What Does it Take to Prepare for a Competition?

have you considered hiring a coach? If so, who?

Honestly I want to see a pic because you sound HUUUUGE!!! I am 6’6" at 245 and someone at 6’4" 290 is massive. A pic would also help others tell you what body parts are lacking.

The OP seems to have a great attitude and is obviously huge if he’s not lying (which I have no reason to believe that he is)

OP, you’ve gotten some good advice from Stu (like always) and if you have gotten down to a bod pod tested 5% then you should have a pretty good understanding of what it takes.

I don’t see what more info you could be looking for but just remember that it’s much, if not more, of a mental grind as it is physical.

Are you going to start a contest prep thread or anything?

Great advice already. The thing ill add is if youre gonna do it, do it withe tge intentions of winning, not just for the experience. Im not saying its a failure if you lose, but its way too much sacrifice to do without the intention of winning the whole thing to motivate you imo.

Listen to what Stu said.

I would add if you have the funds, hire a coach. I did my own prep for years and never got near to the condition once I hired a coach. If you want to maximize the returns on your efforts, a coach is your best investment.

PM me if you would like to be referred to the guy I use.

Either way, good luck!

I also have about 20 posing videos of 2mins on youtube with all the mandatories but no advice given there lol

If its relevant to the op I would like to hear people’s different peak week experiences; water manipulation, carb loading etc