What Do You Eat On Your Cheat Day?

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Wait, so am I the only person who takes slightly larger portions of the food they always eat and calls it their ‘cheat’ meal?

[/quote]

Worst cheat ever :stuck_out_tongue:

I just have anything I don’t have to prep (or clean up). I like the break from prep as much as anything.

Post legs I do:

1 home made hamburger ( GF bun+minute steak+egg+bacon+caramelised onion+cheese+tomatoe+lettuce+relish+dijon mustard)
Sweet potato fries
Bag of puffed chips (low fat lol)
Box of GF honey bite chic chip mini cookies
500ml ice cream
Some chocolate

THIS was typical RIGHT up to contest day :wink:

BUT I went about 17 weeks clean before introducing a weekly cheat as my metabolism slowed down…The VERY first cheat was just the burger, fries and a brownie then each week I got leaner and leaner, my stomach was also able to handle more food and body more calls I added more.

I am post contest now and this is a weekly refeed for me and I am staying lean, hard and gaining lean tissue…mind you the rest of the week is STRICT!

GJ

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Velvet Elvis wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
The correct answer is pizza then ice cream.[/quote]

^ this ^

• beer
    [/quote]

But …but …but beer’s not bad![/quote]

Agreed … But when you’re washing it all down with 8-12, I think it falls in the “cheat” realm

And probably the realm of a 12 step program …

I have no cheat day,or rather everyday is my cheat day

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Wait, so am I the only person who takes slightly larger portions of the food they always eat and calls it their ‘cheat’ meal?

[/quote]

That’s called “overfeeding” I think.

I wouldn’t consider that a cheat meal. Unless it was an abnormally huge amount of ‘clean’ food.

I think that if someone has some specific physique goal and they don’t reach it by their deadline the fact that they may have had more broccoli and chicken with brown rice than usual once a week would not be what held them back from their goal.

The same thing with diets that omit fruit. If I eat stricyly for a long amount of time and am still out of shape there will be no tearing out of hair and gnashing of teeth while I cry “Why Lord why did I eat those blueberries?!?!”

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
I prefer to call it a “free” meal, as the word cheat associates negative feelings, and guilt should never be associated with food [/quote]

so very true

To me cheat day is what it means eat everything and I mean everything under the sun or what your heart desires. That is why there is a cheat day in every ones routine so the body does not go into any plateau effect.