What Does Your Diet Look Like?

Just wondering whether anyone can post what theyre typical workout looks like. I was wanting meal ideas cos mine are pretty average and lacks variation. If possible could you include the nutrient breakdown and calorie total.

If you could it would be a real help, thanks in advance.

Mine is basically:
1: Eggs, oats, milk, cheese
2: Shake w/milk, banana
3: Lean mince w/pasta
4: 2 sandwiches w/meat + milk
5: chicken, sweet potato, vegies
6: Nuts, milk
7: Shake w/olive oil, PB, milk

My diet looks like this:

[u]1[/u]
6 eggs
1 cup oats w/ honey, cinamon, 1 tbsp almond butter, handful of blueberries

[u]2[/u]
casein protein shake w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter, 120cal yogurt

[u]3[/u]
1lb chicken, veg, potatoes

[u]4[/u]

[u]5[/u]
1lb ground beef, veg, 1/2 as many potatoes as previous meal.

[u]6[/u]

I’m considering adding in another meal with 12oz-1lb of meat instead of a protein shake.

I don’t know my calorie & nutrient breakdown, because it doesn’t matter. All I know is that I’m gaining weight with it, and my waist size isn’t increasing.

If I start gaining too much fat, i’ll take out the yogurts OR do some cardio

I know its bland, but, i hate eating anyway. I could be eating cardboard for all I care.

Im leaning down now, so:

1. 1½ cups of dry rolled oats (then cooked with water). 1 scoop of Chocolate Metabolic Drive. 1 scoop of Whey protein. 3grams of fish oil and a multi.

2)25grams Whey, 80-100grams of WMS, and 5grams creatine. PRE-Workout.

3)25grams Whey, 80-100grams of WMS, and 5grams creatine. Post-Workout.

4)2 pan fried (in a pot with PAM) chicken breasts. I cut them into small cubes so they cook faster. 2 cups broccoli or spinach (usually broccoli). 2 servings of brown rice. 5grams fish oil and a multi.

5)2 chicken breasts (cooked like above). 2 cups broccoli or spinach. 1 serving of brown rice. 1 serving of raisins (1/4th cup). 5grams fish oil and multi.

6)1½ scoops of Chocolate Metabolic Drive Low carb w/ water. 1 Tablespoon of Natty Peanut Butter. ½ serving of raisins. 1 gram fish oil.

*I use Opti-Men multi’s by ON. They direct to take a multi 3 times daily.
*Very rarely I will sub my veggie of broc or spinach for cucumbers.
*I very liberally salt all my foods with sea salt.

I eat alot of calories. =)

• 500g Ground beef + 250g Pasta + 500g Beans, split into 2 meals.
  • 60g Protein Shake
  • 6 Eggs
  • 500g Chicken
  • PWO Shake 40/40.
  • 500g Crumbed Fish + Veg
  • Cottage Cheese + 1 Pint of milk

On a side note, here is what Dr. John Berardi’s diet was like when he went from 140lbs to 210:

Breakfast 8AM: 6 whole eggs, 4 slices of whole grain bread, and 4 packets of instant oatmeal

Lunch 12PM: 1 pound extra lean ground beef, 1-cup cauliflower, and 2 large baked potatoes

Evening Meal 4PM: 1 pound of extra lean ground beef, 1-cup broccoli, and 2 large baked potatoes

Post-workout 8PM: 0.75lb of pasta (weighed before cooking), 1-cup green beans, and 0.75lb extra lean ground chicken

Before Bed: 6 whole eggs, 4 slices of whole grain bread

"Also, upon waking each morning I’d mix up a one-gallon jug of water and somewhere between five and ten scoops of whey protein. In addition, I’d open a bag of six cinnamon raisin bagels and put peanut butter in between each bagel. The protein drink and the bagels were to be consumed all day long when an actual meal wasn’t being eaten.

Again, the motto was, “If I’m not chewing, I’m not growing.” I’m not lying when I say that as soon as I’d finish each meal, I’d start right away with my protein shake and bagels and continue on them until the next meal. Even if I was in class, even at work, even when I felt like I couldn’t stomach another morsel. Wherever, whenever, I ate."

I’ll play along:

Breakfast: 1 cup oats, 1 cup skim milk, 14g almonds, 1 scoop whey, 5g creatine

Post Workout: 2 cups whole milk, 28g chocolate Nesquik, 1 scoop whey, 5g creatine

Lunch: 2 cups instant white rice, 1 can black beans, 5oz (cooked) chicken breast, 1 tbsp fish oil

Snack: 1.5 oz raisins, 2 string cheese, 1 oz almonds

Dinner: 4oz (dry) spaghetti, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, 5oz (cooked) chicken breast

~3,350 calories, 240g protein, 415g carbs, 80g fat

^^this may change slightly from day to day, it simply serves as a basic outline.

I hate measuring…

5 to 6 meals, no longer then 4 hours between a meal… make it mainly meat and fat sometimes bread ends up in there… dont drink callories with the exception being my protein shakes… carbs heavy for breakfast and before/after a workout…

I see no reason to complicate my life on the little details… right now I am cutting because I got carried away last semester with milk and squats and got a lot more fat then i wanted so I just watch carb intake a little more…

Here’s my breakdown from a week ago:

163g Fat
458g Carbs
305g Protein

4500 calories

sometimes a little lower on carbs and/or protein.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

163g Fat
458g Carbs
305g Protein

4500 calories

sometimes a little lower on carbs and/or protein.[/quote]

Hows this breakdown working for ya? I assume ur bulking ;b. I ask because I was just recently bulking up, but was consuming about twice as many carbs with slightly more than half the fat. I think my second go around I would like to lower the carbs, so I can add some tasty fats in there. Also, what are some meals (if any) that you were having with both CHO and Fats?

I’ve been carb cycling for a few weeks now. I have to say it’s been pretty awesome so far.

High Day - 245/430/0 P/C/F
Medium Day - 300/150/20 P/C/F
Low Day - 300/60/65 P/C/F

[quote]elusive wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

163g Fat
458g Carbs
305g Protein

4500 calories

Hows this breakdown working for ya? I assume ur bulking ;b. I ask because I was just recently bulking up, but was consuming about twice as many carbs with slightly more than half the fat. I think my second go around I would like to lower the carbs, so I can add some tasty fats in there. Also, what are some meals (if any) that you were having with both CHO and Fats?[/quote]

Working good so far. It’s essentially what I’ve done to gain 30 lbs in the past year.

I usually have carbs and fats with every meal (exception PWO meal).

I’m not big into not combining fats and carbs right now since it’s tough for me to eat a lot of food, so carbs and fats in the same meal help fulfill my caloric needs.
Besides, I hate veggies, so I have a piece of fruit with every meal.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
elusive wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

163g Fat
458g Carbs
305g Protein

4500 calories

Hows this breakdown working for ya? I assume ur bulking ;b. I ask because I was just recently bulking up, but was consuming about twice as many carbs with slightly more than half the fat. I think my second go around I would like to lower the carbs, so I can add some tasty fats in there. Also, what are some meals (if any) that you were having with both CHO and Fats?

Working good so far. It’s essentially what I’ve done to gain 30 lbs in the past year.

I usually have carbs and fats with every meal (exception PWO meal).

I’m not big into not combining fats and carbs right now since it’s tough for me to eat a lot of food, so carbs and fats in the same meal help fulfill my caloric needs.
Besides, I hate veggies, so I have a piece of fruit with every meal.
[/quote]

Thanks. Im definitly going to give that a run when Im in a mass gaining phase again. I missed out on lots of red meat and whole eggs last time.

cheers guys. good to see carb cycling is working cos im doin that atm, im guessing carb cycling wont work as well if i have whole milk in my diet?? thoughts??

how do u guys afford to eat so much chicken and beef, does it matter if i eat different cuts other than breast? and higher fat beef?

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:
how do u guys afford to eat so much chicken and beef, does it matter if i eat different cuts other than breast? and higher fat beef?[/quote]

It shouldn’t really matter as long as different cuts of chicken or beef fit into your macro breakdown.

cheers guys. good to see carb cycling is working cos im doin that atm, im guessing carb cycling wont work as well if i have whole milk in my diet?? thoughts??

how do u guys afford to eat so much chicken and beef, does it matter if i eat different cuts other than breast? and higher fat beef?[/quote]

I use whatever is on sale at the supermarket.

Ground beef is cheap, so is chicken.

Steak & fish is the most expensive, I only have those every so often.

[quote]elusive wrote:
pro-a-ggression wrote:
how do u guys afford to eat so much chicken and beef, does it matter if i eat different cuts other than breast? and higher fat beef?

It shouldn’t really matter as long as different cuts of chicken or beef fit into your macro breakdown. [/quote]

So u reckon that it would be the same for whole milk, or does it have to much sugar, cos im prob getting fat from having whole milk :stuck_out_tongue:

or… is it just the fact that drinking whole milk the entire day by itself sometimes, means that im getting to much fat and carbs in the one meal. ie. ur meant to have meals consisting of P+C or P+F not C+F???

elusive wrote:
pro-a-ggression wrote:

It shouldn’t really matter as long as different cuts of chicken or beef fit into your macro breakdown.

So u reckon that it would be the same for whole milk, or does it have to much sugar, cos im prob getting fat from having whole milk :stuck_out_tongue:

or… is it just the fact that drinking whole milk the entire day by itself sometimes, means that im getting to much fat and carbs in the one meal. ie. ur meant to have meals consisting of P+C or P+F not C+F???

[/quote]

Yeah, but milk is not just C+F. Theres protein in there too. I wouldn’t just have an entire whole milk “meal”, but if a glass of milk (assuming u tolerate it) fits into your macro limits (meaning P/F/CHO for the day) I don’t see what would be wrong with it. However, if you feel that its making you fat then obviously I would avoid it. You know what foods aren’t agreeing with you.

On a side note. I too, find myself avoiding meals with both fats and carbs, but when u add protein in the mix you have three different macros that are all going to slow each others digestion down. As long as the calories for that meal and the day are in check, I personally don’t think a P+C+F meal should be a problem.

Yesterday’s run down (curently cutting)

-1/2 cup oats, 2 scoops met drive, Natty Peanut Butter

-Turkey pepperoni, 3 slices fat free cheese, EAS low carb bar

-Chicken breast, asparagus, 1/2 cup oats

-2 scoops whey, 1/2 cup oats

-1 cup cottage cheese

-2 scoops whey, pop tart

-Tilapia, lettuce, celery

-2 scoops Metabolic Drive

Cals - 2716
Prot - 348g
Carbs- 174g

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Yesterday’s run down (curently cutting)

-2 scoops whey, pop tart

S
[/quote]

a pop tart? I assume this is a PWO meal?

:smiley: You got it.

S