T Nation

What Does Rhodiola Rosea Do?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
Did you read the article for the product launch? Explains quite a bit.

Go to the homepage and click on the new product release article. The same as going to the store and clicking on ‘more information’ for a product.

It is basically some generic verbage that says it helps the body adapt to stress. I really don’t understand it completely either.

Where does it fit in? Bulking? Cutting? …?[/quote]

So I looked up “adaptogen”. Most definitions indicate that its a substance that improves the body’s ability to adapt to stress. Many relate it to eastern medicine. Maybe that’s why its not real clear.

http://www.shokos.com/adaptogen.html

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I have tried the Biotest version. I came into it having NO expectations as to what it would do–the only thing I knew about it was the product launch article, and a slight familiarity with the concept of adaptogens.

Here’s what I’ve noticed so far: a definite increased sense of well-being; I sleep like a frigin’ rock!; more mentally alert–no, supercharged; more motivated–I seem to recover from, and can’t wait to get to, my workouts; I’m now dieting and I haven’t had the urge to cheat one time on my diet–it just seems so effortless for some reason.

All in all I think these are BIG. Over time think of how these changes could impact your progress–in and out of the gym.

Crowbar

[quote]crowbar46 wrote:
I have tried the Biotest version. I came into it having NO expectations as to what it would do–the only thing I knew about it was the product launch article, and a slight familiarity with the concept of adaptogens.

Here’s what I’ve noticed so far: a definite increased sense of well-being; I sleep like a frigin’ rock!; more mentally alert–no, supercharged; more motivated–I seem to recover from, and can’t wait to get to, my workouts; I’m now dieting and I haven’t had the urge to cheat one time on my diet–it just seems so effortless for some reason.

All in all I think these are BIG. Over time think of how these changes could impact your progress–in and out of the gym.

Crowbar[/quote]

Crowbar, how have you been taking it? Just following the daily recommendations on the bottle? I bought a few bottles but haven’t opened them yet, been waiting for a higher stress period like a severe cutting phase lol. Though I do have a stressful life in general and trouble sleeping.

I finally added a bottle to my last order, hell whats another $20 right. Took one cap as soon as the FedEX guy left. I recently lost my job and have been under extreme stress in addion to the normal stress load from hardcore training, working, raising a family, etc… Let me tell you.

I have not felt this good in a long time. Within 45 minutes I was more alert, I felt no stress!. I felt like I could take on anything. The mental clarity and the positive mood boost has sold me on this product. I only hope it continues past the first few doses.

And if Biotest keeps the price this affordable then I may add it to my list of staples. Flameout, Rez-V, Metabolic Drive, Surge, and Power Drive. Good Supp in my humble opinion. Great job Biotest!!!

I was taking rhodiola before the Biotest product launched and was VERY happy with it. I felt it had more of a stimulant effect and took it in the AM.

I had already been dieting for a month or two, but after taking rhodiola my umbilical skinfold measure plummeted dramatically. I had a great sense of well-being.

If the Biotest product is any better than that, it will be amazing.

It turns you into a viking.

I want to be a viking!

could this also cmbat over training, it says it can on the box but if thats true I DONT KNOW

I started taking it yesterday, 1 cap in the morning and work my way up to a full dose this week.

See what happens!
:slight_smile:

If you scroll down, there is quite a bit of info

http://articles.directorym.ca/Rhodiola_Manitoba-r865300-Manitoba.html

[quote]tkclary wrote:
I finally added a bottle to my last order, hell whats another $20 right. Took one cap as soon as the FedEX guy left. I recently lost my job and have been under extreme stress in addion to the normal stress load from hardcore training, working, raising a family, etc… Let me tell you.

I have not felt this good in a long time. Within 45 minutes I was more alert, I felt no stress!. I felt like I could take on anything. The mental clarity and the positive mood boost has sold me on this product. I only hope it continues past the first few doses.

And if Biotest keeps the price this affordable then I may add it to my list of staples. Flameout, Rez-V, Metabolic Drive, Surge, and Power Drive. Good Supp in my humble opinion. Great job Biotest!!![/quote]

I just bough t some of this fantastic stuff the other day. Brilliant! Less fatigue, increased energy production and drive. I got one from GNC though…am I missing out on anything? They don’t have Biotests RR available in SE Asia.

in this short time, I’ve ntoiced a difference. A good one. I like taking one in the morning and two in the afternoon. I already use the light box for SAD in the winters and this maybe another weapon in my arsenal :slight_smile: