What Happened to Brook?

Always enjoyed his posts and opinions.

Haven’t seen him in a while.Hopefully nothing bad.

Good question. Who knows what?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I’ll repeat this for the last time, just because I don’t want to keep labouring the point, or seem like I have a vendetta against the man.

Brook/JJ stopped posting at exactly the same time that I called him out and Furious George had a go at him.

I’m not going to go into details, but I think we were both sick of his attitude and self-promotion. I got a few PMs from othe vets also voicing their opinions of the guy, which tied in with the above.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s not a bad dude, by any means. He just used to like to big himself up, which was undeserved, given his level of experience and background IMO.

I wouldn’t mind having him around again, if he just wound his neck in a little bit.

BBB[/quote]

While I didn’t see the thread involved here, I would have to agree with BBB on the nature of Brooks posting at times, especially of late. Seemed like he sort of put himself on a level above what accurately depicted his knowledge base a lot of the time. Ego is nothing new to the human race obviously, and I’ve been guilty of that myself at times on this forum in the past, just like most of us honest guys will admit.

Nothing against him either as I count him as a decent bloke. These things happen and hopefully he may return after taking a sober look at himself and humbling up a bit.
Anyone have a link to the above mentioned thread containing the whole mess?
I’m curious to see for myself wtf transpired on it.

TB

I’m surprised that Brook has moved on. More so when I read of his actions. I’m with Tone Bone, I would like to see the mess as it unfolded.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:

I’ll repeat this for the last time, just because I don’t want to keep labouring the point, or seem like I have a vendetta against the man.

Brook/JJ stopped posting at exactly the same time that I called him out and Furious George had a go at him.

I’m not going to go into details, but I think we were both sick of his attitude and self-promotion. I got a few PMs from othe vets also voicing their opinions of the guy, which tied in with the above.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s not a bad dude, by any means. He just used to like to big himself up, which was undeserved, given his level of experience and background IMO.

I wouldn’t mind having him around again, if he just wound his neck in a little bit.

BBB[/quote]

While I didn’t see the thread involved here, I would have to agree with BBB on the nature of Brooks posting at times, especially of late. Seemed like he sort of put himself on a level above what accurately depicted his knowledge base a lot of the time. Ego is nothing new to the human race obviously, and I’ve been guilty of that myself at times on this forum in the past, just like most of us honest guys will admit.

Nothing against him either as I count him as a decent bloke. These things happen and hopefully he may return after taking a sober look at himself and humbling up a bit.
Anyone have a link to the above mentioned thread containing the whole mess?
I’m curious to see for myself wtf transpired on it.

TB[/quote]

No question he was a little harsh and that he put himself a couuple steps up from everybody else…However I’ve dealt with ego’s all my life and as long as u could look past that and not let it get to u he always had pretty good advice to give and he seemed to answer pretty much all questions that were put to him…Anyways I always respect BBB,cortes,bill and all the othere senior members of this forum and just would like to see Brook back as well.

If a little more humble I wouldn’t be complaining.

Thanks for the update.

he was very egotistical and spoke down on people, even lashed out sometimes if he misunderstood someones words being directed at him.

however, he was one of the most helpful people on the board to me during my cycle, even helping me out via pm with a lot of stuff.

also knock his background as you will, but one of my best friends is struggling with drug addiction and i am his sober sponser for NA, and brook was very helpful in helping me understand what my friend is going through. off topic from the forum yes, but still a decent guy.

he may have little man syndrome to a point, but i would still like to see him around as he was a great help to me.

[quote]kayveeay wrote:
he was very egotistical and spoke down on people, even lashed out sometimes if he misunderstood someones words being directed at him.

however, he was one of the most helpful people on the board to me during my cycle, even helping me out via pm with a lot of stuff.

also knock his background as you will, but one of my best friends is struggling with drug addiction and i am his sober sponser for NA, and brook was very helpful in helping me understand what my friend is going through. off topic from the forum yes, but still a decent guy.

he may have little man syndrome to a point, but i would still like to see him around as he was a great help to me.[/quote]

Holy hell if it isn’t the resident badboy Kayveeay! This new side of Brook is truly surprising to me.

Regardless of attutide, he was a good for the forum. He posts were detailed and he didn’t seem to mind answering questions over and over. He would answer questions like it was his job.

On the contrary, I don’t know how he had such a underdeveloped physique considering his use.

You guys are are like a bunch of Women at times i swear. Getting pissy over attitudes and someones perception of themselves. Maybe it’s a good time to look at one’s self and ask why some things bother you so much. To the point of making someone leave. You all have Ego’s the size of your biceps here, we all do, but let’s not be women.

[quote]Game Time wrote:
Regardless of attutide, he was a good for the forum. He posts were detailed and he didn’t seem to mind answering questions over and over. He would answer questions like it was his job.

On the contrary, I don’t know how he had such a underdeveloped physique considering his use. [/quote]

Does a basketball coach need to prove he can dunk before teaching others?

Does a gymnast coach need to prove his superiority to his students for them to listen?

If he was good at giving answers who cares how he looked. This is another point of my contention with the BB crowd. I’ve had some of the worst advice from the most genetically gifted dudes that looked like freaks.

I’ve also had really good advice from skinny or flabby dudes but dismissed the info based on them. Now i know better.

I like Brook, he was always helpful and gave out very detailed responses. He did seem to lash out more often the last few months though, oh well, I still think he is a good guy. He’s helped me out quite a bit.

Who cares. No one likes a pompous, arrogant asshole. Maybe Brook and Bill Roberts
can have enlightening private chats in the clouds, and remain above us all.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Holy shit Bill Roberts is gone as well?

[quote]Gregus wrote:
You guys are are like a bunch of Women at times i swear. Getting pissy over attitudes and someones perception of themselves. Maybe it’s a good time to look at one’s self and ask why some things bother you so much. To the point of making someone leave. You all have Ego’s the size of your biceps here, we all do, but let’s not be women. [/quote]

I guess we are just lucky to have a real man around like yourself.

BBB[/quote]

Well don’t get all sexy on me lol! :slight_smile:

yeah brook, he started off like this uber cool helpful guy who was knowledgeable/experienced and willing to share his knowledge humbly, and turned into this weird mother goose going around chastising all the children… like wtf d00d??

This also happened to some other people such as BONZE1243U and Detroitslionsbaby but everyone seem to have simmered down now.

That is good.

[quote]winkroar3 wrote:
Who cares. No one likes a pompous, arrogant asshole. Maybe Brook and Bill Roberts
can have enlightening private chats in the clouds, and remain above us all.[/quote]

But unlike you, they don’t waste space with their posts. Trolls like yourself are more than welcomed to leave if you feel disrespected by certain people.

[quote]Gregus wrote:

[quote]Game Time wrote:

On the contrary, I don’t know how he had such a underdeveloped physique considering his use. [/quote]

Does a basketball coach need to prove he can dunk before teaching others?

Does a gymnast coach need to prove his superiority to his students for them to listen?

If he was good at giving answers who cares how he looked. This is another point of my contention with the BB crowd. I’ve had some of the worst advice from the most genetically gifted dudes that looked like freaks.

I’ve also had really good advice from skinny or flabby dudes but dismissed the info based on them. Now i know better. [/quote]

If you take GH, slin and test you should resemble a weightlifter. He could have just moved onto another forum, its a shame.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
You guys are are like a bunch of Women at times i swear. Getting pissy over attitudes and someones perception of themselves. Maybe it’s a good time to look at one’s self and ask why some things bother you so much. To the point of making someone leave. You all have Ego’s the size of your biceps here, we all do, but let’s not be women. [/quote]

Pompous, much?