What Does 'Triumph' Mean to You?

TRIUMPH

How does the word triumph relate to body building to you? Describe in your own words or use a quote that you have found. Below ate my thoughts:

TRIUMPH

To never allow any circumstance, any duration of time laps due to injury, nor any defeat cause the delay of your ultimate success!

I love lifting. I love everything about it. Yes, I am a girly girl for sure but I am more than just that. I am multi faceted.

Last week I was at my gym and I had a trainer measure my body fat. (Feb.2014) I was measured from the same device @ 26.6% Now I am at 24.2%. The trainer was really impressed and said that is was great that I lost 2% body fat in one year. Wow that really motivated me! I was s pleased with myself. When this year began I told myself that I was going to finish losing the rest of the weight that I want to lose. Last year I told myself that I was going to lode the weight which I gained from falling down 13 stairs a few years back.

Well, following that fall I become seriously ill. I was sick for 1.5 years. I put on even MORE weight then. I was driven to succeed though, and have recently lost 35 pounds. Recently I have had yet another set back. I will not crumble though. I will not be defeated! No matter how long it takes me I will complete my goals! My goals are to lose more fat and gain more muscle. With the help of God, sheer determination, good nutrition, and gum time I will conquer the odds!

Through sets backs, and defeats, from heartache to backache, from sickness and stress I HAVE made it work & my body IS the proof! My words below illustrate what I have learned from this progression of defeats which led me to success. My statement below became my mission statement. I have not won the prize yet, my friend, but I will…I WILL!

I am a freight train bursting through challenges. I carry heavy loads producing great results. I conquer weakness & stride to my next adventure. I seek the strength of God & magnify HIs brilliance. I am a freight train never stopping, always delivering, & always moving forward!

Triumph - lay it on the line

The Insult Comic Dog

[quote]CLUNK wrote:
The Insult Comic Dog[/quote]

Silly dog, you forgot link

To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

It sounds like you’ve pretty much defined it for yourself Glittergirl69. Also you look great in the fountain pic.
Oh yeah. My wise ass answer.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:
The Insult Comic Dog[/quote]

Silly dog, you forgot link[/quote]

HYSTERICAL!

[quote]silverblood wrote:
It sounds like you’ve pretty much defined it for yourself Glittergirl69. Also you look great in the fountain pic.
Oh yeah. My wise ass answer.[/quote]

Thanks so much! That picture was taken this past summer.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Triumph - lay it on the line

[/quote]

Listened to the song really like it. Thanks for replying.

Congrats on your triumphs, GG! We tease here, but it’s all in fun. Welcome to the forums!

A couple of quotes that come to mind when I think of “triumph” but they are not just about body building.

“Adversity toughens manhood, and the characteristics of the good or great man is not that he has been exempt from the evils of life, but that he has surmounted them” forgot author

“I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - Victorious” Vince Lombardi

I will fill somewhat triumphant in body building when I reach the golden ratio physique measurements. But, I am sure that I won’t fill like I won or anything and stop. I will at the very least still try to get stronger while maintaining my physique but more likely will not be satisfied with my development and find something that I will want to “bring up” or improve upon.

There really is no “triumph” for me in this. It’s just a part of who I am and something that I have to do to help me be the best me I can be.

“Memento homo” (remember you are only a man)

[quote]CLUNK wrote:
Congrats on your triumphs, GG! We tease here, but it’s all in fun. Welcome to the forums![/quote]

Thanks for encouragement & the welcome!

Triumph, to me, means looking an arch enemy in the eye, knowing all their lies and machinations, shaking their hand in parting, and watching them shamefully cast down their eyes.

It means taking care of my loved ones as they get older, despite how painful it is to watch them grow frail.

It means facing how foolish and how full of hate I was as a youth, and acknowledging it was because I was weak and afraid.

It means moving forward, striving to avoid causing harm, failing miserably but trying to be present-minded.

Triumph is staring down my demons. For the most part that means love, but also doing a few bicep curls here-and-there.

I was thinking of British cars and motorcycles with questionable electronics systems at first.

But hey, anything you can overcome is a definite triumph. I’ve had my share of physical and emotional setbacks in the past few years, but have worked through all of them. I’ll say I’m finally back on track in the gym, but have a ways to go.

I’ll give this thread 5 stars *****.

[quote]Glittergirl69 wrote:

Listened to the song really like it. Thanks for replying.
[/quote]

It’s a great song. Glad to have you here I look forward to seeing your progress.

[quote]mbdix wrote:
I will fill somewhat triumphant in body building when I reach the golden ratio physique measurements. But, I am sure that I won’t fill like I won or anything and stop. I will at the very least still try to get stronger while maintaining my physique but more likely will not be satisfied with my development and find something that I will want to “bring up” or improve upon.

There really is no “triumph” for me in this. It’s just a part of who I am and something that I have to do to help me be the best me I can be. [/quote]

Thank you for both of your posts. I enjoyed reading them.

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:
I was thinking of British cars and motorcycles with questionable electronics systems at first.

But hey, anything you can overcome is a definite triumph. I’ve had my share of physical and emotional setbacks in the past few years, but have worked through all of them. I’ll say I’m finally back on track in the gym, but have a ways to go.

I’ll give this thread 5 stars *****.[/quote]

Thank you so much for the 5 * comment. Everyone who replied, great stuff! I am glad that things are going well for you now.

This life which we live can sometimes be so hard and challenging. But it is the way you survive it that makes a difference, not what the circumstance is. It is not the circumstance which breaks you, rather it is the WAY you handle it which determines how it will affect the rest of your life. I have had a lot of crap happen to me in my life. But you know what? Although some of those things that happened to me was in many ways a nightmare if I hand a magic wand I would not change one single thing about the circumstance; the reason why is because every thing about those circumstance made me. I became stronger and closer to God through each and every one of them. Each of those circumstances which tore my heart out have enriched and improved my life in one way or another. No one wants to crawl through the mud, but it is the process of cleaning yourself up which helps you to stand out from the crowd!