What Do You Think?

I’m a 60’s guy but I would have to go with “horny slum goddess from the lower east side” by the Fugs.

Soundtrack from Les Miserables
Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show
ACDC-Thunderstruck
Van Halen
Hank Williams Jr.

I think this is an opera piece, but in the 80’s movie “The Killing Fields” as the character Sidney Chamberg (sp?) is watching film on Cambodia there is a tragic opera piece playing in the background that I really like. Anybody know what that is?

Elk, I think Puccini?s Nessun Dorma might be what you are looking for…

I love opera although I have to be in the mood…

Morcheeba
Chris Isaak
Sarah Brightman
Peter Gabriel
Paul Simon
Cowboy Junkies
Blue October
Shivaree
Andrea Bocelli
Selena Johnson
Cornershop
Thievery Corporation
Neil Diamond
Really old Solomon Burke, “Cry to Me” being my favorite song. But I really enjoy all that 60’s soul/R&B, Otis Redding especially.

[quote]Keith Wassung wrote:
Soundtrack from Les Miserables
Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show
ACDC-Thunderstruck
Van Halen
Hank Williams Jr.
[/quote]

Another Dr. Hook fan!!! SWEET!!!

Sabrina, my dear, right on! I will check that Puccini piece this evening. I was listening to ‘I’ve been loving you too long’ by Otis last night numerous times, great soulful music.

Neil Diamond’s cool, and so’s Hank Jr.

Elk, have you heard J R Cash’s version of The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face?
It’s off his last CD, I think.

It’s not swirling and uplifting, but I like it.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:

[/quote]

Joe, I saw that when I pulled up Roberta Flacks version. I meant to download it and spaced on it. You know I like Cash, so I will have to check that one out as well.

Roberta does it for me though. Her voice on her version is beauty.

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
Joe Weider wrote:

Joe, I saw that when I pulled up Roberta Flacks version. I meant to download it and spaced on it. You know I like Cash, so I will have to check that one out as well.

Roberta does it for me though. Her voice on her version is beauty. [/quote]

Agreed. The Cash version is of course a ton rougher…he was almost dead after all, but his whole soul and heart are in it for June Carter.

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
Sabrina, my dear, right on! I will check that Puccini piece this evening. I was listening to ‘I’ve been loving you too long’ by Otis last night numerous times, great soulful music. [/quote]

I’m positive this is what you’re talking about. I’d never seen this movie and I just watched a couple weeks ago and I recognized that piece. The opera is Puccini’s Turandot, it is very tragic and beautiful, the aria in the movie is the tenor aria Nessun Dorma, sung by Pavarotti. You may want to listen to a couple different recordings, Placido Domingo sings a version that I love, I prefer his voice to Pavarotti but it’s a matter of personal preference.

Oh, I like alot of the old standards like I’ll Be Seeing You, All The Way, Secret Love, etc. I will never get tired of Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
For mellow music, I like 70s and 80s RnB like Earth Wind and Fire, Bee Gees, Commodores, James Brown, George Benson, etc. For contemporary mellow music, I like Moby, Alicia Keys, among others. Bob Marley is great mellow stuff too.[/quote]

James Brown is now “mellow music”?

I agree with everything else, but you left out Maxwell, Olu (came out with only one cd but it was great in my opinion), and anyone who leaves out Sade deserves to be shot.

Maroon 5 is also nice to chill out to.

Pink Floyd for veggin, Al Green and Marvin Gaye for fuckin’. If you can’t get laid to Marvin or Al, you have more problems than I can help you with bro.

No matter where I am or what I am doing if I need one CD to put in me a mellow, introspective mood…So by Peter Gabriel, it really gets no better than that-even the over played In Your Eyes has never lost it…if I had to pick one song-well then Bob Marley-No woman…

Maroon 5 is good and mellow
DMB
Radiohead
Tool/perfect cirle, more perfect circle
Counting crows
elbow
coldplay
John Mayer
PRINCE

Pink Floyd
Yes
Radiohead
A Perfect Circle

But I’m more of a metal guy. Always have been.

pretty much all the other stuff mentioned here… my only addition is Jason Mraz

60’s 70’s and 80’s

I can’t not mention Bob Seger! I can’t believe I forgot Bob Seger.

Elk, Close to You is good but, Pictures of You is my all time favorite Cure song.

Feeling somewhat vindicated since one of his songs was used in Kill Bill, I will fess up to being a Zamfir fan. But, the music is really cool and the sad truth is, that isn’t even the most embarrassing thing I listen to.

Sabrina, I like Bob myself, but my Mom actually was a bigger fan. She saw him about five times in concert back in the day.

I also dig Pictures of you that is probably my favorite Cure song. Close to you, was a good one and the song that initially turned me on to the Cure.

[quote]Wagner
Mahler
Beethoven
Tavener
Varese
Veress
Bartok
Bach
Gorecki
Penderecki
Shostakovich
Ligeti
Ives
Piazzolla
Rachmaninov
Tchaikovski
Debussy
Ravel
Stravinsky
Holst
Schoenberg
Webern
Mussorgsky
Messiaen
Barber
Copland
Satie
Whitacre
[/quote]
melloW ? maybe those impressionist guys but everyone else up there has got some shit that’ll turn anything by slipknot into a frickn nursery rhyme.