T Nation

What Do You Feed Your Dog

I recently read that a article where TC wrote that he feeds his dog high quality food, and I thought I did too until i noticed that the brand of food i was buying (nutro) had their “wetfood” on the list of dog food companies using the shitty chinese ingredients. So what do you health nuts feed your four legged friends to keep em healthy?

Purina one

Innova Evo (Red Meat Formula)

She also gets fish oil daily.

Science Diet.

Both of my dogs are hunting dogs and have boundless energy.

I feed my mutts two different foods but both of them are completely grainless. Grains aren’t a part of the dogs natural diet.

I feed Innova EVO and Solid Gold Barking at the Moon.

Both are also high protein foods that you shouldn’t feed to dogs under 1.5 years old.

Here is a great website that breaks down all the different types of dog foods and rates them.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

raw diet

gunpowder

I feed my dog whatever I am eating that day.
Chicken, Tuna, eggs, steak, bison, etc.
It only costs an extra 3 - 4 dollars a day for a good friend to eat well.

I think fish is his favorite though…especially scallops.
Cheers.
Mepacho

[quote]mepacho wrote:
I feed my dog whatever I am eating that day.
Chicken, Tuna, eggs, steak, bison, etc.
It only costs an extra 3 - 4 dollars a day for a good friend to eat well.

I think fish is his favorite though…especially scallops.
Cheers.
Mepacho[/quote]

I’ve thought about starting to feed my dogs that way too. Seems like it would be great for them!

I’ve made some of my own since the canned food scare:
Chicken Thighs (skinless)
Broccoli
Brown Rice
Cooked per specs and combined in food processor. They love the SHIT out of it.

Organic Dick Van Patten Natural Balance.

Nutro is actually a very good brand of dog food. No one expected this Chinese shit to happen. Tylenol is a good brand, too. Sometimes, shit just happens:

Once I get home, I’ll probably start feeding her whatever it is that today’s Powerful Image is eating. Wow.

[quote]j62usa wrote:
I recently read that a article where TC wrote that he feeds his dog high quality food, and I thought I did too until i noticed that the brand of food i was buying (nutro) had their “wetfood” on the list of dog food companies using the shitty chinese ingredients. So what do you health nuts feed your four legged friends to keep em healthy?[/quote]

my lab has been eating nutro for years, and his particular brand of dry food was not affected. I dont know that this incident is really indicative of any one particular brands QC. Menu foods made tons of different brands. Factor in the supply logistics and various manufacturing facilities etc involved on that kind of scale and things like this happen.

Same thing couldve and still could happen to Nestle (who makes purina, alpo, etc)or any other manufacturer. While I’m sure menu foods brands lost customers, by switching to any other big brand you are still at the same risk as before frankly.

It would probably be wiser to stay on board with a menu foods brand because now they probably meet and exceed by far all current QC procedures in place. I also could be totally wrong about this, but thats what my limited research came up with at the time.

[quote]j62usa wrote:
I recently read that a article where TC wrote that he feeds his dog high quality food, and I thought I did too until i noticed that the brand of food i was buying (nutro) had their “wetfood” on the list of dog food companies using the shitty chinese ingredients. So what do you health nuts feed your four legged friends to keep em healthy?[/quote]

Wow, where do I start.

My dogs eat the following foods every day:

Basic mix (home made):
–Either ahi, chicken, turkey, beef, lamb or salmon(rotated daily)
–barley or brown rice (rotated)
–spinach, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, broccoli, caulfiloer, brussels sprouts, garlic, apples, pumpkin, tomatoes
–ground walnuts, almonds, or cashews

Last feeding: Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, organic peanut butter, yogurt, flax meal wth glucosamine and chondritin, and REZ-V

Biscuits (home made):
Ground turkey, blueberries, carrots, peas, whole wheat flour, oatmeal, flax seed, eggs.

Snacks-Dehydrated chicken breasts (home made)

Supplments: Flax/borage oil, Flameout

I think that’s most of it.

[quote]TC wrote:
My dogs eat the following foods every day:

…Last feeding: Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, organic peanut butter, yogurt, flax meal wth glucosamine and chondritin, and REZ-V

[/quote]

You’re kidding, right?

That’s awesome! Seriously, all that?

[quote]rsg wrote:
TC wrote:
My dogs eat the following foods every day:

…Last feeding: Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, organic peanut butter, yogurt, flax meal wth glucosamine and chondritin, and REZ-V

You’re kidding, right?

That’s awesome! Seriously, all that?[/quote]

I’m not kidding at all. Of course, the basic mix and the biscuits are cooked up in big batches and then frozen in individual portions.

[quote]TC wrote:
rsg wrote:
TC wrote:
My dogs eat the following foods every day:

…Last feeding: Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, organic peanut butter, yogurt, flax meal wth glucosamine and chondritin, and REZ-V

You’re kidding, right?

That’s awesome! Seriously, all that?

I’m not kidding at all. Of course, the basic mix and the biscuits are cooked up in big batches and then frozen in individual portions.

[/quote]

…your dogs eat better than I do.

Natural Balance.

Don’t feed them Beneful, someone should look at the ingredient list on that thing.

TC: I don’t see any cheese on that list. Any reason why you don’t feed your dog cheese?

neighborhood cats.