What Do You Think of Creatine?

I'm currently taking a Physiology of Exercise class, and the professor seems to have a bad taste in Creatine.  Not literally, but you get the idea.  In the lecture, she gives us graphs from a study showing it does improve performance (20g for 6 days, then 2g per day afterwards) in strength activities.  

Then she goes to say that there are no known long-term effects, but thats because ingestion of creatine hasn’t been studied on a long-term basis yet at such high supplemented levels. Her tone makes it sound like she isnt a bit fan of it.

Now ive been recently supplementing with creatine for the past month, and walked up to her after class and asked some questions. She starts talking to me as if it were a steriod. I took in her opinion, but she seems so one-sided, that I’m not even gonna consider it. I understand the biochemistry of it quite well.

So, I ask you guys, what do you think about creatine? Does anyone know of any long term studies that I can take alook at? Anyone have any experiences they would like to share that they could attribute it specifically to the use of creatine?

Wait…creatine isn’t a steriod?

[quote]MUthrows94 wrote:
Wait…creatine isn’t a steriod?[/quote]

It’s just like a steroid, but different.

Yeah I take creatine. I eat that sh*t for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Creatine… I f**kin shower in that sh*t.

[quote]MUthrows94 wrote:
Wait…creatine isn’t a steriod?[/quote]

It’s a steroid, but not as strong as that “whey” stuff I keep hearing about.

Everyone knows you have to put the creatine in your socks if you want to get the full effect.

Only THEN will it be steroid-like.

Carrots.

Plz help, i started a creatine cycle and my kidneys exploded!!!one!

[quote]JCS19Y wrote:
Yeah I take creatine. I eat that sh*t for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Creatine… I f**kin shower in that sh*t.[/quote]

Another creatine shake chief?

Creatine is okay. Is your professor built or is she fat? Problem solved.

[quote]davidtower wrote:

Everyone knows you have to put the creatine in your socks if you want to get the full effect.

Only THEN will it be steroid-like.[/quote]

• balls soaked in fish oil for the ultimate stack.

She is actually pretty chubby, and old as well.

And no, creatine is not a steroid at all. It differs greatly in structure, as well as in effect. A steroid also can directly effect DNA synthesis. Creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid that simply is used as a storage sight for high energy phosphate bonds. In layman’s terms, they affect performance by very different mechanisms. Does anyone have anything productive to add to this convo please? I’d appreciate it much =)

Creatine is a steroid

[quote]Kaizen08 wrote:
She is actually pretty chubby, and old as well.

And no, creatine is not a steroid at all. It differs greatly in structure, as well as in effect. A steroid also can directly effect DNA synthesis. Creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid that simply is used as a storage sight for high energy phosphate bonds. In layman’s terms, they affect performance by very different mechanisms. Does anyone have anything productive to add to this convo please? I’d appreciate it much =)[/quote]

Everyone is fucking around with you bro.

We get this nonsense all the time, youll have to excuse us if were a little “jaded”.

Journal of the International Society
of Sports Nutrition ‘International Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: creatine
supplementation and exercise’
—> International Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: creatine supplementation and exercise | Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition | Full Text

also do a search for Dr Paul Greenhaff of Notts Trent University, arguably the worlds expert on anything Creatine related.

I don’t know … he took me out once, paid for dinner and was a complete gentleman, but he hasn’t called me back … i think he’s a total player

Did you put out?? lol

[quote]JCS19Y wrote:
I eat that sh*t for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
[/quote]

You eat Shit… for breakfast?

Does it matter? 90% of the people I’ve known who take creatine eat shit like Capn Crunch for breakfast, (if they eat breakfast at all) don’t sleep enough, drink too much, and train in ways that could generously be called “sub-optimal.”

Creatine is at best like a little extra horsepower in F1 racing. It may buy you a few tenths of a second, but shitty tires will cost you a second and a half, to say nothing of all the other variables. Whatever creatine does, it isn’t where the rubber meets the road, so to speak.

Thank you very much for a link to that article! Great read, will definitely show it to the fatass that kept going off on me in my face. (I don’t usually have a temper, but she just pushed me over the line).