T Nation

What Do You Put on Bread?

I know many don’t eat bread, but for those who do what do you put on it? Normally I use pb, but I’ve been reading JB and realized I shouldn’t mix carbs with fat so looking for some new ideas

Meat

Some butter when I make toast.

Meat if I make a sandwich.

usually PB or butter.

i’m bulking right now, so it doesn’t hurt my goals

I use a canola based spread (no trans fats). I don’t care if I’m mixing carbs and fats for my little morning slice of bread when typically I don’t mix them. You could use a jam without added sugar too.

Marmite :smiley:

grilled ahi and tomato.

The carbs+fats isnt true, that would make a pb sandwich terrible and most eat them. Same with butter+toast.

Maybe with a high fat+simple/hi gi carbs it be bad but not foods with fiber,protein etc

An example could be ice cream, hi fat/hi carbs and sugar and nothin else = BAD

I don’t eat bread (low carb cutting phase)

I eat it plain =/

Turkey, cheddar cheese and tomato
Roast beef and “broccoli slaw” (shredded broccoli, shredded cauliflower, and shredded cabbage mixed in favorite sauce)
Ground Beef, sauteed onions and mushrooms
Cheese, tomato and spinach…

What can’t you put on bread? So versatile.

Laughing Cow Light Cheese spread

just put the PB on a cheeseburger and put that on the bread. Very tasty.

try hummus.

Anna

Ground Whore Meat.

No, really:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rfGjkScOZ0

Ahh now I’m confused, I was under the impression it was bad to mix carbs with fats, but most of you seem to be putting fat (pb, hummus, etc.) on your bread

[quote]bmitch wrote:
Ahh now I’m confused, I was under the impression it was bad to mix carbs with fats, but most of you seem to be putting fat (pb, hummus, etc.) on your bread[/quote]

It depends what your goals are and what works for you. The original JB plan was split them up, not more than like 10 - 15 g if combining both. This works, but is a pain in the ass. Also, you don’t have to be that strict most likely.

Whenever I eat bread, I put on some blueberry preserves, peanut butter, butter, strawberry jam, etc, just about anything. If it’s after breakfast, it’s meat and cheese.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
bmitch wrote:
Ahh now I’m confused, I was under the impression it was bad to mix carbs with fats, but most of you seem to be putting fat (pb, hummus, etc.) on your bread

It depends what your goals are and what works for you. The original JB plan was split them up, not more than like 10 - 15 g if combining both. This works, but is a pain in the ass. Also, you don’t have to be that strict most likely.

Whenever I eat bread, I put on some blueberry preserves, peanut butter, butter, strawberry jam, etc, just about anything. If it’s after breakfast, it’s meat and cheese.[/quote]

alright thanks, I think I’ll just keep it to one piece of bread, and then I don’t have to worry about what I put on it