T Nation

What Do You Think of My Routine?

What do you think of my new routine??

Monday-

  1. Back/Front/Hack Squats
  2. Bench/Incline Bench
  3. Bent-Over Rows/Pull-ups
  4. Barbell Shrugs/Reverse Barbell Shrugs
  5. Barbell Curls/Dumbbell Curls

Wednesday-

  1. Deadlift
  2. Cleans
  3. Military Press
  4. Dips
  5. Lunges

Friday-

  1. Back/Front/Hack Squats
  2. Bench/Incline Bench
  3. Bent-Over Rows/Pull-ups
  4. Barbell Shrugs/Reverse Barbell Shrugs
  5. Barbell Curls/Dumbbell Curls

Week #1- 5x5
Week #2- 4x6
Week #3- 4x8
Week #4- 3x12
Week #5- 6x3
Week #6- Substitute Exercises 3x10
Week #7- 6x3
Week #8- 3x12
Week #9- 4x8
Week #10- 4x6
Week #11- 5x5

[quote]musclebuilding wrote:
What do you think of my new routine?

Monday-

  1. Back/Front/Hack Squats
  2. Bench/Incline Bench
  3. Bent-Over Rows/Pull-ups
  4. Barbell Shrugs/Reverse Barbell Shrugs
  5. Barbell Curls/Dumbbell Curls

Wednesday-

  1. Deadlift
  2. Cleans
  3. Military Press
  4. Dips
  5. Lunges

Friday-

  1. Back/Front/Hack Squats
  2. Bench/Incline Bench
  3. Bent-Over Rows/Pull-ups
  4. Barbell Shrugs/Reverse Barbell Shrugs
  5. Barbell Curls/Dumbbell Curls

Week #1- 5x5
Week #2- 4x6
Week #3- 4x8
Week #4- 3x12
Week #5- 6x3
Week #6- Substitute Exercises 3x10
Week #7- 6x3
Week #8- 3x12
Week #9- 4x8
Week #10- 4x6
Week #11- 5x5
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, how do you track your progress when your rep ranges change so often?

your exercise selection is pretty good.
i assume that your goal is building muscle.its a solid routine.stick with it.eat tons of quality food.sleep more.
stay strong!

Doesn’t look too bad…but the only real way to tell is if it works for you.

[quote]blue9steel wrote:
musclebuilding wrote:
What do you think of my new routine?

Monday-

  1. Back/Front/Hack Squats
  2. Bench/Incline Bench
  3. Bent-Over Rows/Pull-ups
  4. Barbell Shrugs/Reverse Barbell Shrugs
  5. Barbell Curls/Dumbbell Curls

Wednesday-

  1. Deadlift
  2. Cleans
  3. Military Press
  4. Dips
  5. Lunges

Friday-

  1. Back/Front/Hack Squats
  2. Bench/Incline Bench
  3. Bent-Over Rows/Pull-ups
  4. Barbell Shrugs/Reverse Barbell Shrugs
  5. Barbell Curls/Dumbbell Curls

Week #1- 5x5
Week #2- 4x6
Week #3- 4x8
Week #4- 3x12
Week #5- 6x3
Week #6- Substitute Exercises 3x10
Week #7- 6x3
Week #8- 3x12
Week #9- 4x8
Week #10- 4x6
Week #11- 5x5

Just out of curiosity, how do you track your progress when your rep ranges change so often?[/quote]

All I do to keep track of my progress is just do a week before my new routine doing mon/wed/fri fullbody with sets/reps of 3x5, 3, 1. Then I do this after my new routine.

[quote]BALBOS wrote:
your exercise selection is pretty good.
i assume that your goal is building muscle.its a solid routine.stick with it.eat tons of quality food.sleep more.
stay strong![/quote]

Thanks for the compliment on the routine!

Dude!

I’m no expert…but I notice you only have one exercise that hits the tri’s directly (dips)…and yet for bi’s you’ve got 'em setup for Mon/Fri…

I know bi’s are the show muscles (that even I’m guilty of loving to work)…but those tri’s need some lovin too!

UserRamma

[quote]UserRamma wrote:
Dude!

I’m no expert…but I notice you only have one exercise that hits the tri’s directly (dips)…and yet for bi’s you’ve got 'em setup for Mon/Fri…

I know bi’s are the show muscles (that even I’m guilty of loving to work)…but those tri’s need some lovin too!

UserRamma[/quote]

Where would you suggest I insert tri work?

I don’t like it that much. It’s whatever works but I’m more into more simple routines, I guess.

id suggest you do two week rotations first week like you have set up then second week two dead days one squat day
edit: why dont you use variations on workout 2?