T Nation

What Do You Mix Surge With?

Is Surge strictly with water? Can I put it in milk or a shake with milk/bananas/cottage cheese?
Can’t imagine how it could possibly taste like “angel foodcake” if it’s powdered water…

I mix it with Green Tea.

Mix it with water or like above said Tea.

Adding things will just srews up a good thing by changing the macros and how it is digested, FAST

water. I’ve never thought of tea.

Have you tried it? It tastes AWESOME with just very cold water. You need to dilute it more than they say I find though.

Jim Beam and/or Breast Milk

[quote]Dezz wrote:
Jim Beam and/or Breast Milk[/quote]

You too!

[quote]muscleshark wrote:
Is Surge strictly with water? Can I put it in milk or a shake with milk/bananas/cottage cheese?
Can’t imagine how it could possibly taste like “angel foodcake” if it’s powdered water…[/quote]

It does… when i first tried Surge (with water) i was like, i cant put my finger on that taste… my wife took a sip and said angel food cake…

I said yup. that’s it…
so it does indeed taste a bit like angel food when you just add water.

i mix creatine in mine and water for a PWO drink

I use ice water. I agree it does take a little more than recommended to fully dissolve. That could be a function of temperature, but I am not sure.

I had the same question, due to my schedule I need my PWO shake to have alot more cals than that. So can I mix it with 1-2c milk and 2 bananas?

Of course you can, but what everyone is saying is that its not optimal. You can mix it with just about anything, but Surge was created to be a sand-alone PWO shake, as it is meant to be digested quickly. Anything else just lessens the effectiveness by inhibiting it from being digested as fast.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
I had the same question, due to my schedule I need my PWO shake to have alot more cals than that. So can I mix it with 1-2c milk and 2 bananas?[/quote]

I think this would be a mistake. As has been stated repeatedly, Surge is specially formulated to replenish the muscles quickly after exercise. In my opinion, if you are just going to start adding milk and bananas, don’t waste the money on Surge.

Why not down the Surge like everyone else does–just water and maybe some creatine–then, about 45 min. later, have a banana and milk? It seems to me that you could only benefit from having a quick release protein/carb mixture like Surge, then stacking a slower digesting protein/carb meal (banana and milk) soon after.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
I had the same question, due to my schedule I need my PWO shake to have alot more cals than that. So can I mix it with 1-2c milk and 2 bananas?[/quote]

I guess you could- as long as its .9 of a bannana.

Cold water and 5 grams of micronized creatine.

I use cold water too. Has anyone noticed a bitter taste sometimes with Surge?

1/2 cup of vodka.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
1/2 cup of vodka.[/quote]

Definitely. This will be published later in “Russian Super Secret Supplements Vol. 4” but I’ll go ahead and tell you guys that this is what the Emilianenko brothers are currently doing. Don’t tell anyone else though.

Wow, I never thought of mixing it with anything other than water. Wouldn’t that kind of miss the point of it being formulated to be exactly what you’d want in a post workout drink?

I do know that when I miss Surge, my DOMS is far more than I would experience with just some fruit juice and whey protein.

I’ve never been grossed out by the taste of Surge. The price is reasonable too.

i mix in a little more whey ~15g or so and about 20g more malto. so it’s like i’m having 40p/70C.