha - I’ve been an avid soccer player, but I’ve noticed my speed & agility has gone down substantially since then. I want to get back into shape, and look better while I’m at it. Really didn’t know where to start but here.
I tried developing a plan, and sticking to it, but there’s so much misinformation out there, I couldn’t tell what was true and what wasn’t.
Forarm: 7 1/2"
Resting Hear rate: 51 BPM
Goal: Get cut, I want to lose the beer belly. Have a nice set of abs. I haven’t set a time frame, because this will be on going - a lifestyle change
Things I’ve done:
- Cut out beer /liquor
- No more fast food (or any sort)
- Preparing meals at home to take to work (helps avoid junk meals)
- Cutting portions in half
- Eating every 2 hours (ish)
- Drink 3 liters of water a day
Basic Daily Meals:
- 8:am 1 bagel with cream cheese and tea (minimal sugar 1 tea spoon)
- 10:30am eat fruit (portion is size of palm) (cantaloupe, orange, banana, apple, strawberries)
- 12:30pm eat a lunch, bean salad or tuna straight from the can, nothing added - and chicken soup or pasta
- 4:00pm eat a small meal, usually just tuna from the can
- 8:00pm eat dinner - what ever is prepared at home, usually chicken or some cut of meat
Things I’m doing:
- I play soccer 4 times a week, competitively
- I’ve began the ‘Insanity’ workout - I’m on week two
- I cycle about 30 - 50 miles on Sundays
My question is- what am I doing wrong, or what else should I be doing? I am completely new to this and this is what I began doing just from picking things up from here and there.
Also - would supplements benefit me in anyway to reach my goal?