What Do You Think?

Just wanted to c if im on the right track.

ive been lifting for almost 8 months now. Before that i was on and off.

My weights are as follows:

Bench 198 lbs * 10
Squat 264 * 8-12
Wide Grip Pulldowns 176 * 8-12
Deadlift 154 * 8 -10
Military Press 110 * 8 - 10

As far as diet goes , i dont really have a structured meal plan but im sure to get the 1 gram of protein / LBM and have one huge meal throughout the day. i know its not as optimal as it can be but thats all i can fit in given my work schedule.

I appreciate the comments in advance…

Heres another

Front

Legs

legs

sry got legs twice :s

You bench more thn you dead…?

Damn you need to go heavier on deads. i know you can

Your deadlifts suck. As do your forearms.

Thankyou, I needed cheering up today and your “have one huge meal throughout the day” really helped.

[quote]jasonoleo wrote:
Thankyou, I needed cheering up today and your “have one huge meal throughout the day” really helped.[/quote]

There’s nothing inherently wrong with having one meal a day. Show me the evidence that says otherwise. Sure, it may not be optimal to gain tons of mass, but some people do fine with such an eating pattern.

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]jasonoleo wrote:
Thankyou, I needed cheering up today and your “have one huge meal throughout the day” really helped.[/quote]

There’s nothing inherently wrong with having one meal a day. Show me the evidence that says otherwise. Sure, it may not be optimal to gain tons of mass, but some people do fine with such an eating pattern.[/quote]

What?

[quote]HAXlol wrote:

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]jasonoleo wrote:

There’s nothing inherently wrong with having one meal a day. Show me the evidence that says otherwise. Sure, it may not be optimal to gain tons of mass, but some people do fine with such an eating pattern.[/quote]

What?[/quote]

The guy made it sound like having one large meal a day is bad (hence finding it humorous about his one meal a day). I may have misread what jason was saying, however he made it sound like the one meal a day is terrible.

I apologize if that not what you meant. Sorry.

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]HAXlol wrote:

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]jasonoleo wrote:

What?[/quote]

The guy made it sound like having one large meal a day is bad (hence finding it humorous about his one meal a day). I may have misread what jason was saying, however he made it sound like the one meal a day is terrible.

I apologize if that not what you meant. Sorry.[/quote]

I have to agree with Jason though. Multiple smaller meals are best at preventing your glycogen reserves from being used to increase blood sugar levels. Eating one large meal also tends to decrease metabolism = more fat even though you’re eating less calories. That’s how I understand it.

Other thing is when you only get one meal a day, your body craves for its primary source of energy (glucose) which can lead to bad meal choices.

[quote]HAXlol wrote:

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]HAXlol wrote:

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]jasonoleo wrote:

What?[/quote]

I apologize if that not what you meant. Sorry.[/quote]

I have to agree with Jason though. Multiple smaller meals are best at preventing your glycogen reserves from being used to increase blood sugar levels. Eating one large meal also tends to decrease metabolism = more fat even though you’re eating less calories. That’s how I understand it.

Other thing is when you only get one meal a day, your body craves for its primary source of energy (glucose) which can lead to bad meal choices.[/quote]

Again, I do want to emphasize that different eating habits are for different goals. If the guy wants to pack on large amounts of mass, then the one meal a day is not for him.

However, one meal a day will not slow down your metabolic rate. Show me the evidence. A study was done (ask CT) where individuals consumed 800 calories a day for three days. Their metabolic rates did not decrease over that period. So one meal a day will not lead to extra fat gain unless it exceeds your daily calorie requirements.

As for the cravings, everybody’s different. Some people may experience cravings, some may not. Its all individual.

[quote]forbes wrote:

[/quote]

Define “terrible”. If you define it as not anywhere near optimal for desirable body composition, nor for adding mass, then terrible is a perfectly apt description.

[quote]doubleh wrote:

[quote]forbes wrote:

[/quote]

Define “terrible”. If you define it as not anywhere near optimal for desirable body composition, nor for adding mass, then terrible is a perfectly apt description.[/quote]

Terrible is a bit of a stretch but in regards to body composition, its perfectly fine. In regards to adding mass, its possible, but suboptimal.

Decent quad development.
But seriously what is up with your deadlift? Do they hurt or something? You sure you are doing them right?

up your protein intake to at least 1.75g/LBM, you’re trying to grow aren’t you? Hitting the gym is at least “on the right track,” but you’re never going to go anywhere without a plan in the gym & out of the gym (nutrition). Don’t be lazy, if you’re going to do it, do it right.

[quote]pdub690 wrote:
up your protein intake to at least 1.75g/LBM, you’re trying to grow aren’t you? Hitting the gym is at least “on the right track,” but you’re never going to go anywhere without a plan in the gym & out of the gym (nutrition). Don’t be lazy, if you’re going to do it, do it right.[/quote]

1.75832691g/LBM to be exact

.greg.