T Nation

What Ever Happened to Mike Ashley?

Couldn’t find much about him out there. Any know?


a pic of him from the early 90’s

Hes got a nice physique. I wonder why the pic looks so old school.

He was a self proclaimed natural. Anyone buying it?

What the hell, I’ve never heard of him before (I think?)…

How’d he do in competition?

Upper chest is huge.

[quote]slimthugger wrote:
He was a self proclaimed natural. Anyone buying it?[/quote]

I think you could get a physique like that with 20 years of progress. Why not?

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
What the hell, I’ve never heard of him before (I think?)…

How’d he do in competition?[/quote]

Thanks to googs, I found a link (http://bestbodybuildingguides.com/mike-ashley-bodybuilding-legend/) with some info on his competitive career:

He won the National American Body Builders Association?s (NABBA) Mr. Natural America title in 1982; the International Federation of Body Builders (IFBB) World Light-Heavyweight Title and the Nationals in 1986; the National Physique Committee (NPC) National Title; the Detroit Grand Prix of 1987; and the Arnold Schwarzzenggar Classic in 1990.

Yes, I believe him when he claims to be natural. Why not?

[quote]whotookmyname wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
What the hell, I’ve never heard of him before (I think?)…

How’d he do in competition?

Thanks to googs, I found a link (http://bestbodybuildingguides.com/mike-ashley-bodybuilding-legend/) with some info on his competitive career:

He won the National American Body Builders Association?s (NABBA) Mr. Natural America title in 1982; the International Federation of Body Builders (IFBB) World Light-Heavyweight Title and the Nationals in 1986; the National Physique Committee (NPC) National Title; the Detroit Grand Prix of 1987; and the Arnold Schwarzzenggar Classic in 1990.

[/quote]

thanks

[quote]elano wrote:
slimthugger wrote:
He was a self proclaimed natural. Anyone buying it?

I think you could get a physique like that with 20 years of progress. Why not?[/quote]

truu dat

lol if anyone thinks that shit is (or could possibly be) natural…not that i give a shit, i didn’t bring it up, but come on guys.

Looks like Michael Lockett.

great physique.

Perhaps he lost all of his blood from being “continuosly drug tested.”

Seriously, the guy used to buy ads in the muscle magazines touting that he was “continuously drug tested.”

It was kind of weird.

If he didn’t use drugs, why the hell was he spending the money for all these tests? Didn’t he already know he was drug free (if he was)?

Were the continuous tests to impress other people? But who had any interest in the tests? I really don’t think anyone gave a flip, actually.

I always had the impression that it was snake-oil-salesman type gimmick.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Perhaps he lost all of his blood from being “continuosly drug tested.”

Seriously, the guy used to buy ads in the muscle magazines touting that he was “continuously drug tested.”

It was kind of weird.

If he didn’t use drugs, why the hell was he spending the money for all these tests? Didn’t he already know he was drug free (if he was)?

Were the continuous tests to impress other people? But who had any interest in the tests? I really don’t think anyone gave a flip, actually.

I always had the impression that it was snake-oil-salesman type gimmick.[/quote]

You can’t be serious. It is 2008, almost 2009. This guy hasn’t competed since the early 90’s and people are still calling him out on it. I would say some gave and still give “a flip”. What is strange about getting drug tested when he claimed openly that he was drug free?

As far as whether he is or not, he was literally huge in high school. His dad had the exact same jaw structure and basic build in old family photos. You can’t deny genetics and hard work.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Perhaps he lost all of his blood from being “continuosly drug tested.”

Seriously, the guy used to buy ads in the muscle magazines touting that he was “continuously drug tested.”

It was kind of weird.

If he didn’t use drugs, why the hell was he spending the money for all these tests? Didn’t he already know he was drug free (if he was)?

Were the continuous tests to impress other people? But who had any interest in the tests? I really don’t think anyone gave a flip, actually.

I always had the impression that it was snake-oil-salesman type gimmick.

You can’t be serious. It is 2008, almost 2009. This guy hasn’t competed since the early 90’s and people are still calling him out on it. I would say some gave and still give “a flip”. What is strange about getting drug tested when he claimed openly that he was drug free?

As far as whether he is or not, he was literally huge in high school. His dad had the exact same jaw structure and basic build in old family photos. You can’t deny genetics and hard work.[/quote]

Sounds like you spent some quality time with the fam. Can you upload those pics?

[quote]slimthugger wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Perhaps he lost all of his blood from being “continuosly drug tested.”

Seriously, the guy used to buy ads in the muscle magazines touting that he was “continuously drug tested.”

It was kind of weird.

If he didn’t use drugs, why the hell was he spending the money for all these tests? Didn’t he already know he was drug free (if he was)?

Were the continuous tests to impress other people? But who had any interest in the tests? I really don’t think anyone gave a flip, actually.

I always had the impression that it was snake-oil-salesman type gimmick.

You can’t be serious. It is 2008, almost 2009. This guy hasn’t competed since the early 90’s and people are still calling him out on it. I would say some gave and still give “a flip”. What is strange about getting drug tested when he claimed openly that he was drug free?

As far as whether he is or not, he was literally huge in high school. His dad had the exact same jaw structure and basic build in old family photos. You can’t deny genetics and hard work.

Sounds like you spent some quality time with the fam. Can you upload those pics?[/quote]

You think I have every picture ever posted in a magazine on my computer just for when jackasses question a certain bodybuilder?

This guy hasn’t competed in over a decade. I won’t be searching through years of mags just because you don’t believe it.