What Do You Think of This Training?

Hello CT and all of you guys,
I thought about doing this training after the one I’m doing right now and I would like to know what you are thinking about it!

Day1
5-4-3-2-1, 3x5(80%of the previous 1 rep, 30sec rest btw sets), 1x10 (70% previous 1rep) Squat
5x5 Military Press (explosive)
4x8 PullUps

Day2
5-4-3-2-1 3x5 1x10 Bench
10-8-6-20 incline flies
5x5 Deadlift (explosive)

Day3
5-4-3-2-1 3x5 1x10 Push Press
10-8-6-20 Lateral Raises
5x5 Squat (explosive)

Day4
5-4-3-2-1 3x5 1x10 Deadlift
4x8 Rows
5x5 Bench (explosive)

Day5
5-4-3-2-1 3x5 1x10 Squat
5x5 Military Press (Heavy)
4x8 PullUps

Day6
arms

Rest

Repeat

I would like to know if this looks good to you, if you think that 6 days a week would be too much, if it would be better doing deadlift and bench 3 times a week rather than squat and OHP and if ISO work would be too much also. I cannot perform High Pull in my new gym, but if I find the possibility to do some I would have my High Pull day on day1.

Thank you CT, you are the best!

[quote]bigmax wrote:
Hello CT and all of you guys,
I thought about doing this training after the one I’m doing right now and I would like to know what you are thinking about it!

Day1
5-4-3-2-1, 3x5(80%of the previous 1 rep, 30sec rest btw sets), 1x10 (70% previous 1rep) Squat
5x5 Military Press (explosive)
4x8 PullUps

Day2
5-4-3-2-1 3x5 1x10 Bench
10-8-6-20 incline flies
5x5 Deadlift (explosive)

Day3
5-4-3-2-1 3x5 1x10 Push Press
10-8-6-20 Lateral Raises
5x5 Squat (explosive)

Day4
5-4-3-2-1 3x5 1x10 Deadlift
4x8 Rows
5x5 Bench (explosive)

Day5
5-4-3-2-1 3x5 1x10 Squat
5x5 Military Press (Heavy)
4x8 PullUps

Day6
arms

Rest

Repeat

I would like to know if this looks good to you, if you think that 6 days a week would be too much, if it would be better doing deadlift and bench 3 times a week rather than squat and OHP and if ISO work would be too much also. I cannot perform High Pull in my new gym, but if I find the possibility to do some I would have my High Pull day on day1.

Thank you CT, you are the best![/quote]

Describe your logic to me. I do not like to critique a list of exercises. Tell me why you are dividing your lifts according to this schedule, why are you selecting these sets/reps scheme, what are you trying to accomplish… please put the program in context and give me your thought process when you created the program.

Sorry… I really want to bring up my squat, bench, deadlift and my OHPs, so I have decided to do them more frenquently. I choose this rep scheme (5-4-3-2-1…) because I have already done it and it worked well to me. I had good results on strength gains and also a bit on mass gains. The 5x5 in explosion seems to be a good choice for mass bulding, to upgrade my technique and for strength gains, but I’m not sure about it.

My first objective is to grow, my second is to get stronger on these lifts. The muscles I would like to improve are my shoulders, upper chest and arms (this is the reason I have a arm day). My legs are good, this is why I didn’t incorporate any isolation for them.
If I missed any information, just tell me! Thank you very much

[quote]bigmax wrote:
Sorry… I really want to bring up my squat, bench, deadlift and my OHPs, so I have decided to do them more frenquently. I choose this rep scheme (5-4-3-2-1…) because I have already done it and it worked well to me. I had good results on strength gains and also a bit on mass gains. The 5x5 in explosion seems to be a good choice for mass bulding, to upgrade my technique and for strength gains, but I’m not sure about it.

My first objective is to grow, my second is to get stronger on these lifts. The muscles I would like to improve are my shoulders, upper chest and arms (this is the reason I have a arm day). My legs are good, this is why I didn’t incorporate any isolation for them.
If I missed any information, just tell me! Thank you very much[/quote]

Honestly I wouldn’t use that split… I would focus on the big basics 3 days a week then have 3 days a week to work the smaller muscle groups and back.

DAY 1
Squat 5-4-3-2-1, 1 x 8
Bench press 5-4-3-2-1, 1 x 8
Push press 5-4-3-2-1, 1 x 8

DAY 2
Chest-supported row 4 x 6-8 with 2 sec. squeeze
Chin-ups 4 x 6-8
Pec deck superset with incline flies (4 sets of 8-10 reps for both)
DB shrugs with 2 sec. hold at peak (4 sets of 10-12)

DAY 3
Deadlift 5-4-3-2-1, 1 x 6
Military press 5-4-3-2-1, 1 x 8
Squat 5 x 3 @ 80% (adding 5lbs per week for 4 weeks)

DAY 4
Chin-ups 4 x 6-8
Chest supported DB row 4 x 6-8 with 2 sec. squeeze
DB lateral raise superset with DB front raise (4 sets of 8-10 for both)
DB cuban press 3 x 8-10

DAY 5
Squat 3 x 3 @ 70% using a very slow eccentric (lowering in 5 sec) and pause at bottom (5 sec), 2 x 6 @ 70% (normal reps)
Bench press (same loading scheme)
Deadlift 5 x 3 @ 80% (adding 5lbs per week for 4 weeks)

DAY 6
Arm isolation day

It looks great! How do you do your chest-supported Barbell row? I will give it a try! Thank you very much!

[quote]bigmax wrote:
It looks great! How do you do your chest-supported Barbell row? I will give it a try! Thank you very much!
[/quote]