What Grinded Your Gears Today?

[quote]Nards wrote:
Improper use of the past tense is what ground my gears today.[/quote]

Well I’ll be hanged if I get hung up on every grammar misuse on the net,

[quote]treco wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Improper use of the past tense is what ground my gears today.[/quote]

Well I’ll be hanged if I get hung up on every grammar misuse on the net,[/quote]

People fucking up lose vs loose drives me up a god damn wall. But I then to keep my mouth shit because I have an issue with my their & there when typing on the social media and message boards. And am no scholar of grammar.

I will mention typos and grammar issues when a poster is trying to call someone else stupid though.

See what I mean, lol? So many typos, so little fucks given.

I get an email at 6pm from a professor last night.

Prof: I need you to meet with a student and I tomorrow to discuss her senior thesis.

Me: Sure. I work from 7:30 to 4.

Prof: OK. Let’s meet at 3:45.

Me: You dick.

When professional accountants respond to an email with “Tx”. You’re a fucking professional working for a multiple billion dollar company discussing multiple inter-company invoices totaling over $13 million and you can’t be bothered to type out two word - Thank you. Not to mention there is no greeting nor is it signed. If you’re going to waste my time with a thank you email at least be professional about it.

That really grinds my gears.

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
We were at our lawyer’s office yesterday talking about conservatorship for our daughter who’s turning 18. This is the process where you pay about $5000 so CA can appoint someone to drop into your home unannounced - like in an adoption - to see if you’re doing a good job taking care of the handicapped kid you’ve been taking care of everyday since birth. Then they appoint an attorney to represent her, and you get to go sit through a boring class, and read a best-selling book about how to be a good conservator, then you get to sit around in probate court all day. All for the privilege of having the state tell you that you can continue taking care of your own kid. [/quote]

Reading you had to go through that grinded my gears.

I’ve lived in CA for 20 years and I have to say, that in and of itself is starting to grind my gears. What happened to this beautiful state?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Worked a Gun Show this weekend for a friend/client.

Not a loophole in sight… lmao. Background checks all over the fucking place. [/quote]

Well you were in Massachusetts.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
We were at our lawyer’s office yesterday talking about conservatorship for our daughter who’s turning 18. This is the process where you pay about $5000 so CA can appoint someone to drop into your home unannounced - like in an adoption - to see if you’re doing a good job taking care of the handicapped kid you’ve been taking care of everyday since birth. Then they appoint an attorney to represent her, and you get to go sit through a boring class, and read a best-selling book about how to be a good conservator, then you get to sit around in probate court all day. All for the privilege of having the state tell you that you can continue taking care of your own kid. [/quote]

I’m irritated for you.

Wow.

DOn’t worry someone will be along to explain how this is actually freedom. [/quote]

Thanks, Beans and Daltron. It’s not like it’s a litigious or contentious process. I’m expecting it to mostly just be a pain in the neck, but you’d think they would do this sort of thing to people running group homes to make sure they are doing a good job, not to biological parents. Couldn’t our physician just sign off on a form and submit it to the court or something? You’d think, right? [/quote]

Give the government an inch, it takes a mile.[/quote]

Pretty much.

[quote]Doval wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

Reading you had to go through that grinded my gears.

I’ve lived in CA for 20 years and I have to say, that in and of itself is starting to grind my gears. What happened to this beautiful state?[/quote]

Thansks, Doval. I completely relate. I love this beautiful place, and it’s sad to see some of the crazy. Things have a way of becoming more and more complex, bureaucratic, legalistic, until there’s no common sense left in the process. I think that’s where we’re at.

Trying to post using one of these new fangled little flip phones is pissing me off!

Here’s something that grind my gears big time. Pisses me off to no end. When you go somewhere like a party with your significant other and the girls all get together then the throw down a a major bitch session about how their bf/ fiance’s/ husband want to have sex all the time and its such a major sacrifice for them. That they are sooo desirable, but because their nice they take one for England to shut up their male partner. That sends me zero to pissed off in 2.5 seconds.

My counter to this was to go all abstinence on them. I mean not even try. After a while, they started getting confused. Then they think there is something wrong with you. Then they start thinking there is something wrong with themselves. Then they’re saying shit like, “Do you like me?” and I respond “Sure I do.” Then a little while later, “Why don’t you want to have sex with me anymore?!”. “Oh, I don’t want to bother you. I don’t want to be one of those guys that push you for sex all the time and make you sacrifice. I don’t want sex to be a sacrifice. If you don’t want to, then that’s fine with me, we won’t.” “Where did you get that idea?!”
“Your mouth”.

Lesson to dudes, learn to control your sex drive and you’ll be much happier and you won’t get run over by women.

[quote]pat wrote:
Here’s something that grind my gears big time. Pisses me off to no end. When you go somewhere like a party with your significant other and the girls all get together then the throw down a a major bitch session about how their bf/ fiance’s/ husband want to have sex all the time and its such a major sacrifice for them. That they are sooo desirable, but because their nice they take one for England to shut up their male partner. That sends me zero to pissed off in 2.5 seconds.

My counter to this was to go all abstinence on them. I mean not even try. After a while, they started getting confused. Then they think there is something wrong with you. Then they start thinking there is something wrong with themselves. Then they’re saying shit like, “Do you like me?” and I respond “Sure I do.” Then a little while later, “Why don’t you want to have sex with me anymore?!”. “Oh, I don’t want to bother you. I don’t want to be one of those guys that push you for sex all the time and make you sacrifice. I don’t want sex to be a sacrifice. If you don’t want to, then that’s fine with me, we won’t.” “Where did you get that idea?!”
“Your mouth”.

Lesson to dudes, learn to control your sex drive and you’ll be much happier and you won’t get run over by women.[/quote]]

Why not just cheat on her?

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

“Your mouth”.

Lesson to dudes, learn to control your sex drive and you’ll be much happier and you won’t get run over by women.[/quote]]

[/quote]

Some of us still believe in this thing called honor and integrity…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

“Your mouth”.

[/quote]

Some of us still believe in this thing called honor and integrity… [/quote]

c’mon dude … don’t feed the troll

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

Worked a Gun Show this weekend for a friend/client.

Not a loophole in sight… lmao. Background checks all over the fucking place. [/quote]

Well you were in Massachusetts.
[/quote]

Which is governed by the same federal laws as any other state in the Union.

Fact: the vast majority of sales are through an FFL.
Fact: an FFL can’t sell a firearm without a background check.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

“Your mouth”.

[/quote]

c’mon dude … don’t feed the troll[/quote]
The troll is hungry

[quote]pat wrote:

“Your mouth”.

Lesson to dudes, learn to control your sex drive and you’ll be much happier and you won’t get run over by women.[/quote]

This grinds my gears too, but probably for completely different reasons.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

“Your mouth”.

[/quote]

c’mon dude … don’t feed the troll[/quote]
The troll is hungry
[/quote]

evidently

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

“Your mouth”.

[/quote]

Because it’s an asshole thing to do, that’s why.