What Do You Think About Surge?

Okay so here it is “I cant seem to stomache Surge recovery”. It is so sweet that even when I try to down it its rough. Does anyone have an idea to take the edge off of the sweet flavor? And is Surge recovery and pre-workout the same thing cause when I look in the store on T-Nation all I see is recovery?

Surge workout has not been released yet.

As for making Surge Recovery go down easier, make sure you use cold water. The colder the better. I actually throw a handful of ice cubes in my shaker.

Dilute it with more water - the colder the better. I started off using 20oz water instead of the recommended 16oz. If it’s really that bad, go up to 32oz. It shouldn’t be intolerable at that high dilution ratio.

[quote]jstines wrote:
Dilute it with more water - the colder the better. I started off using 20oz water instead of the recommended 16oz. If it’s really that bad, go up to 32oz. It shouldn’t be intolerable at that high dilution ratio. [/quote]

Ditto on this, especially if you’re new to Surge. When I started with it, I had to use around 30 ounces of water for 2-3 scoops. As I used it longer, and developed a taste for it (also after the new flavors came out), I’m using half as much water.

Also, it might not be ideal, but when I first began using Surge, I found that if I drank a bit less water during, so that I ended my training feeling thirsty, I’d devour the Surge afterwards, no matter the taste. It helped a bit.

Of course now, I can’t wait for the raspberry, root beer, or chocolate post-workout snack (actually, lately I’ve switched it to a during-workout snack, but whatever). It’s good times.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
jstines wrote:
Dilute it with more water - the colder the better. I started off using 20oz water instead of the recommended 16oz. If it’s really that bad, go up to 32oz. It shouldn’t be intolerable at that high dilution ratio.

Ditto on this, especially if you’re new to Surge. When I started with it, I had to use around 30 ounces of water for 2-3 scoops. As I used it longer, and developed a taste for it (also after the new flavors came out), I’m using half as much water.

Also, it might not be ideal, but when I first began using Surge, I found that if I drank a bit less water during, so that I ended my training feeling thirsty, I’d devour the Surge afterwards, no matter the taste. It helped a bit.

Of course now, I can’t wait for the raspberry, root beer, or chocolate post-workout snack (actually, lately I’ve switched it to a during-workout snack, but whatever). It’s good times.[/quote]

Good advice, I also put ice cubes in mine. If you are using original now consider one of the other flavors. If you are a chocolate fan, I pretty much guarantee you will like chocolate same goes for root beer.

D

As suggested, dilute.

I can’t fathom how people don’t like Surge, the chocolate is the best tasting stuff ever.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
As suggested, dilute.

I can’t fathom how people don’t like Surge, the chocolate is the best tasting stuff ever.[/quote]

I totally agree. I don’t understand when people write and say it tastes horrible. I bought 3 containers of it because I read it was the best flavor and I was hooked from the very first sip.

I like the original, chocolate, and root beer but the vanilla doesn’t do it for me.

Original Surge = liquid awesome

At first I found it crazy sweet, but now 3 scoops + 16oz water is heaven.

I prefer raspberry Surge. Making it cold helps but also mix some funagreek tea with it. Alone no one can stomach funagreek tea. tastes like dirt. But with Surge it is more palatable and takes the bite off of the Surge sweetness.

All this positive talk about the chocolate flavor is good to hear…I just ordered my first tub of it.

Im almost finished with my first tub of chocolate. Its also my first time trying Surge and this stuff is good. Cant wait for it after my workout.

Surge rocks all the balls. At first, I started using it because I would get super hungry during my workout. Water, gatorade, protein bars, granola, etc, nothing helped.

One scoop of Surge with 20oz of water, I could do two hours of karate technique/sparring/conditioning. Two scoops and I can handle two to three full-body, heavy weight training days on top of 8-10 hours of karate.

Absolutely changed the way I train and diet.

I started with original a few months ago and thought it was… okay. Tolerable. I thought it had a funny after-taste. For some reason I just kept with the original, sticking it out through 4 more tubs (because it WORKS) before I thought to try the others.

Next up was chocolate, thought it was unbelievably awesome. Not too sweet, no funny aftertaste. It actually tasted very close to normal chocolate milk for me.

After that I decided to try all the flavors. So far I’ve tried everything except Root Beer Float.

My thoughts in order of preference:

Chocolate - Perfect. Not too sweet. No funky after-taste. Tastes like regular chocolate milk to me.

Rasberry - A little too sweet but not as bad as vanilla. No funky after-taste. The rasberry flavoring tastes like real rasberries, doesn’t taste artificial.

Vanilla - Way too sweet but no funky after-taste which puts it above Original in preference.

Original - Not too sweet but the flavor doesn’t do it for me (I do NOT think it tastes like angel food cake). Also has a funky after-taste that I’m not too fond of.