T Nation

What Grinded Your Gears Today?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
People who say, “you don’t understand, you don’t have kids.”

Right, so exactly what qualified you to have kids? How long did you spend at university before they let you have them? Oh right, nothing qualified you, you just got fucked! Literally all you had to have to do was have unprotected sex. Not exactly difficult to do.

Maybe in like 50 years if your kid’s won a Nobel Prize then you can lecture me, but let’s face it, there’s a lot of kids out there and not many Nobel Prize winners. Just admit that you’re making it up as you go along just like every other parent does and every other parent will. You’re not an expert on raising kids just because you got drunk and used an expired condom.[/quote]

God damn, this is funny. I hope you knock someone up while you are still this young and stupid. If that happens, please please please let us know how much it turns out you actually knew about raising kids.[/quote]
Shut up old man, you dont know shit, you were drunk and just broke a condom. [/quote]

Bwahahaha! Fucking hilarious, all of this. Seriously belly laughed. In all honesty though, this happens all the time. Elementary teacher in ghetto knows. “Oops” babies are far more common than planned babies, sad to say…

Edit: What grinds my gears is seemingly 95% parents I deal with don’t read to their children. 20% didn’t talk to their children before the age of 4 unless they were telling them to do something or stop doing something, then their children enter school with a speech/language impairment. Many of them don’t bring their children to school more than 80% of the time from kindergarten through 2nd grade so eventually they fall behind so far that they also appear to have a Specific Learning Disability.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
People who say, “you don’t understand, you don’t have kids.”

Right, so exactly what qualified you to have kids? How long did you spend at university before they let you have them? Oh right, nothing qualified you, you just got fucked! Literally all you had to have to do was have unprotected sex. Not exactly difficult to do.

Maybe in like 50 years if your kid’s won a Nobel Prize then you can lecture me, but let’s face it, there’s a lot of kids out there and not many Nobel Prize winners. Just admit that you’re making it up as you go along just like every other parent does and every other parent will. You’re not an expert on raising kids just because you got drunk and used an expired condom.[/quote]

A person who doesn’t have kids doesn’t understand what it’s like to have kids in much the same way a person who has never had a real, full-time job doesn’t understand what it’s like to work and a person who has lived with their parents their whole life doesn’t understand what it’s like to support themselves.

Assuming you are going to do the work necessary to keep your kids alive and at least moderately healthy and happy you are going to need to put out at least a comparable quantity (albeit totally different quality) of effort as either of the above endeavours. Nobel laureates cost extra.

You may not be “qualified” to do any of these things ahead of time, but you’re sure as he’ll gonna need to figure it out once you start. The experiences you will have in the course of that process cannot be understood by someone who hasn’t had similar experiences, regardless of your university education or qualifications.

What’s so hard to accept about that?

Last weekend, as I was driving to the beach, I was behind some asshole in a Prius. I have to drive through the mountains, with dry brush on the left and right of me. The passenger in the Prius was smoking a cigarette and tosses it out the window, and I’m thinking this guy has to be utterly stupid. I finally get to pull along side him, because I have to see what kind of bonafide prick would do that, and on top of it all, both guys had man buns

The assholes on the first page feeling the need to lecture about kids. Shut the fuck up.

Worked a Gun Show this weekend for a friend/client.

Not a loophole in sight… lmao. Background checks all over the fucking place.

Went to get my hair cut yesterday. Opps, store closed 30 minutes ago (I thought they closed much later into the night).

Went today. Opps, too many people and they can’t get to me before closing.

Fuck me for not paying attention to store hours.

cunts

Got free tickets to a suite at M&T Bank stadium yesterday, Raven’s fucking blow it, again…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Got free tickets to a suite at M&T Bank stadium yesterday, Raven’s fucking blow it, again…[/quote]

yea man … not looking for the Ravens this year … was Suggs THAT influential of a leader? and is Flacco that flacid of a leader?

anyways, what grinds my gears today? My birthday…and traffic. Fuck traffic

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Got free tickets to a suite at M&T Bank stadium yesterday, Raven’s fucking blow it, again…[/quote]

yea man … not looking for the Ravens this year … was Suggs THAT influential of a leader? and is Flacco that flacid of a leader?

anyways, what grinds my gears today? My birthday…and traffic. Fuck traffic[/quote]

The problems as I see it:

1. The Raven’s pass rush was okay with Suggs, now it’s non-existent. Ngata’s departure and Suggs injury really hurts.

2. Once again the secondary sucks donkey balls. Dean Peas needs to get his shit together. I like Jimmy Smith, I think he’s gonna be pretty good in a few years, but he can’t let AJ Green have 220 yards. That’s ridiculous. He couldn’t cover Crabtree the week before, why did Peas think he could cover Green 1on1??? The rest of the players blow. Webb is terrible (too many injuries) and the rest are just discards from other teams. Some guy named Melvin I think played like 3 snaps and had to pass interference calls on 3rd down. I mean, fuck you…

3. Flacco is a good quarterback, but he isn’t great. I’m glad we have him, but he can’t carry a team for a whole season.

4. The Raven’s have 1 receiver, Steve Smith Sr. He’s the only dominate offensive player they have and he isn’t that dominate of a player even though he’s had a couple of monster weeks. Aiken already has two fumbles. Marlon Brown has too many drops (hasn’t developed). Max Williams and Crocket Gilmore aren’t involved in the offense enough.

5)The run game is garbage like in 2012. Forsett had 30 yards on like 7 carries. The team total was 45 I believe.

1. I don’t like Tressman, I think he sucks. His play calling is garbage.

P.s. happy birthday

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

anyways, what grinds my gears today? My birthday…and traffic. Fuck traffic[/quote]

The problems as I see it:

1. The Raven’s pass rush was okay with Suggs, now it’s non-existent. Ngata’s departure and Suggs injury really hurts.

2. Once again the secondary sucks donkey balls. Dean Peas needs to get his shit together. I like Jimmy Smith, I think he’s gonna be pretty good in a few years, but he can’t let AJ Green have 220 yards. That’s ridiculous. He couldn’t cover Crabtree the week before, why did Peas think he could cover Green 1on1??? The rest of the players blow. Webb is terrible (too many injuries) and the rest are just discards from other teams. Some guy named Melvin I think played like 3 snaps and had to pass interference calls on 3rd down. I mean, fuck you…

3. Flacco is a good quarterback, but he isn’t great. I’m glad we have him, but he can’t carry a team for a whole season.

4. The Raven’s have 1 receiver, Steve Smith Sr. He’s the only dominate offensive player they have and he isn’t that dominate of a player even though he’s had a couple of monster weeks. Aiken already has two fumbles. Marlon Brown has too many drops (hasn’t developed). Max Williams and Crocket Gilmore aren’t involved in the offense enough.

5)The run game is garbage like in 2012. Forsett had 30 yards on like 7 carries. The team total was 45 I believe.

1. I don’t like Tressman, I think he sucks. His play calling is garbage.

P.s. happy birthday[/quote]

I’m a little sad to see the Ravens off to a shitty start. Being a Pats fan, I look forward to the potential of a Ravens-Pats playoff game. They play us hard every time and are usually good games (when Rice doesn’t break for an 80 yard run on the first damn play of the game lol). This Thursday night Ravens-Steelers game is going to be a little sad considering they’re both shells of their former selves (but I’m sure it’ll be a bloodbath)

…and thanks

This applies to most of what bothers me: Watching the same people doing the same things in the same way over and over again expecting it to eventually work out.

and you know what else has been grinding my gears, the fact that I may have a torn ligament in my hand and I cant lift shit. I’m stuck squatting basically.

[quote]daltron wrote:
Ordered my third Sony SBH20 today (first one is the wife’s, second one has to be RMA’d, and this third one will be the spare).

SECOND time it came with a Euro charger instead of a US charger…

[/quote]

Nothing can turn Mr. Hand into Mr. Fist faster than somebody pulling my beard. I hate that with a passion. It pisses me off instantly.

The title of this thread.

[quote]mutantcolors wrote:
The title of this thread.[/quote]

I was waiting for someone to say it. It bugs me everytime I see the title.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
and you know what else has been grinding my gears, the fact that I may have a torn ligament in my hand and I cant lift shit. I’m stuck squatting basically. [/quote]

Turn that attitude around. This could be a blessing in disguise.
When I blew out a shoulder several years back and doctor ordered NO upper body work at all for 8 weeks, I was stuck only with squatting.
That kind of focus on the squat several times per week ballooned my quads like never before.