What Does Hardcore Mean?

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
It means you wear a ski cap when it’s blistering hot outside. You drop the weights that are moderately heavy while making noise so everyone can turn and see how truly ‘hardcore’ you are. You never smile because you are ‘in the zone’, and other folks in the gym are nuisances, intending nothing more than to obstruct you from your quest for massiveness (because you’re already ‘huge’).

S
[/quote]

winner

[quote]Tysdon wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
I withdraw money from the ATM machine in a hardcore fashion. I’m hardcore when I buy groceries. Not as hardcore as the “dime a dozen” wannabe MMA boys. It seems like every dickweed puts a Tapout sticker on his/her vehicle.

and im sure all those dickweeds have a purple belt in BJJ and a more than a few NAGA 1st places just like me right?[/quote]

Probably not, but dickweeds nonetheless. Wait, you’re a dickweed? It all boils down to this fact: The human body isn’t bullet proof. Consequently, accidents happen in street brawls and someone in the pursuit of self defense, sometimes tragically, double taps the assailant.

[quote]Tysdon wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
I withdraw money from the ATM machine in a hardcore fashion. I’m hardcore when I buy groceries. Not as hardcore as the “dime a dozen” wannabe MMA boys. It seems like every dickweed puts a Tapout sticker on his/her vehicle.

and im sure all those dickweeds have a purple belt in BJJ and a more than a few NAGA 1st places just like me right?[/quote]

Funny, this is like someone asking “how many sets should I do?”, or “which tricep-head do narrow-grip pushdowns isolate most?” but then stating that he is 280 lbs in contest shape.
Right.

Are you telling me that you’re the god of MMA(one of them, anyway) but have never had to really push yourself in order to get there and now log onto online forums to ask the kind of questions one would expect from a 13 year old?

Normally, experienced people (no matter whether they’re fighters or bodybuilders) demonstrate more common sense…

www.mymuscles.com/whatishardcore.htm

A quote by Frank McGrath (i think it was him), comes to mind: “if you have to tell someone how good you are, you ain’t that good”

Can be related to thinking you’re hardcore, etc.

this guy seems like he might be hardcore though.

[quote]mafzal4 wrote:

A quote by Frank McGrath (i think it was him), comes to mind: “if you have to tell someone how good you are, you ain’t that good”

this guy seems like he might be hardcore though.[/quote]

Too bad he blows balls so far in the NFL.

Ray Lewis = 1,000 more hardcorez than Gholston.

[quote]SSC wrote:
mafzal4 wrote:

Ray Lewis = 1,000 more hardcorez than Gholston.[/quote]

idk, i just recall seeing the dude’s picture on the forum and was amazed at his physique

[quote]mafzal4 wrote:
SSC wrote:
mafzal4 wrote:

idk, i just recall seeing the dude’s picture on the forum and was amazed at his physique[/quote]

Well, Flex Wheeler had a great physique, but he was about as un-hardcore as any bber can be :wink:

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
mafzal4 wrote:
SSC wrote:
mafzal4 wrote:

idk, i just recall seeing the dude’s picture on the forum and was amazed at his physique

Well, Flex Wheeler had a great physique, but he was about as un-hardcore as any bber can be :wink:
[/quote]

def…just drugs and genetics!

seriously though - that picture gives me the chills, so perfect (imo)

mafzal4 wrote:
SSC wrote:
mafzal4 wrote:

[/quote]

He was hardocre in a sweet kind of way

Jesus Christ.

People are such arrogant fucks around here. Everyone’s a badass hardcore monster with a 600 lb bench and an 800 lb squat.

Holy shit - shut the fuck up and don’t post anything if you dislike this guy’s thread so much.

But no, we have an endless amount of badass motherfuckers around here with a burning desire to knock people down so they can post about how awesome their poundages are or how much they can handle, because of course, they’re just so much better than everyone else.

Fuck off…

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
you should try it then. just make sure there are NO reps left in the tank after ANY set [/quote] Coleman ramps up. He doesn’t do 3-5 sets to failure and sure as hell not at the same weight. [quote]. and don’t take 5 minute breaks between them either.[/quote]

Maybe you were being sarcastic though, if so then I apologize :slight_smile:

[quote]-Tiberius- wrote:
Are you guys fucking retarded?
This is what hardcore means

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/unleashing_franklinstein?id=802636&pageNo=0

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/primal_instinct

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/build_a_dream[/quote]

I’m sorry I ever hated on B Machine and I regret it all the time. He was a breath of fresh air.

What is Hardcore? I’m a freaking noob and I know the answer to that one-let’s put it in terms of alpha males versus beta males:

Beta-males work out hoping bigger muscles will distract from their little dicks. Alpha males work out hoping their muscles will catch up to their dicks someday

Beta-males worry what their girl is doing when they are not there - Alpha males know what their bitch is doing - sitting with an ice-pack between their legs looking forward to round 4 if their alpha-man decides to come homes for lunch.

Beta-males need to take steroids to replace their balls - Alpha males simply need a refill for rounds 10-15.

Beta-males wait to go to the gym hoping to be seen - Alpha males go to the gym and don’t want to be seen, spoken to or interrupted while focused on moving iron.

Beta-males ask what is hardcore -alpha males saw hardcore and kicked its ass for being a wuss!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Bodyguard wrote:
If any knuckle head ever tells you he lifts Hardcore for 3 hours trust me he doesn’t even know the meaning of hardcore lifting.

If I need to simplfy it even more “If said knuckle head actually lifted Hard Core he wouldn’t be able to lift for 3 hours.”

First, this is by far the dumbest thread since last week.

Second, I agree for the most part. If you can train for 3 full hours lifting weights at full out intensity, you are either Kryptonian or you aren’t lifting anywhere near as “hardcore” as you think you are.

Also, the entire concept of this thread just shows flat out stupidity. It is as if some people actually believe that there are no levels of experience, intensity, or effort.

Someone who can only curl 35lbs has no fucking clue what it is like to curl a 90lbs dumbbell with one hand and has never experienced the overall stress of using that much weight. That alone can separate intensity levels.

There is no such thing as “relative strength” in terms of how your body deals with stress. If you’ve never experienced truly heavy weight, you have no clue what type of stress on your body that would present.[/quote]

This whole idea of relativity in training is pretty overrated if you ask me. In the grand scheme of things, there’s very little difference between the bodies of a huge man and a small man. Its a factor of two, maybe a little more, not even an order of magnitude.

For all intents and purposes it’s the same. Thucydides knew it when he said “All men are much the same, therefore he is best who is trained in the severest of schoolest.”

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Jesus Christ.

People are such arrogant fucks around here. Everyone’s a badass hardcore monster with a 600 lb bench and an 800 lb squat.

Holy shit - shut the fuck up and don’t post anything if you dislike this guy’s thread so much.

But no, we have an endless amount of badass motherfuckers around here with a burning desire to knock people down so they can post about how awesome their poundages are or how much they can handle, because of course, they’re just so much better than everyone else.

Fuck off… [/quote]

Just out of curiosity, but did you read the original posts where he we all answered his questions and he responded in an extremely dick-headed fashion?

[quote]SSC wrote:
Fuck off…

Just out of curiosity, but did you read the original posts where he we all answered his questions and he responded in an extremely dick-headed fashion?[/quote]

Apples and oranges

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Jesus Christ.

Fuck off… [/quote]

Who are you to judge us judging someone else!? Mind your own business and fuck off!!

Naw just kidding man, just noticing that this is a paradox.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
SSC wrote:
Fuck off…

Just out of curiosity, but did you read the original posts where he we all answered his questions and he responded in an extremely dick-headed fashion?

Apples and oranges[/quote]

Huh?

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:
What is Hardcore? I’m a freaking noob and I know the answer to that one-let’s put it in terms of alpha males versus beta males:

Beta-males work out hoping bigger muscles will distract from their little dicks. Alpha males work out hoping their muscles will catch up to their dicks someday

Beta-males worry what their girl is doing when they are not there - Alpha males know what their bitch is doing - sitting with an ice-pack between their legs looking forward to round 4 if their alpha-man decides to come homes for lunch.

Beta-males need to take steroids to replace their balls - Alpha males simply need a refill for rounds 10-15.

Beta-males wait to go to the gym hoping to be seen - Alpha males go to the gym and don’t want to be seen, spoken to or interrupted while focused on moving iron.

Beta-males ask what is hardcore -alpha males saw hardcore and kicked its ass for being a wuss![/quote]

haha, good stuff

matsm21 wrote:
you should try it then. just make sure there are NO reps left in the tank after ANY set Coleman ramps up. He doesn’t do 3-5 sets to failure and sure as hell not at the same weight. . and don’t take 5 minute breaks between them either.

Maybe you were being sarcastic though, if so then I apologize :slight_smile:
[/quote]

yea, I was, cause the thread had become a lost cause…and the op wasn’t going to get it anyway