What Do You Mix Your Creatine With?

most popular is grape juice for mono

[quote]thefatlineman wrote:
most popular is grape juice for mono
[/quote]
Sure, but that’s because of its high sugar content, not anything else

[quote]Drizzt wrote:
on edge wrote:
Dissolve it in hot water then add it to a high glycemic drink.

x2[/quote]

You guys actually take time to dissolve in hot water?
For real?? I doubt it will make any significant difference long term.

Water and Surge.

I’m still in da stone age; I mix mines wif grape juice; might be bad becuz it cant be metabulized in da liva propaly so dat ma mussels soak up all da nutriments.

Blood.

… Or, Gatorade.

Training Days:

Pre - 5g Creatine/5g BCAAs/Half Packet Crystal Light
Post - 5g Creatine/5g BCAAs/5g Leucine/Half Packet Crystal Light right before my PWO Meal

I just scoop it into my mouth then take a swig of water.

. . . .But I might switch to SteelyD’s blood idea.

Everyone here should read the creatine article as it covers much of the info. I mix mine with hot green tea making sure it is fully mixed.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
take kre alkalyn instead.

Better yet, don’t.[/quote]

So What, good stuff or bad? The pills are convenient, I take mine with water 2 before and 2 after my training. I feel great.

creatine has a good solubility. Just get micronized and throw it in some protein and carbs, like Surge Recovery (between 20 and 100 grams of carbs depending on your goals & size). The protein, leucine, and carbs in Surge Recovery will boost insulin increasing the “absorption” of the creatine.

I take 3-5 grams of creatine in pre and post workout shakes (1 serving of Surge each). Timing of creatine getting into the blood stream and insulin boost is less of an issue this way.

On off days, take it with your highest carb meal, i.e. morning oatmeal and a protein shake.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
I just scoop it into my mouth then take a swig of water.

. . . .But I might switch to SteelyD’s blood idea.[/quote]

That’s a good approach for taking piracetam too.

[quote]yusef wrote:
Is it not really necessary to have creatine mono with fruitjuice then? Does it necessarily have to be fructose for the molecules to latch on to, or could you just mix it in a post workout shake with dextrose etc. for the same effect?

x[/quote]

Creatine monohydrate is water soluble. No sugar necessary for the molecules to latch on to. You can experience the majority of the efficacy from creatine by just taking it with water.

There is some synergism between increased insulin and creatine monohydrate via coadministration of insulin potentiators like ALA, 4-Hydroxyisoluecine, and Chromium, and or glucose/whey mixtures like Surge). **IMO, the majority of the effectiveness of Creatine Monohydate can be experienced w/o insulin increases, however, due to timeing periworkout nutition dictates the need/rationale for the coadministation.

I mix it with my socks.

I cut mine with inositol and snort it.

[quote]OldGuy67 wrote:
I cut mine with inositol and snort it. [/quote]

wow what are the odd!! I do the same thing!!