What Happened to TEXAS?!

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]Amiright wrote:
What happened? They played an amazing game… everyone gave up after mccoy was injured. Freshman qb almost zero experience… I think they did pretty good for themselves. Especially cutting it to 21-24, after the fumble on the final drive it was all downhill but they this played a great game in my book… for the situation they were in. At half time Saban even talked about how he was disappointed that they wouldnt be playing Texas as full force [/quote]

The defense played well considering how much they were on the field…well,they at least tightened up the second half. Unfortunate how things happen…but it is what it is.

I feel sorry for Colt McCoy…I called him a pussy,but it’s not his doing as to why he didn’t play. Daddy issues at Texas schools are a common thing at the end of this season.

You fucking play to win what is at hand…hell,Ingram ran on our ass with a fucked up calf/ankle.
[/quote]

The boy is projected as a high first round draft pick and you are saying he give all that up for a chance at a championship trophy in the BCS. If this was something other than his shoulder, like his ankle, let him play. But he won’t be an effective quarterback if his shoulder is dead. This is where the “daddy” did the smart thing by not letting him play. Let’s say he goes out, racks up a comfortable lead again and then completely separates his shoulder. At that point scouts begin to wonder whether his arm can take the punishment of an NFL season. His draft status drops, no longer does he get the 20 million dollar payout, but only a 5 million one. Is it worth it to you?

Ingram can’t even go to the draft this year, so he has nothing to lose. At worst, let’s say he sprains his ankle. He is ready to go for next year. McCoy has to be ready in a couple of months for his pro day or the combine. it’s hard to do that when you’ve just had rotator cuff surgery.

While I agree in principle with what you are saying, the real payday for these boys is the NFL contract, not the BCS trophy. That is the icing on the cake. BCS trophies do not lead to high draft status.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Gilbert is going to be better than McCoy…he has a better arm than McCoy…don’t know about running the ball though.

NOTE TO MACK BROWN: Vince Young is never coming back…so stop it with the spread option bullshit and start running the fucking ball down people’s throats again. [/quote]

X infinity

What is sad is that one team was not at full capacity. No excuses Bama won. Congrats. If the situation was reversed I would feel like a hollow victory but that is just me. If I were Bama I would not feel real secure in my QB for all the great SEC defenses Texas did shut him down. When Texas’s true Freshman QB has more yards and TD’s against the great SEC defense than Bama’s, should be cause of concern. Cant wait till next year, possibly be a rematch.

Something that I want to point out that deserves attention, is how Texas rallied around their freshman QB to try to come back and win. When Colt McCoy went down with his injury, it seemed that Texas went flat, yet still stayed in it. Then in the 2nd half, Gilbert calms down, and starts making throws and gaining momentum. There was an air of excitement, once Texas started to believe in their young QB. I liked seeing that, because if the QB is having a shitty night, its going to turn out pretty bad.

Bama played a good game, and it was nice to see it wasn’t a full blown blow out with the exception of the last 2 minutes of the game. Nick Saban needs to chill out with the Gatorade bath, he looked like someone just ran over his dog, when he really just won the National Championship.

Yeah, Saban looked pretty pissed in his pink shirt.

One of my fb friends said “Texas would have won easily with McCoy.” I said “Oklahoma would have won easily with Bradford.” teehee.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Something that I want to point out that deserves attention, is how Texas rallied around their freshman QB to try to come back and win. When Colt McCoy went down with his injury, it seemed that Texas went flat, yet still stayed in it. Then in the 2nd half, Gilbert calms down, and starts making throws and gaining momentum. There was an air of excitement, once Texas started to believe in their young QB. I liked seeing that, because if the QB is having a shitty night, its going to turn out pretty bad.

Bama played a good game, and it was nice to see it wasn’t a full blown blow out with the exception of the last 2 minutes of the game. Nick Saban needs to chill out with the Gatorade bath, he looked like someone just ran over his dog, when he really just won the National Championship. [/quote]

Maybe he was a little humbled Max. He almost lost it against a freshman QB. His QB looked like shit. He is probably thinking damn if Colt had played we may have got smoked. He had that look like the bus had just missed running him over. Just my opinion.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Bama played a good game, and it was nice to see it wasn’t a full blown blow out with the exception of the last 2 minutes of the game. Nick Saban needs to chill out with the Gatorade bath, he looked like someone just ran over his dog, when he really just won the National Championship. [/quote]

Maybe he was a little humbled Max. He almost lost it against a freshman QB. His QB looked like shit. He is probably thinking damn if Colt had played we may have got smoked. He had that look like the bus had just missed running him over. Just my opinion.[/quote]

Wishful thinking.

The fact is that Alabama got super conservative in the second half because Colt was out. I think they got too conservative, but they did what they needed to to win the game.

The SEC produces better teams. Just look at the past 4 or 5 previous BCS Champions.

Not sure if some of you all caught this, but McCoy said he literally couldn’t feel his arm after the game. If that is true, I’m not sure how he would have played in the second half. Hated to see McCoy go out the way he did.

I’m no Longhorn fan, but I do respect this Texas team showing some heart and making the comeback that they did, especially after looking horrible in the first half.

Congrats to Alabama for doing what they needed to do late in the game to seal the win.

Big Boss, Gilbert has a nice arm and I think will do just fine at Texas, but he’s no Colt McCoy. Guys like him don’t come around very often.

“The boy is projected as a high first round draft pick”- danmarmu

false. he is a mid round pick. after not playing that game prob 3-4 round. maybe later depending on what happens.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Maybe he was a little humbled Max. He almost lost it against a freshman QB. His QB looked like shit. He is probably thinking damn if Colt had played we may have got smoked. He had that look like the bus had just missed running him over. Just my opinion.[/quote]

Wishful thinking.

The fact is that Alabama got super conservative in the second half because Colt was out. I think they got too conservative, but they did what they needed to to win the game.

The SEC produces better teams. Just look at the past 4 or 5 previous BCS Champions.[/quote]

Okay conservative how? Running more? Isnt that what got them up in the first place. Or passing game? Which Texas recorded more sacks and pressures and obviously only allowed McElroy 6/11 for 58 eight yards. Or was the defense more conservative by not putting pressure on Gilbert? Or stopping Texas running game?

Why did they talk so much about McElroy last night…he didn’t do shit. Was it his hand-off skills?

What do you Tide fans think of him?..I’ve noticed a lot of “Greg McElroy sucks” stuff on the web.

Fuck. Such is sports. Sometimes it’s like Hollywood, other times it’s a lot more like real life. No what if’s can be said with McCoy, as a Horn myself I admit that Saban went easy on us, he could’ve scored at the end of the first half but went the classy route because he knew in the back of his mind that without Colt he was playing half a team. The fact that Gilbert and the defense actually came out and made the game close was such an astronomical improbability…

It would’ve been a nail biter had Colt stayed in, just too bad the world missed out on how great of a game that would’ve been…

I don’t think he sucks, but I sure as hell hope he improves dramatically next year. He definitely played his best game in Atlanta. Credit to Texas D because I thought he would have completed a lot more than he did. Texas just had his number last night. I’ve been a Bama Fan my whole life but I’m not completely confident that was our game for the taking. Win is a win, I guess? Just doesn’t feel very gratifying, cause I wanted them to beat Texas McCoy and all. I think had he played it would have been decided by less than 3 points.

[quote]danmarmu wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]Amiright wrote:
What happened? They played an amazing game… everyone gave up after mccoy was injured. Freshman qb almost zero experience… I think they did pretty good for themselves. Especially cutting it to 21-24, after the fumble on the final drive it was all downhill but they this played a great game in my book… for the situation they were in. At half time Saban even talked about how he was disappointed that they wouldnt be playing Texas as full force [/quote]

The defense played well considering how much they were on the field…well,they at least tightened up the second half. Unfortunate how things happen…but it is what it is.

I feel sorry for Colt McCoy…I called him a pussy,but it’s not his doing as to why he didn’t play. Daddy issues at Texas schools are a common thing at the end of this season.

You fucking play to win what is at hand…hell,Ingram ran on our ass with a fucked up calf/ankle.
[/quote]

The boy is projected as a high first round draft pick and you are saying he give all that up for a chance at a championship trophy in the BCS. If this was something other than his shoulder, like his ankle, let him play. But he won’t be an effective quarterback if his shoulder is dead. This is where the “daddy” did the smart thing by not letting him play. Let’s say he goes out, racks up a comfortable lead again and then completely separates his shoulder. At that point scouts begin to wonder whether his arm can take the punishment of an NFL season. His draft status drops, no longer does he get the 20 million dollar payout, but only a 5 million one. Is it worth it to you?

Ingram can’t even go to the draft this year, so he has nothing to lose. At worst, let’s say he sprains his ankle. He is ready to go for next year. McCoy has to be ready in a couple of months for his pro day or the combine. it’s hard to do that when you’ve just had rotator cuff surgery.

While I agree in principle with what you are saying, the real payday for these boys is the NFL contract, not the BCS trophy. That is the icing on the cake. BCS trophies do not lead to high draft status.[/quote]

I agree totally…IF it was obvious that McCoy seriously damaged his shoulder. But that is not apparent yet. When the announcers say it’s a non-serious injury…some kind of contusion,is it any surprise as to why I feel the way I do??

But I have cut him a little slack since he claimed he couldn’t feel his arm and had no strength in it to throw. If his injury is not serious,not playing for the sake of NFL Pro Day was a huge slap in the face to us die-hard Longhorn fans.

Fuck all of y’all and that crystal egg…I’m trying to get this money,son!!..ONE

Oh well…I really can’t blame him in a sense…BUT damn,you play the season to win a championship. I can’t wait to see how that shoulder holds up when he gets cracked as QB for the Redskins(my prediction).

[quote]Papa_of_4 wrote:
I don’t think he sucks, but I sure as hell hope he improves dramatically next year. He definitely played his best game in Atlanta. Credit to Texas D because I thought he would have completed a lot more than he did. Texas just had his number last night. I’ve been a Bama Fan my whole life but I’m not completely confident that was our game for the taking. Win is a win, I guess? Just doesn’t feel very gratifying, cause I wanted them to beat Texas McCoy and all. I think had he played it would have been decided by less than 3 points.[/quote]

Yeah…that’s the same thoughts I’m getting from the few 'Bama fans that I know. Also,the secondary showed lot’s of holes…well,at least when it came to covering Jordan Shipley.

I’m with Boss. At first I was thinking McCoy was being a pussy, but after the game when he was being interviewed and he had to take a deep breath or else he was gonna lose it on live tv made me feel for the guy. That’s a really tough break. Gilbert’s a fucking stud. Only watched 2 or 3 Texas games this year but don’t remember seeing him hit the field.

A true freshman qb being thrown in to the national championship game and keeping his team afloat with almost no college experience is insane. Guess there’s a reason he was the HS player of the year. We can always say ‘what if’, but if they play that game with a healthy McCoY I think it comes out different. Jordan Shipley was unguardable, and made himself a lot of money last night.

Side note: It drives me insane when announcers compare college players to pro players only 'cause they’re the same color. Jordan Shipley is not Wes Welker. He’s bigger, faster and a better deep ball threat. If he has to be compared to a white reciever he’s more Don Bebe. In basketball I call it the “Larry Bird effect”. Every big white dude that can shoot is automatically dubbed the next Larry Legend. It’s ridiculous.

I need a hug right now. Real bad. It’s just hitting me. =((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Fuck. I’m almost sad enough to start my own ‘support’ thread.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Side note: It drives me insane when announcers compare college players to pro players only 'cause they’re the same color. Jordan Shipley is not Wes Welker. He’s bigger, faster and a better deep ball threat. If he has to be compared to a white reciever he’s more Don Bebe. In basketball I call it the “Larry Bird effect”. Every big white dude that can shoot is automatically dubbed the next Larry Legend. It’s ridiculous.[/quote]

HAHA…they played the race card hard on that. Jordan Shipley is Jordan Shipley…did you see the double move he put on Arenas…Bama’s top cover guy??

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
I need a hug right now. Real bad. It’s just hitting me. =((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Fuck. I’m almost sad enough to start my own ‘support’ thread.[/quote]

HUG

…now let go,motherfucker…you’re snotting up my shoulder.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Side note: It drives me insane when announcers compare college players to pro players only 'cause they’re the same color. Jordan Shipley is not Wes Welker. He’s bigger, faster and a better deep ball threat. If he has to be compared to a white reciever he’s more Don Bebe. In basketball I call it the “Larry Bird effect”. Every big white dude that can shoot is automatically dubbed the next Larry Legend. It’s ridiculous.[/quote]

HAHA…they played the race card hard on that. Jordan Shipley is Jordan Shipley…did you see the double move he put on Arenas…Bama’s top cover guy??
[/quote]

DUDE! That shit drives me up the wall! I caught that shake. Shipley’s no joke man. I think last night moved him up the projected draft charts. I’m interested to see what he runs the 40 in at the combine. If he gets a little seperation he’s ghost.

I guess everything is Bigger in Texas, Including the sucking at college football. Texas, Cya. TCU, Beatdown. Hey at least tech beat Mch State, oh wait who the hell cares.

P.S. Go Gators!

V