What Else Should I Be Taking?

I started taking normal whey protein (Dymatize) when I first began working out and recently switched to isolate whey protein to help rebuild…

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about IsoSensation (or Ultimate Nutrition products in general). It’s 93% protein / serving… I go to the gym regularly but I’m not 100% positive if this switch was a good choice.

I’ve considered taking weight gainer as well but I’m afraid to ‘gain’ the wrong kind of weight by consuming so many calories. I weighed 230lbs last year around this time and I’m simply trying to gain muscle and get more lean… dropping my body fat down to 8% is a goal of mine but I guess that can be accomplished mostly by a good clean diet and alot of cardio time?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Weight gainers are junk, don’t waste your time.

The site you are posting on sells pretty much the sexiest, best tasting, most advanced protein supplement on the planet in Metabolic Drive. I would recommend that over any of the other over-priced whey isolates out there.

As for cutting down to 8% BF. That is all about diet. I’m not a fan of a shit load of cardio, because I used to do it and for me, all it did was hold me back. I respond much better to interval training and a diet so clean it scares people.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

The site you are posting on sells pretty much the sexiest, best tasting, most advanced protein supplement on the planet in Metabolic Drive. I would recommend that over any of the other over-priced whey isolates out there.

As for cutting down to 8% BF. That is all about diet. I’m not a fan of a shit load of cardio, because I used to do it and for me, all it did was hold me back. I respond much better to interval training and a diet so clean it scares people.
[/quote]
I’ll have to second that. Good advice!

[quote]duke6j wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

I’ll have to second that. Good advice!
[/quote]

Yes, I will have to agree. This guy with the flamboyant looking Snake Plisskin avi gives good advice! (I know it’s Capt. Ron) Metabolic Drive Complete is what I would use if you want a quality protein with added calories (good calories).

D

I’d skip the cut and just start a nice steady weight gain.

If you want a weight-gainer do this:
Protein powder+Extra Virgin Olive Oil+Fruit+Oats+Heavy Cream+Splenda to taste= A helluva a lot of calories

What are you going to cut?

you want to gain more muscle? good idea
cutting? seems like opposite goals to me

To OP, what other supplements are you taking ?

Honestly, you look pretty lean. I would go for muscle growth! Then after you pack on some muscle worry about getting down to 8% BF

You guessed it; it’s all about diet.

Two obvious tips:

Hard Work
Discipline

Okay, thanks very much for the advice everyone… I have purchased Metabolic Drive and will be training hard and using this product. It sounds like I will benefit greatly from using it while keeping a clean diet.

So the overall plan is gaining muscle and then worrying about dropping down to a lower body fat percentage as necessary (as suggested).

Thanks once again! I appreciate the comments.