What Elections Can I Vote In?

So, I have had my green card for almost 18 months, and I am curious as to what exactly my voting rights are.

From what I understand I have to be a citizen to vote in the national elections (I assume this is for the president, house, and senate). So can I only vote for the ohio house and senate? Or by local elections do they mean at the municipal level?

I basically read that I can vote in state and local elections that don’t require me to be a citizen, but I really have no idea what those are.

If anyone can tell me or point me to a website where I can find this info, that would be awesome. I assume it differs from state to state as well, so I’m talking about voting in Ohio.

Ren

You need to register. I don’t know the answer to your specific question re: Ohio but the county election office will be able to tell you. Call the county office where you live to get started.

[quote]Ren wrote:
So, I have had my green card for almost 18 months, and I am curious as to what exactly my voting rights are.

From what I understand I have to be a citizen to vote in the national elections (I assume this is for the president, house, and senate). So can I only vote for the ohio house and senate? Or by local elections do they mean at the municipal level?

I basically read that I can vote in state and local elections that don’t require me to be a citizen, but I really have no idea what those are.

If anyone can tell me or point me to a website where I can find this info, that would be awesome. I assume it differs from state to state as well, so I’m talking about voting in Ohio.[/quote]

I would think anything OTHER than Presidential, U.S Senate, and U.S. House elections.