What Do You Really Need?

A book I read recently (some of you may recognize this and know which book I am talking about) talked about what men need. In his opinion, men need;

A battle to fight.
A beauty to fight for.
An adventure to live.
It got me to wondering…what do real men (T-men) really need?

My opinion, men need:

A heavy weight to lift (a challenge to overcome).
A beverage to drink, food to eat.
A woman to (well, you know).

Post yours here.

Money. Lots of money.

Define “need.”

If you’re talking about “need” as in what will make T-Men happy, I don’t think the T before the man matters much, and I don’t even think it even matters much to say “man.”

All human beings need food to eat, water to drink, shelter to stay warm, and people around them whom they love. For me, that’s friends, family, and a woman (to… you know). :wink:

[quote]danmaftei wrote:
Define “need.”

If you’re talking about “need” as in what will make T-Men happy, I don’t think the T before the man matters much, and I don’t even think it even matters much to say “man.”

All human beings need food to eat, water to drink, shelter to stay warm, and people around them whom they love. For me, that’s friends, family, and a woman (to… you know). ;)[/quote]

I HAVE to challenge myself or else life wouldn’t be happy for me.

Really? You honestly would not be happy given all those other assets if you would not be challenging yourself?

To what extent would you give up other assets in life for the ability to challenge yourself? What about challenging yourself mentally?

battle, beauty, adventure, that’s about right. Tests of faith, all of them…

For me it really comes down to a good woman. I am married for three years and I am driven by the need to be a good man for her. When you find someone who is so good as a person and a woman that they continually challenge who you are as a person and a man, then you have succedded in life…and you must continue to succeeed for fear of letting your woman down. I knows its geigh but my wife inspires me to be a better man.

[quote]Jimfound wrote:
For me it really comes down to a good woman. I am married for three years and I am driven by the need to be a good man for her. When you find someone who is so good as a person and a woman that they continually challenge who you are as a person and a man, then you have succedded in life…and you must continue to succeeed for fear of letting your woman down. I knows its geigh but my wife inspires me to be a better man.

[/quote]

what would be gay is if your husband inspired you to be a better man.

[quote]danmaftei wrote:
Really? You honestly would not be happy given all those other assets if you would not be challenging yourself?

To what extent would you give up other assets in life for the ability to challenge yourself? What about challenging yourself mentally?[/quote]

I give up stability, quality of relationships, and to an extent comfort from how I see it.

Right now I could be in college taking the easy street to a good upper management job where I boss people around after getting my 4-6 year degrees.

What am I doing? Taking part time courses at a local college while I play junior hockey working my balls off.

What’s the next step? I think I might end up almost going back to high school for a better oportunity to play hockey next year at a prep school.

I guess it’s what you see as a challege. I’m challenging myself to make the NHL right now.

what does a t-man really need?

vida guerra

—end thread—

articular cartilage