T Nation

What Does This Cost?

Just out of curiosity, what does a site like this cost to maintain? Per month. Is it easy? hard? Including hosting, updating, server space and all. Not including the store. Again, just curious.

lol you really go onto a business’s website and ask them to divulge their marketing strategy & business plan to some fucking random Level 0? My god there should be an IQ test to use the interwebz.

Is this a joke thread to try and give Artem a run for his money at dumbest thread of the night?

Is a 2009 member allowed to call another 2009 member a fucking moron? If so, I would like to invoke my privilege!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
lol you really go onto a business’s website and ask them to divulge their marketing strategy & business plan to some fucking random Level 0? My god there should be an IQ test to use the interwebz.

Is this a joke thread to try and give Artem a run for his money at dumbest thread of the night?

Is a 2009 member allowed to call another 2009 member a fucking moron? If so, I would like to invoke my privilege! [/quote]

Relax. I was looking for a ballpark figure. I didn’t ask them for trade secrets or for recipes to their supplements. I was simply curious as to what a website such as this costs to maintain. Sounds like you are the dumb one!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

Is a 2009 member allowed to call another 2009 member a fucking moron? If so, I would like to invoke my privilege! [/quote]

Relax. I was looking for a ballpark figure. I didn’t ask them for trade secrets or for recipes to their supplements. I was simply curious as to what a website such as this costs to maintain. Sounds like you are the dumb one!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

You have my permission and my total blessing to say whatever you deem necessary, bud. Make us proud.

Also, I agree with your inital statement.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

Wow…unnecessary.

It’s not as much as people think to maintain a site. A domain does not cost much if you get one that is not already owned by someone (kind of rare for a good one). If you find one you like at godaddy it’s around $10. For good hosting assuming your site doesn’t get too much traffic it is around $10-$50 a month. It varies because some hosts will complain when you start getting any traffic and make you pay for more bandwidth. Once you get a huge amount of traffic prices can shoot up.

As far as what they pay webmasters, writers, or any contributors here I have no idea. Their webmasters are nothing special though.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
VTBalla34 wrote:

Is a 2009 member allowed to call another 2009 member a fucking moron? If so, I would like to invoke my privilege!

You have my permission and my total blessing to say whatever you deem necessary, bud. Make us proud.

Also, I agree with your inital statement.[/quote]

Unreal, let me rephrase the question…what does a webite of this size cost to operate and maintain? Is that simple enough for ya?

all he did was ask how much it costs. lets not be assholes. sorry but i cant answer the op lol

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

I dont see how asking roughly how much bones it cost to host a site with this much data/traffic could possibly give ANY insight into their marketing strategy and business plan.

Sounds like a legit question to me.

[quote]Kreal7 wrote:
VTBalla34 wrote:

Wow…unnecessary.

It’s not as much as people think to maintain a site. A domain does not cost much if you get one that is not already owned by someone (kind of rare for a good one). If you find one you like at godaddy it’s around $10. For good hosting assuming your site doesn’t get too much traffic it is around $10-$50 a month. It varies because some hosts will complain when you start getting any traffic and make you pay for more bandwidth. Once you get a huge amount of traffic prices can shoot up.

As far as what they pay webmasters, writers, or any contributors here I have no idea. Their webmasters are nothing special though.
[/quote]

You sir, truly have no idea in that case.

They host everything themselves, first and foremost, have a whole range of domains leading to the site and have a team that is actually pretty fucking good at what they do - it’s easy to sit on the other end and have no idea how these things work.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Kreal7 wrote:
VTBalla34 wrote:

Wow…unnecessary.

You sir, truly have no idea in that case.

They host everything themselves, first and foremost, have a whole range of domains leading to the site and have a team that is actually pretty fucking good at what they do - it’s easy to sit on the other end and have no idea how these things work.[/quote]

…indeed. A few years ago it was said that this site cost the company a cool million a year to run. I can imagine, with all the upgrades and extras we get, it’s more than that now…

[quote]younggully wrote:

Unreal, let me rephrase the question…what does a webite of this size cost to operate and maintain? Is that simple enough for ya?[/quote]

Why Slim?

You wanna start your own “how to troll the internets” webpage?

[quote]younggully wrote:
imhungry wrote:
VTBalla34 wrote:

Also, I agree with your inital statement.

Unreal, let me rephrase the question…what does a webite of this size cost to operate and maintain? Is that simple enough for ya?[/quote]

Most of what I said was tongue in cheek.

While the the question itself is simple, the answer…not so much.

Eleventy dollars per hour.

Schfifty five

[quote]crimson_lily wrote:
Schfifty five[/quote]

Schfourteen-teen.

Seriously, I have no idea, but you can bet it’s run damn efficiently since Biotest is their only source of income.

Here’s why I asked. i saw this video about failblog on youtube

I didn’t realize that much work went into a little blog. T-Nation is much bigger hence must take alot more to run. Again, I don’t want trade secrets (I don’t care).

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
younggully wrote:

Unreal, let me rephrase the question…what does a webite of this size cost to operate and maintain? Is that simple enough for ya?

Why Slim?

You wanna start your own “how to troll the internets” webpage?[/quote]

Slim? Do you have pics? I have one up…I’m not slim ‘anymore’

[quote]crimson_lily wrote:
Schfifty five[/quote]

uh,
it’s clearly 3 fiddy.

[quote]Xab wrote:
crimson_lily wrote:
Schfifty five

Schfourteen-teen.

Seriously, I have no idea, but you can bet it’s run damn efficiently since Biotest is their only source of income. [/quote]

That and their baby kitten fur trade business.