What Do You Listen To?

Yo I know this is a complete random question but I was just curious what music the majority of you train to…for me :
ACDC, R.A.T.M, The Killers.

Is there anyone training to the likes of ABBA or WHAM or even Bette Midler…maybe not.

mostly Sick of It All . There are a few Deftones songs and a few rap songs thrown in for variety, but 75% of my MP3 player is SOIA.

korn,hatebreed,deftones…and a little bit of britney during the cool down

Pink Floyd

wasn’t there a thread about this two weeks ago? whatever. death metal, black metal, or black/death metal for me.

Try tunes with minimal or no lyrics, as they are distracting. I mean, come on, I don’t need someone elses ideas running through my head. Try tunes with consistent upbeat rhythms void of bullshit. Basically, this means house and trance music. 130 BPM b!tches.

Note: old school classic rock / heavy metal is acceptable (metallica, zeppelin) because I said so

BFG

I usually go with the tried and true music of weightlifting: Metal, but an old favorite of mine is Rancid’s And Out Come the Wolves. I’m not sure how old that album is (maybe 10 years?), but it gets better the more I listen to it.

I recently came across another song on chronixradio.com that I really like. It’s slower but still keeps me pumped. It’s called “Last Resort” by Sub Dub Micromachine. As a warning, the rest of their album didn’t impress me so I would definately try before you buy.

[quote]Nick H wrote:
I usually go with the tried and true music of weightlifting: Metal, but an old favorite of mine is Rancid’s And Out Come the Wolves. I’m not sure how old that album is (maybe 10 years?), but it gets better the more I listen to it.

quote]

Rancid’s good…specifically the first 2 albums (self titled and Let’s Go).

Rage Against the Machine
the Local classic rock station
Frank Black

I guess anything but smooth jazz.

Trance/techno, Im a non conformist?
It keeps my spirits uplifted enough to want to continue even when the going gets tough. And most has no vocals or very little. Nothing distracting.

bleeding through, soilwork, in-flames, rammstein, american head charge, clay aitken.

a good mix of hardcore gets me through most days… Cro-Mags, Sick of It All, Supertouch, and the Bad Brains have been on recent rotation.

Linkin Park preferably.
Or nothin’ but the clank & grunts of fellow lifters.
More likely Crap Rap that some other guy has playing before I got there.

Dax

I listen to Metallica, Primus, Ministry, Nitzer Ebb

Industrial is great for powerlifting.

Love my grunge:- Sonic Youth, Alice in Chains, Dinosaur Jr, Nirvana, Pumpkins

Tool, A Perfect Circle & Pixies are excellent (goes without saying really)

And bring on the new Nine Inch Nails album!

My favorite work out cd’s that I can play end to end with no weak tunes are as follows…

AC/DC- Powerage
AC/DC -If you want blood
Iron Maiden- Live after death
Iron Maiden- Killers
Iron Maiden- the # of the beast
Anthrax- Music of Mass Destruction
Anthrax- Sound of White Noise
Less than Jake-Hello Rockview
Less than Jake-Borders and Boundaries
Pantera- vulgar display of power
Van Halen - Fair warning
Van Halen- Women and Children 1st
David lee Roth- Eat 'em and Smile

[quote]battlelust wrote:
wasn’t there a thread about this two weeks ago? [/quote]

I think there’s a new thread for this about every two weeks… not a problem; glad music is such an important part of everyone’s training. Maybe we should just do a “What’s currently in your cd player?” thread when we start these since no one uses the same ones. There must be like 15 of them…

And since I’m here, right now I am listening to:
Misery Signals
ASA
Strapping Young Lad
Norma Jean
Bury Your Dead

For me, it’s not always about the loudest music, but the songs that keep me going on those days when my body just doesn’t want to cooperate.

Shinedown
A Perfect Circle
Godsmack
Deftones
Creed
Marilyn Manson
System of a Down
GnR

Bleeding Through, As I Lay Dying, Throwdown, Eighteen Visions, Pantera, Atreyu (some songs), It Dies Today, Unearth, Lamb of God, All Shall Perish, Remembering Never, Killswitch Engage, Hilary Duff (If it’s over, let it go and, come tomorrow it will seem SO YESTERDAY, SO YESTERDAY, I’m just a bird that’s already flown away).