What Happened to?

[quote]nephorm wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
That was her. Where ya been hidin Neph? Man it’s been a long time. I started a thread a while back about posters we missed and you were one of the ones I mentioned. Missed PWI Posters - Politics and World Issues - Forums - T Nation
[/quote]

I’ve just been busy. I’m posting occasionally, now.[/quote]Well fair enough. Nice to bump into ya again. We were always pretty close politically, but we never did get to mix up it up on worldviews generally though. You bein a fan of Nietzsche n all I rather suspect we would disagree a bit there. Are you still training? Man, I haven’t really seen you since we were gettin the T-Cell rollin.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Well fair enough. Nice to bump into ya again. We were always pretty close politically, but we never did get to mix up it up on worldviews generally though. You bein a fan of Nietzsche n all I rather suspect we would disagree a bit there. Are you still training? Man, I haven’t really seen you since we were gettin the T-Cell rollin.
[/quote]

I’m a fan of Nietzsche, but that doesn’t mean I wholly embrace his philosophy. I appreciate his trenchant criticism of Greek rationalism, and I think his ideas present interesting ways in which to examine how we live our lives. But my heart is much more with Plato and Aristotle (and some days, Rousseau), even if I can’t reconcile the way I’ve chosen to live my life and my agreement with large portions of their philosophies.

I’m not very consistent in training. I am lifting currently. Not very much or very well, but I’m doing it.

Some say it’s a leprechaun. I say it’s ID pulling shenanigans in the South.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Phil (awesome artist too)[/quote]

I ran into him at a PL meet last year… Dude pulled 750 raw! Gave 804 a run for his money, too, but just missed.

[quote]nephorm wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Well fair enough. Nice to bump into ya again. We were always pretty close politically, but we never did get to mix up it up on worldviews generally though. You bein a fan of Nietzsche n all I rather suspect we would disagree a bit there. Are you still training? Man, I haven’t really seen you since we were gettin the T-Cell rollin.
[/quote]

I’m a fan of Nietzsche, but that doesn’t mean I wholly embrace his philosophy. I appreciate his trenchant criticism of Greek rationalism, and I think his ideas present interesting ways in which to examine how we live our lives. But my heart is much more with Plato and Aristotle (and some days, Rousseau), even if I can’t reconcile the way I’ve chosen to live my life and my agreement with large portions of their philosophies.

I’m not very consistent in training. I am lifting currently. Not very much or very well, but I’m doing it.[/quote]

I remember reading something that lickened Nietzsche to the culmination of romantisicism. In the sense that a lot what he believed is in the extremes of subjectivism. Do you kind of see that at all.

I know the question wasn’t adressed to me but…
Nietzsche relationships with romanticism was some kind of love-hate relationship.
Just like his relationships with Wagner.

I think he ultimately perceived the romantic extremes of subjectivism as a symptom of our cultural guilt for killing God.
Just another kind of decadence.

AccipiterQ

I miss his butt-shots

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
I remember reading something that lickened Nietzsche to the culmination of romantisicism. In the sense that a lot what he believed is in the extremes of subjectivism. Do you kind of see that at all. [/quote]

I see Nietzsche’s link to Romanticism as a strange one. I feel it’s necessary to distinguish the different periods of Romanticisms and the ideologies each sub-section of the movement holds, in saying it gradually distances itself more and more from Nietzsche’s coveted allegiance to Classicism.

It was Nietzsche’s intent to argue the newer and decidedly more artistically based ideology of late Romanticism much more than it was the early one. Nietzsche detested the ambiguous nature of late Romanticists, predominantly that of Wagner, and their prioritisation of regarding emotion above that of logic.

However the early philosophers were more focused on an integration of artistry into logical and social reasoning and not a complete overhaul to the system. This methodology seems far more in line with Nietzsche’s core philosophies and research into this area of the movement would likely bring more insight into the link between Nietzsche’s agreements of early Romanticism, as opposed to late romanticism and it’s defiance to the values of Classicism.

whatever happened to that mormon that couldn’t get a date?? what was his handle??

[quote]critietaeta wrote:
whatever happened to that mormon that couldn’t get a date?? what was his handle??[/quote]

BYUKid?

< - - welcomes the bump~

^Welcomes any bump.

(I miss the Man Above Thread.)

Nova Greg

:slight_smile:

Not even an honorable mention?

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

whatever happened to that mormon that couldn’t get a date?? what was his handle??[/quote]

BYUKid?[/quote]

I can’t remember if it was BYU Kid but one of those Mormon boys started a thread about how his girlfriend decided she wasn’t going to put out anymore until they got married. I detailed for him exactly how to seduce her so he wouldn’t have to put up with that BS.

Well, it worked and now he goes by the name Daddy and doesn’t have time to post anymore.

I’ve committed many sins in my life and most of them I feel terrible about. There’s even plenty from my early childhood that I still feel shame over. For some reason I don’t feel bad about that one at all.

Now the one time when I told some young poster his penis stopped growing because he started masturbating at too young an age… that one I still feel guilty about.

^Hates California, but seems to like the punishment.

[quote]MsM wrote:
Not even an honorable mention?[/quote]

I can say with 100% honesty I don’t recall a single post you’ve ever made nor do I remember your name.

That’s what you get for not having an avatar.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

BYUKid?[/quote]

I can’t remember if it was BYU Kid but one of those Mormon boys started a thread about how his girlfriend decided she wasn’t going to put out anymore until they got married. I detailed for him exactly how to seduce her so he wouldn’t have to put up with that BS.

Well, it worked and now he goes by the name Daddy and doesn’t have time to post anymore.

[/quote]