What Happened to the T-Nation Community?

Dang guys, guess what I just realized (while chopping vegetables for stir fry)? I realized with the old site now gone I have lost my entire debraD private collection. And I mean the good ones. The ones that are so good they couldn’t even be posted in the forums. Damn you T-Nation!

Which is why you always make backups!

I think some of us “old guys” need a “how to” post. I miss simple options like “quote” :frowning:

I do like the thumbs up though, much much better than the oft used “best post” we used to see.

S

2 Likes

You can highlight and click the “Quote Reply” button.

Or use BBCode (what the forum was before):

[quote="some author"]Quoted Text Here[/quote]

Which renders:

Or use markdown quotes:

> This is a quote

Which renders:

This is a quote

[quote=“The_Mighty_Stu, post:127, topic:213244”]
I think some of us “old guys” need a “how to” post.[/quote]
I put up this thread in Forum Feedback.

Covers new threads, replies, quotes, Flags, Likes, Bookmarks, and some other stuff to get everyone familiar with the new system.

For those following along, my mom got 2 quotes to install 160 lf of perimeter drain in her (gravel) crawlspace. The first guy wanted $9,0000 and the second guy wanted $8300 but would reduce it to $7,500 hundred if she agreed then and there. Asked how long it would take, each guy helpfully answered they would be done in two days. F’in bastards.

Looks like I’m going to be hiring a couple undocumented Democrats from Home Depot and spending a bunch of time on my knees.

Again.

1 Like

Well hello there!!!

I don’t visit much anymore as I hate this new format

Me too.

I keep getting notifications about threads that went dead five years ago.

Man, no kidding! Some odd shit going on.
It’s almost as if this new format is so dead that the mods are trying to attract people by posting “interesting” years-dead threads.

It seems to be when pictures you’ve uploaded in the past move from the old format to the new format. Which I assume is from in house to cloud servers, like office 365.

Pretty much this. If you posted something and were getting updates on that thread, moving threads offsite would trigger updates.

It’s sweet, though, I’ve read 4 or 5 hilarious old threads. Like the Food Purveyor one in PWI, just lol…

1 Like

You do realize how conspiratorial that sounds, right? Like, please tell me you don’t actually think that’s happening, because then you’d be talking like a crazy person.

The suggested topics are a feature of the new system. It may need to be fine-tuned/improved in terms of what’s displayed, locked, etc., but it’s not any kind of trick for activity. And I believe they’re working on the notification system in general.

Not for nothing, but you had 5 posts in all of 2015, the last in March, and 8 posts in all of 2014. You weren’t visiting (or at least participating) long before this new site.

Opinions are fine, but it is weird that guys who were essentially lurkers feel so bummed about a site they couldn’t be bothered actually being a part of all this time.

Looks like nothing ever changes.

Except for everything about the forums.

Seriously?? One of those suggested topics was of explicit sexual nature. Call me crazy?

And if you read correctly, Chris, I initiated my post with, “It’s almost as if…,” which only implies the possibility, not an absolute fact.

Yes, seriously. I think you’d be crazy to suggest, infer, or imply that the mods are trying to drum up forum activity by bumping/spotlighting long-dead threads.

The thread I think you’re referring to was from 2002. The forums were very different overall back then, from what I’ve seen, which is why that thread still haunted the archives of Off-Topic instead of being removed already. And, as I said (if you read correctly), that issue may still need to be sorted out.

Sure, you did say, “it’s almost as if”, but it doesn’t take a big leap to interpret putting that idea out there as a straight-up accusation. An overly suspicious, tin foil hat-worthy one, but still, an accusation.

I 'm starting to really like the new format. Haven’t messed with any new features yet though. Maybe a practice thread to just screw around on would be good.:relaxed:

1 Like