What Do You Think of This Statement?

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

[quote]clip11 wrote:

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
You know what you can do with wisdom, clip? Make money.

[/quote]

Thats not the question, its one or the other.[/quote]

See, now it just gets stupid. If we’re choosing just one attribute we can posess to the exclusion of all others, I’d choose happiness. Who wants to be wise, poor and miserable? I’d much rather be poor, ignorant and happy.

But, to quote comdedian Daniel Toth, “people say money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy a jet-ski, and have you ever seen a person on a jet-ski look unhappy?”

DB[/quote]

Or a Harley. Stop feeding the trolls. HH must be bored.

I’d rather have a bad meal, than a bad resume, because a good resume will buy me steak someday.

-Steve Poltz

[quote]timbofirstblood wrote:
A fool and his money are soon parted bro.[/quote]
And the wise man who came up with that old saw as also wise enough to leave “by me” from the end.

Or, to put it another way, wisdom can’t be taken away from you by people with gold and riches, but gold and riches can be taken away from you by people with wisdom

What good is wisdom if you’re a procrastonator (sp). I’d take the riches and the hoes.

Wisdom!
When Angry Chicken posts I feel more smarterer.(Why is he so angry though?)

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
A man can always make money. Wisdom and experience have no price. You can’t buy it. It is therefore FAR more valuable.

My net worth was DECIMATED (literally) by a divorce in '07 and the stock crash that soon followed. Fast forward three years and I just “semi-retired” last month.

How did I do that? I was WISE enough to learn from all of the mistakes I made the first few times around, leveraged my available assets and resources, and didn’t hesitate to invest in sectors that I believed would grow. I also worked my fucking ass off.

Your analogy of “choosing one OR the other” is flawed. If you truly possessed the wisdom of Solomon, his riches (and women) would follow shortly thereafter.

Hubris is a man’s greatest enemy, not poverty. Study history. Find the patterns. Learn from them. In this information age we can, as Einstein put it, “stand on the shoulders of giants”. The only thing holding you back is yourself and your own self limiting belief system. Take a look in the mirror every day: is your BEST self looking back? or is it just a bunch of fucking excuses?

Just my .02…[/quote]

Reminds me of a quote I heard while watching Coach Carter:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves â?? who are we to be brilliant, beautiful, talented, and fabulous. But honestly, who are you to not be so?
You are a child of God, small games do not work in this world. For those around us to feel peace, it is not example to make ourselves small. We were born to express the glory of god that lives in us. It is not in some of us, it is in all of us. While we allow our light to shine, we unconsciously give permission for others to do the same. When we liberate ourselves from our own fears, simply our presence may liberate others.â??

Meditate on that for a bit…

[quote]DM65 wrote:

A man can always make money. Wisdom and experience have no price. You can’t buy it. It is therefore FAR more valuable.

My net worth was DECIMATED (literally) by a divorce in '07 and the stock crash that soon followed. Fast forward three years and I just “semi-retired” last month.

How did I do that? I was WISE enough to learn from all of the mistakes I made the first few times around, leveraged my available assets and resources, and didn’t hesitate to invest in sectors that I believed would grow. I also worked my fucking ass off.

Your analogy of “choosing one OR the other” is flawed. If you truly possessed the wisdom of Solomon, his riches (and women) would follow shortly thereafter.

Hubris is a man’s greatest enemy, not poverty. Study history. Find the patterns. Learn from them. In this information age we can, as Einstein put it, “stand on the shoulders of giants”. The only thing holding you back is yourself and your own self limiting belief system. Take a look in the mirror every day: is your BEST self looking back? or is it just a bunch of fucking excuses?

Just my .02…[/quote]

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves â?? who are we to be brilliant, beautiful, talented, and fabulous. But honestly, who are you to not be so?
You are a child of God, small games do not work in this world. For those around us to feel peace, it is not example to make ourselves small. We were born to express the glory of god that lives in us. It is not in some of us, it is in all of us. While we allow our light to shine, we unconsciously give permission for others to do the same. When we liberate ourselves from our own fears, simply our presence may liberate others.â??

[/quote]

LMAO, man if you’re going to quote a great poem like that give credit to where it’s due. Granted it is in the movie coach carter, but it was written by marianne williamson (not sure on the spelling).

i was at a party this weekend at an oncologists house. he is about 30, and lives in a multi million dollar condo in NYC. he didnt have a girlfreind, and his freinds were dorky, and it seemed to me like although he had so much money he didnt have company he really enjoyed or a fun way for him to spend his money. i make significatly less, but enough to be happy, and i felt richer for having the company of a great girlfriend at that party and the ability to not make akward conversation.

i was at a party this weekend at an oncologists house. he is about 30, and lives in a multi million dollar condo in NYC. he didnt have a girlfreind, and his freinds were dorky, and it seemed to me like although he had so much money he didnt have company he really enjoyed or a fun way for him to spend his money. i make significatly less, but enough to be happy, and i felt richer for having the company of a great girlfriend at that party and the ability to not make akward conversation.

[quote]kross001 wrote:
Wisdom!
When Angry Chicken posts I feel more smarterer.(Why is he so angry though?)[/quote]
Because he’s a Chicken.

[quote]DM65 wrote:

Just my .02…[/quote]

[/quote]

I never understood that quote… I’m not scared of being powerful, are you?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]DM65 wrote:

Just my .02…[/quote]

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves �¢?? who are we to be brilliant, beautiful, talented, and fabulous. But honestly, who are you to not be so?
You are a child of God, small games do not work in this world. For those around us to feel peace, it is not example to make ourselves small. We were born to express the glory of god that lives in us. It is not in some of us, it is in all of us. While we allow our light to shine, we unconsciously give permission for others to do the same. When we liberate ourselves from our own fears, simply our presence may liberate others.�¢??

[/quote]

I never understood that quote… I’m not scared of being powerful, are you?[/quote]

You’ve never had any power cause if you did you would understand it.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]DM65 wrote:

Just my .02…[/quote]

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves �¢?? who are we to be brilliant, beautiful, talented, and fabulous. But honestly, who are you to not be so?
You are a child of God, small games do not work in this world. For those around us to feel peace, it is not example to make ourselves small. We were born to express the glory of god that lives in us. It is not in some of us, it is in all of us. While we allow our light to shine, we unconsciously give permission for others to do the same. When we liberate ourselves from our own fears, simply our presence may liberate others.�¢??

[/quote]

I never understood that quote… I’m not scared of being powerful, are you?[/quote]

LOL Perhaps one day you will understand it.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]kross001 wrote:
Wisdom!
When Angry Chicken posts I feel more smarterer.(Why is he so angry though?)[/quote]
Because he’s a Chicken.[/quote]

It’s just an old nickname from my tattoo - nothing exciting, just a funny comment said in a room full of friends that stuck.

Wisdom comes from experience for the most part. I would say Wisdom is more valuable than riches or gold.

At least armed with wisdom I can be a wise investor.

“Don’t Gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver & gold” - Bob Marley

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]kross001 wrote:
Wisdom!
Because he’s a Chicken.[/quote]

It’s just an old nickname from my tattoo - nothing exciting, just a funny comment said in a room full of friends that stuck.
[/quote]
Were you doing the dance in your avatar at the time?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]DM65 wrote:

Just my .02…[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m no English major, but this is my interpretation of that statement:

I don’t think the writer literally meant you are afraid of power, but rather most people are afraid to shine or go above and beyond what the world tells them that they are. If you ask most people (well most people not in third world countries) they will tell you that they know they have the ability to be great. Whether you want to be a musician, a sports star, a writer, a missionary, a philosopher, ect… Most people realize that humans are capable of being Great! But most people do not actively pursue greatness, they for whatever reason are convinced that they are not extraordinary and cannot accomplish great things or be great people like Martin Luther king, Mother Theresa, ect… But we all can, you simply have to allow yourself to shine, be great, and don’t be afraid to dream big. “We are children of God and therefor are prewired for greatness, so don’t hold yourself back”. In other words, don’t be afraid of your power to accomplish great dreams, embrace it.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]DM65 wrote:

Just my .02…[/quote]

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves �?�¢?? who are we to be brilliant, beautiful, talented, and fabulous. But honestly, who are you to not be so?
You are a child of God, small games do not work in this world. For those around us to feel peace, it is not example to make ourselves small. We were born to express the glory of god that lives in us. It is not in some of us, it is in all of us. While we allow our light to shine, we unconsciously give permission for others to do the same. When we liberate ourselves from our own fears, simply our presence may liberate others.�?�¢??

[/quote]

You’ve never had any power cause if you did you would understand it.
[/quote]

That sounds more like a fear of misusing that power rather than having it.

In this information age we can, as Einstein put it, “stand on the shoulders of giants”. [/quote]

That was Isaac Newton, the giant whose head was later crushed by Einstein’s foot.

Wisdom beats money. Lots of stupid rich people lose their money.

And I’d rather have the moderate wealth wisdom leads to than lots of money without knowing how to use it wisely.