What Do You Guys Foresee as the "New Norms"?

Soooo…Sixx ODs on heroin. Paramedics are called, he’s declared legally dead, and they try the old Pulp Fiction adrenaline shot and he wakes up.

The GNR drummer disputes the story, but I buy Nikki’s version. No reason to trust the GNR story.

1 Like

COVID economics for Bands:

Most people don’t realize that even when these “classic” bands like many of you have mentioned “promote their own Tour”; it is now mostly through, and by, the large, International, corporate promoters. (Yes…there are still some local and regional promoters; but it is hard for them to put together a big, international package).

I would imagine that they are following this whole Pandemic very closely, especially as it relates to laws and restrictions.

1 Like

Speaking of Motley Crue, they made on of my 10/10 songs:

1 Like

No doubt. Their live version at Rock in Rio isy absolute favorite version of that song. Unbelievable.

Number of the Beast as a track in almost unrivaled, but Although I love the album as a whole, I definitely recognize it has its weaknesses.

Let’s be honest, Maiden really don’t have a weak album until the late '90s.

1 Like

Alas, they haven’t been able to tell their arse from their elbow since.

Priest on the other hand…

1 Like

I’m not privy to the specifics or anything, but I absolutely believe this. Streaming was one thing that really hurt classic bands in their ability to promote their music as a whole album by album. But I think this will be much worse in general… I have a couple of buddies who are in Austin Texas and are session/touring musicians. They are really feeling it.

Maybe, but their live performances are still the stuff of legends even in their mid-60s. I’ve seen them twice and I hope to see them a couple more times before they kick it.

1 Like

Their recent tour was spectacular. Genuinely, when they aren’t shilling an album, they put on a fucking stupendous show.

1 Like

To this day I have never seen a band in their twenties put on a show with as much energy as those old guys in their sixties lol

1 Like

I may have to pour up a maker’s and spin some tunes.
Have to be careful at my age :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No word of a lie, they had 12 costume and stage scenery changes in an hour last year when I saw them. It was incredible.

2 Likes

Rock on, Treco. Rock. On.

1 Like

Definitely didn’t see this as a music thread. Haha. Music needs a radical shift. I like the approach Blake Shelton took with a bunch of singles. With streaming services now, artists producing a few good songs is better than al album of ok songs, with 1 good one.

More on topic:

This pandemic should illuminate the issues with large cities, public transportation and ‘shared community’ living. I think people might shift back towards personal property.

1 Like

I saw Anthrax open for Killswitch Engage. What a weird mix of metal heads at that show.

2 Likes

Yeah that was bizarre. I was there for that tour and a couple years later for anthrax opening for Volbeat. Poor Volbeat pop metal fans didn’t have the first idea what do do with a real mosh pit :joy:

What about Sabbath and Budgie? You could even throw in Deep Purple.

It fits in, @dchris! (Sorta…!)

Seriously…large events like concerts and Sports (especially Football) are areas that I am sure many are thinking about; but there just appears to be no clear consensus on how they are going to be approached.

You brought up another one; public Transportation (especially spaces like subways).

Again, all I can see is some form of risk stratification, at which point people make their choices (at least in the short term). I think the big cities like New York will be test cases for the World, quite frankly.

One more thing about Big College football. They should be moving right along in their preparation, with Spring Games being completed. At this point, it is unclear if schools will even be open.

Stay tuned.

1 Like

My tally is six concerts through the years and Bruce’s speaking tour.

Got hold of my first IM shirt at 13.

2 Likes

Agree.

I think people will certainly be watching what the SEC and Notre Dame do.(In terms of Football).

1 Like

Had some Maker’s last night - see, we’re not so different, you and I. :wink:

(Not an old-school metalhead, though.)

1 Like