What Do You Ride

Sold my 2001 Bandit 1200 a couple years ago (needed the money). Currently restoring a 1971 Triumph Daytona 500; also have a 1983 XS650 Heritage Special.

ain’t she sweet?
well, okay, so I don’t own it. But it’s the bike I wish I owned.
And I’m looking forward to Gojira’s pix. She does have some cool iron!

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
ain’t she sweet?
well, okay, so I don’t own it. But it’s the bike I wish I owned.
And I’m looking forward to Gojira’s pix. She does have some cool iron![/quote]

I am sweet, this is pure adrenaline rush! You have FANTASTIC taste.

TwistedLocal, the list of bikes you mention should include checking out one of the new Ninja ZX-6Rs. They’re amazing bikes. Swing by and give one a look. But all of them you listed would be a helluva lot of fun, no doubt.

I can’t wait for the warm weather so I can go for a ride…

never had a problem with the belt, have 50k up on the buell and no hassles, is geting close to replacement time and I think the belts cost about 300 US, its clean and quiet, harleys have had belts for a long time without any design fault coming through.

Mine is the 1200 with the blue headers, fits in with the jap crowd and the harley crowd, its good for stoplight drags as well, most other twins are easy meat, as for others can keep up with them until the top of second gear, enough for the stoplight drags.

I like the look, it is lean and low with a big chesty look to it, quiet enough to lurk with but also with that beautiful rumble when required.

Ah, miniross,… the Gates belts are way more reliable than a chain. One of the smart things Harley (and Buell)has done.

I don’t have a pic on this pc, but I’ve got a 2003 Honda CBR600RR sitting at home in the garage waiting for Tuesday (it’s supposed to be 76 degrees!).

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1111839307577.ride01a.jpg

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
rainjack wrote:
More chopper pics…More chopper pics!!!

Where’s Gojira at? She supposed to have like infinity of old bikes.
[/quote]

Been very busy protecting human health and the environment.

I’ve posted a couple of these before, but here goes. This is my 1940 Indian Sport Scout. She’s been stroked from 45 to 57 cubic inches. Tank shift, foot clutch, manual spark advance and of course ya gotta kick start it. And…magneto ignition. I’ll never get stranded by a bad battery. Check out the rear suspension…there ain’t none.

[quote]michaelv wrote:
TwistedLocal, the list of bikes you mention should include checking out one of the new Ninja ZX-6Rs. They’re amazing bikes. Swing by and give one a look. But all of them you listed would be a helluva lot of fun, no doubt.[/quote]

The new ZX6R is a great bike. I wanted one, but my wife talked me into a cruiser this time. I just put a down payment on a black BMW R1200C with Corbin bags.
My last bike was a ZX9R.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1111839627308.pan2.jpg

1965 Harley Panhead. Very pivotal year for Harley. Last year for the panhead engine, first year for the electric start. This pissed off a lot of the old guard who felt that in order to be able to ride you had to be able to kick start it.
This is my main ride as it has a luggage rack where I can put my gym bag.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1111839979444.71Ambo2.jpg

1971 Moto Guzzi Ambassador. 750 cc, four speed, shaft drive. No, that’s not the stock seat. I hate bench seats so we put this little solo seat on it for me.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1111840397520.741b_Left.jpg

Ahhh…the bumble bee. A 1941 Indian 741B. This is actually a military bike and everything that is yellow should be olive drab. However, we bought it out of New Zealand and it was this color, so we left it. And the stripes on the rear fender? My husband added those in honor of my masters thesis on nectar robbery and bumblebees. It’s a 30.50 cubic inch engine with a three speed tranny. A real dog on hills, but still fun as hell to ride. This is the bike that the war department asked Indian to build and that Harley refused to build.

nice stuff, gojira. Thanks!

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1111841098398.lavfair2.jpg

1973 Laverda SF. Most of you have probably never seen one of these. It’s an Italian sport bike. It’s a 750. Very fast(for it’s time). All you honda owners take a good look at the engine…look familiar?

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1111841385543.fullgar.jpg

My garage. Life is good.
O.K. I’ll stop here. I’ve already hijacked this thread enough.

[quote]gojira wrote:
Ahhh…the bumble bee. A 1941 Indian 741B. This is actually a military bike and everything that is yellow should be olive drab. However, we bought it out of New Zealand and it was this color, so we left it. And the stripes on the rear fender? My husband added those in honor of my masters thesis on nectar robbery and bumblebees. It’s a 30.50 cubic inch engine with a three speed tranny. A real dog on hills, but still fun as hell to ride. This is the bike that the war department asked Indian to build and that Harley refused to build. [/quote]

That is a cool bike!
If I remember right…Harley knew the bike would be underpowered for the size, and that’s why they didn’t build it, leading to a post war predjudice against Indians for being underpowered, yeah?

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:

That is a cool bike!
If I remember right…Harley knew the bike would be underpowered for the size, and that’s why they didn’t build it, leading to a post war predjudice against Indians for being underpowered, yeah?

[/quote]

You’re close. That state department told Harley if they didn’t build a 30.50 for them that they’d be out of the motorcycle business, to which Harley replied that if they did, they would definitely be out of the motorcycle business.
Actually, a lot of people are under the misconception that Harley put Indian out of business. Actually, Indian put Indian out of business. The mismanagement of the company began in the 20’s. By the end of WWII, they were only producing Chief’s and had dropped all other models. In the late 40’s they came out with a verticle twin to try to woo the european market. This effort was poorly executed and thought out. And their timing sucked. Had Indian survived into the sixies and attemped to produce a vertical at that time, they would have probably seen part of the market share that went to Honda.
Indian made a great bike and stuck with the side valve engines while Harley went the way of overhead valve engines (the Knucklehead). Indian made a very nice four cyclinder (God, would I love to have one) while Harley never went that way. It is interesting to compare the two companies as they were the two major U.S. motorcycle manufacturers. However, prior to the stock market crash there were a butt-load of other American motorcycle manufacturers. If you ever have an opportunity, go to one of the national AMCA (Antique Motorcycle Club of America) meets and you’ll not only see some of these more obscure brands, but folks are riding them around. Way cool.
http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/FlashFrDr/NewFrpage/fr_door.html

thanks for the link…that looks cool.

WOW! WOW!WOW!

Gojira can I be your best friend?..

: )

…does this woman rock or what! And you look great, too. Powerful Images of women on that Indian!