What do you LIKE about your gym?

I actually dislike very few things about my gym. The music sucks, wall to wall mirrors are at times distracting and that’s really about it. The equipment is top notch Ivanko. Dumbells go up to 200 lbs. There are 6 benchpress benches. 2 power racks and I can always have access to one. Heaps upon heaps of 45s. Every imaginable leg press and hammer machine to keep the bottom feeders occupied while I do my thing. No aerobics classes, only very cool martial arts (Mu Tai sp?, Judo, Kenpo, Jeet-Kun-Do) which are very interesting to watch between excercizes. On Saturday I go to a grungy University track centre where I use their glute ham raise and reverse hyper. In all, as far as the equipment is concerned, I have no excuses.

It’s got everything you need (including three squat racks and a power rack), and nothing you don’t - enough machines, etc. for some variety and the occasional beach work, but not enough to attract the crowd that only does light stuff. (The total lack of amenities like juice bars, decent carpeting, etc. and the duct tape holding some of the pads together also drives off the pretty-boy social-club crowd.) There are enough mirrors so you can check your form if you want to, but not enough to be distracting. There’s a few basic cardio machines to warm up with and get in some cardio if you want to (I do mine at home), but no classes at all. The only drawback to that is a very poor T-dude to T-vixen ratio, but even that’s an advantage in a way - less temptation to stop concentrating on your workout or show off. The crowd is a good mix of bodybuilders, powerlifters (chalk? sure!), and guys who just want to get in shape. You aren’t constantly tripping over personal trainers - there are only a couple and they’re cool and don’t try to push you to hire them all the time (one reason why I changed gyms once in Tampa was because a PT wouldn’t take “no, and leave me the hell alone” for an answer.) In short, it’s a dump and that’s the way I like it. If it ever closes (and I can’t figure out how the owner stays in business), I’ll probably have to set up a home gym.

Alright mate, wheres this ‘fitness centre’ with fit birds, im near the city too. Not planning on joining but a look wouldnt hurt:-) My gyms full of big ugly cunts. Cheers, Chris. By the way, I think we may get MAG-10 for December according to Cyberflex.

My gym has something no one else has mentioned: a posing room. They also have DB’s up to 200 pounds and a corner reserved for powerlifting and Olympic lifting.

Fair enough, its in Bristol - called the David LLoyd centre, in long ashton- Rammed full of young ladies, and quite a few attractive students, as most are at bristol university and pretty much all of them are minted, there are a few big guys there, but the layout it set out in such a way that there is a dedicated free weights floor, but the atmosphere is pretty fun, bar the shite music. And Chris, I was going to order some Mag-10 from the states, but are cyberflex getting some too - what are you going to do?