What do you think?

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
This is impressive and it makes me sick that some people on here will make fun of him.[/quote]

Thanks for the support. I don’t take any offense to it. It wasn’t really making fun, rather just stating (correctly) that if you’re going to do bodyweight exercises, why join a gym?

I understand why the assumption would be that the things I did in that video are my day-to-day workout. Truthfully, what I did in the video, is really less than 10% of my training. The majority of my training is the same thing you guys do: deadlifts, squats, bench presses, overhead presses, chinup variations and accessory work.

Main reason you’d get hate is because a lot of young personal trainers, elite trainers included are a bit up their own arse and even more so when you have showcase videos which portray a Crossfit-type of showmanship.

Nothing against it really but when I see trainers putting customers through useless regimes just to extend the dollar income that much longer it pisses me off.

Great work and the song made my ears bleed

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
Main reason you’d get hate is because a lot of young personal trainers, elite trainers included are a bit up their own arse and even more so when you have showcase videos which portray a Crossfit-type of showmanship.

Nothing against it really but when I see trainers putting customers through useless regimes just to extend the dollar income that much longer it pisses me off.[/quote]

Agreed.

It’s not a BAD video or whatever you’d label it, but it’s probably not your best bet for business.

As an added note, when you post it here with a tagline of “what do you think?”, it makes you come off as someone desperate for attention, hoping people will compliment you without realizing it’s you or something along those lines. Just saying, that’s how it could easily come off. An intro of “Hey here’s some stuff I was doing for “_____” purpose, how do you think it will do?” might be more appropriate.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

Nothing against it really but when I see trainers putting customers through useless regimes just to extend the dollar income that much longer it pisses me off.[/quote]

Agreed.

It’s not a BAD video or whatever you’d label it, but it’s probably not your best bet for business.

As an added note, when you post it here with a tagline of “what do you think?”, it makes you come off as someone desperate for attention, hoping people will compliment you without realizing it’s you or something along those lines. Just saying, that’s how it could easily come off. An intro of “Hey here’s some stuff I was doing for “_____” purpose, how do you think it will do?” might be more appropriate. [/quote]

What I got from it then read some comments and seems pretty chill.

[quote]Fuzzyapple.Train wrote:

Agreed.

As an added note, when you post it here with a tagline of “what do you think?”, it makes you come off as someone desperate for attention, hoping people will compliment you without realizing it’s you or something along those lines. Just saying, that’s how it could easily come off. An intro of “Hey here’s some stuff I was doing for “_____” purpose, how do you think it will do?” might be more appropriate. [/quote]

What I got from it then read some comments and seems pretty chill.
[/quote]

Yeah, me too. But my initial impression was a bad one, it’s only because I gave the guy a chance that I decided he’s not a total twerp. Most people/customers won’t give you any chance beyond their initial impressions. I’m trying to help the guy out.

I totally get that, and agree. Most of my clients are 40-60 year old professionals, looking for either weight loss or general fitness. I don’t see the need for crossfit for that population. Most of my clients train in a way that is sensible and appropriate for their goals.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Ummm…well…umm…I was gonna say something about eating as part of training but I don’t want it to appear as if I’m dissing on your impressive bodyweight routines.

Seriously, your video is notable but here on TN it aint against the law to eat. 145 pounders do make for great gymnasts but when paraded on a website dedicated to building muscle it’s likely not to bring the house down.

Again, my compliments for being able to do several things I’m not even close to being able to do.
[/quote]

LOL pusharder, if you want to insult me, go right ahead. I probably deserve it :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m 145, but to keep 2 things in mind:

1. I’m 5’4
  2. I’m not a bodybuilder. I used to be in martial arts, and now, I’m powerlifting. But I get it. I am after all on a bodybuilding forum.

Agreed.

[/quote]

I agree. If I relied on online marketing for business, I wouldn’t be paying the bills. This is a “just for fun” video, and if anything comes of it, great. If not, I’m not exactly disappointed.

But my initial impression was a bad one, it’s only because I gave the guy a chance that I decided he’s not a total twerp. [/quote]

Ha! You decided I’m not a total twerp? Even I think I’m a total twerp. But thank you :slight_smile:

I’m going to post a video of me doing an illustration demonstration. And I’m going to record it from in my homegym!

:wink:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’m going to post a video of me doing an illustration demonstration. And I’m going to record it from in my homegym!

;)[/quote]

Go ahead and make a video showing how you reach the pull up bars.

I need a laugh.