T Nation

What Happened To Me?

Yeah, I looked into the mirror this week and I finally saw someone I didn’t know. I’m a 22 yr old college student at 5’10" and probably at or around 240. Although, I’m not really a newbie (I actually used to lift and workout hard a little over a year ago) and also came to this site occassionally and bought Biotest supps until I ran out of money partying all summer and this past semester. I just let myself go man.

Ever since my brain actually registered what it saw in the mirror I have this extreme desire to get healthy again and to be a FFB someday in the future.

I’m here to get some input on what more experienced trainers and possibly what the FFB’s have done. I’ve never been fat and needed to workout to get skinny until now. What do you guys suggest I start out with? I know how I should eat and have been cleaning that up these past 2 weeks.

I’ve been thinking about the V-Diet but was also thinking maybe I should get back into some program first…any input or just thoughts in general would be awesome…I’m getting out of this rut.

[quote]kps35 wrote:
Yeah, I looked into the mirror this week and I finally saw someone I didn’t know. I’m a 22 yr old college student at 5’10" and probably at or around 240. Although, I’m not really a newbie (I actually used to lift and workout hard a little over a year ago) and also came to this site occassionally and bought Biotest supps until I ran out of money partying all summer and this past semester. I just let myself go man.

Ever since my brain actually registered what it saw in the mirror I have this extreme desire to get healthy again and to be a FFB someday in the future.

I’m here to get some input on what more experienced trainers and possibly what the FFB’s have done. I’ve never been fat and needed to workout to get skinny until now. What do you guys suggest I start out with? I know how I should eat and have been cleaning that up these past 2 weeks.

I’ve been thinking about the V-Diet but was also thinking maybe I should get back into some program first…any input or just thoughts in general would be awesome…I’m getting out of this rut.
[/quote]

Get your workouts going first with good frequency and stick to clean eating. See if that gives resulta and only if not, go for a v-diet. Panic isn’t a good starting point…

Thanks for the thoughts man. On the V-Diet thing I thought about…I’m not in a panic about this, but I wanna get the ball moving…After thinking more and more about it, at my weight and all right now I think it would be unreasonable to jump right in.

Eat Clean. very VERY clean. As someone making the last couple months of the transition from FFB I can’t stress how important this is. obviously we aren’t those kind of guys that can eat whatever the hell they want, keep it simple, keep it clean, and the best thing is to start cooking your own food.

Have a cheat day however, 1 day a week where you eat a meal to satisfy your tastes and not just your desire to lose the weight (this doesn’t mean candy, this means maybe pizza). The best way to lose the fat is get up every morning and get some cardio in before you do anything else.

HIIT is my personal favorite, as I’ve lost about 15 fat pounds over the last 3-4 weeks using it. For weight training, go with compound lifts, and go pretty heavy, just not enough to hurt yourself. I suggest the basic movements, pullups, dips, bench, squats, deads, rows, etc, and supplement with an isolation lift here and there to hit body parts you otherwise couldn’t. Finally, take a picture.

I did this about2 months ago, and have taken one about every 2-3 weeks since. Its helped me keep my focus and to create some kind of hard data I could look at along with BF% and weight. Other than that, the ideas you need are all over this site for diet and training purposes, especially check out CT’s stuff.

Good Luck.

P.S. If you really do hit a brick wall, do the V-diet, it sucks but the results are incredible