What has T-mag done for you?

I’ve been reading the “issues” for about 3-4 years now, but I’ve only started participating in the forum since this past winter. I’ve been training for 11 years now, been through the glory years of MuscleMedia, etc. and can say that this site has been the best thing that has happened to me as far as training is concerned. From Poliquin and King in the beginning, to Thibaudeau and Waterbury, the information has been second to none. But I must say, being able to cohort with others on this forum and get feedback from others and be able to give my opinion to others, has been the most gratifying aspect. I feel like I know many of you personally and hope we can keep “our” forum going strong for a while to come.

I’ve read T-mag since inception. Hell, I remember when you could write in and talk to Poliquin and King directly. Those were the good old days…

Ah, yes MuscleMedia2000. That was a damn fine magazine. Went to hell when they dropped the “2000” and TC and the other guys with balls left. Now it reads like Oprah’s magazine.

I’m basically here to read the training articles and get bigger, stronger, and leaner.

Some of my favorite articles of all time that I still reference back to are “Achieving Structural Balance” “The 1-6 Principle” (I gained a shit-load of strength on this one) “Massive Eating” “Reactive Strength”

O yea, that new guy Thibeaudeau or something like that? He seems pretty good too. : ) lol

Strength wise,

Im rapidly approaching a double bodyweight bench press, Dips 100 lbs over bodyweight for reps. Bodyweight behind the neck press, Bodyweight good mornings. According to the Structural Balance article, I’m balanced.

My phyisque is also rapidly approaching the greek-like proprtions as well. I should reach all my physique goals this year.

POL PRINCESS: 45 lbs in 11 months??? Insane! great progress…you’ve got to post pictures.

Goals - To get to a decent 240lbs, by decent I mean a balanced physique at about 10% bf. Currently about 220lbs at about 13%. Also to do a 200Kg Bench, Squat and Deadlift, currently about 150kg on each…

How Long reading T-Mag - Been reading since June 2000. I discovered the Mag, read all the back issues and then lurked on the forum. Can’t remember when I started particitpating in the forum.

Programs/Diets followed- 12 Weeks to super strength, Great Guns, Limping Series, Bring it On - all Ian King

Big Bad Bench - Dave Tate

OVT, Canadian cannons, Big Back Stack - Christian Thibeadeau

Meltdown 1 and 2 - Don Alessi

HST, EDT, Tsunami Training, 5x5

Mainly the Massive Eating Diet, but I’ve tried Chanko as well…

Accomplishments - Going from a drug addict 145lb muppet 7 years ago to a 220lb bodybuilding husband and father of one, with house two cars and a good life…

Anything else - T-Mag has changed my life with regard to training and many other aspects also. There are so many different ways to train. Before discovering T-Mag I was stuck in a rut doing pretty much the same as every other sheep in the gym, wondering why I wasn’t getting any stronger or bigger.

T-Mag is brilliant…
Cheers…Stubob…