What Do You Eat on a Regular Day?

What do you eat on a regular day? Very curious to know

1 Like

BREAKFAST (every single day)
6 whole eggs, hard boiled
1/2 cup, dry measured, steel cut oats
In a cold press juicer: 2.5 cups Kale, 1 orange, 1 apple, 3 carrots, 2 stalks celery
6g fish oil

Thoughtout the day:

• 2 x 50g protein shakes or beef or 2 large chicken breasts
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of rice or potato

DINNER

• Whatever the hell I want. Can be burritos, pizza, steak, stir fry, thai food, mexican, sandwich, burger, etcetera. I easily down 1500 calories at dinner time.

I have found this works for me. I stay around 15% body fat like this and have tons of energy and good strength in the gym. I train directly after breakfast, so the rest of the day the protein and quick carbs keep me functioning, and I look forward to dinner all day which makes it a very nice enjoyable time for me. I only drink water, coffee, and beer. I don’t force myself to do any of this, it is how I like to live. I’m 32 yrs old, if that correlates for anyone.

EDIT: I am 5’9", 185 lbs, I train for general strength, performance and conditioning.

2 Likes

on lifting days

Peri-workout is Mag-10, Plazma

1st meal after is a good amount of Greek yogurt, blueberries, walnuts, dark chocolate, broccoli for a vegetable

More Mag-10

2nd meal is half pound of grass-fed meat, ~2 cups of rice, spinach for a vegetable

3rd meal is 2.5 scoops Metabolice Drive, 2 medium bananas, 1 tbsp coconut oil

On off / active recovery days

1st meal is 4 eggs, Kerrygold butter

2nd meal is canned salmon, brown rice, coconut oil, broccoli

snack of an apple, 1/4 cup cashews or other nut

3rd meal is 6-8 oz grass-fed bunless burger with fixings, some avocado

4th meal is 6 oz pork cutlet, good amount of bacon, some black beans

Mine is super boring but it serves a purpose:

Meal 1: Meat, rice, veg
Meal 2: Meat, rice, veg, fruit
Meal 3: Meat, rice, veg
Meal 4: Meat, rice, veg, sauerkraut

The meat is usually either ground beef, turkey or lamb because it’s cheap and easy to throw tons of veg into.

I use fatty beef/lamb and add olive oil to the turkey. Each meal is about 1000 calories.

Works out to about 200g protein, 350g carbs, 150g fat. Making one last ditch to add some serious size this year so may up my carbs to 450g or so. Don’t see any need to up the protein or fat.

1 Like

Interesting post, I will keep following it up

On a lifting day

0445: Wake up, bowl of instant oatmeal in skim milk
0605: Post training meal, Poptart and 2 scoops of whey in skim milk
0800: Zero carb rockstar, 9 heaping teaspoons of non-fat greek yogurt mixed with protein powder
0930: Serving of mixed nuts
1200: 10-16oz of meat, broccoli
1300: 2 quest bars
1630: 10-16oz of meat, broccoli
1630: Tablespoon of natural PB

Fluids include full gallon of water, lots of diet coke, and crystal lite

1 Like

Wake up- Half a PP&J
Cardio
Breakfast- Greek Yogurt, 6 whole eggs, oatmeal
Snack- 2 whole eggs, or trail mix
Lunch- Meat and rice, Spinage salad
Dinner- Chicken, rice, salad.
Train
Banana, Whey shake.
Before bed- Casin shake, PP&J

We had one of these threads before, and I thought a useful suggestion would be that we provide a one-sentence summary of our size/goals knowing that a “good” diet is quite variable because we’re all a little different in that regard.

I’m 5’11" / 210 pounds, with a primary goal of strength, most of my workouts of the high-weight, low-rep variety, with a smattering of kettlebell work and a weekly yoga class.

6 AM - coffee
7 AM - workout
8 AM - breakfast smoothie: whole milk, spinach, berries, protein powder, creatine
12 PM - lunch: usually a spinach salad with chicken, dried cranberries, other veggies
6 PM - dinner: meat + vegetables. My fiancee and I usually select-a-protein (steak / salmon / swordfish / shrimp) and then build a meal around that.
9 PM - snack: bowl of frozen berries with some whole milk

2 Likes

Yep, that was a good thread and giving the info is still a good call. Just seeing the food is neat, but context like size and training makes it more relevant.

6’2", 210, lifting followed by brief cardio 2-3 days a week. Recent goal has been “train outside in the backyard a few days a week.” Groundbreaking, yes.

60-90 minutes after waking-up - 32oz coffee with Splenda, 1 piece of fruit.

1-2 hours later, breakfast - 4 whole eggs, bowl of vegetables (usually a Normandy blend w/ broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots). If training later, also a bagel, potato, or 2 slices whole-grain toast

3-4 hours later, lunch - Dinner leftovers, bowl of salad.

2-3 hours later, training - Workout nutrition

2-3 hours later, dinner - Meat, greens, carb (potato, rice, quinoa, pasta, etc.)

3-4 hours later, before bed - 2 scoops Metabolic Drive in water with 1/2 tsp cinnamon or 1 scoop Superfood.

1 Like

6’2", 205, train 3 times a week on a Defranco program at the gym, train BJJ 2-3 times a week for fun, and occasionally go for a run/sprint 1-2 times a week if time permits. I practice intermittent fasting(16/8) for convenience and it allows my meals to be bigger.

Weekdays:
11:30am: 4-5 jumbo boiled eggs, 50 grams of smoked salmon and either saukraut or pickles.

1:00pm: snack on vegetables and hummus dip.

3:30pm: some meat(usually from dinner the night before) and an ounce of nuts. Sometimes I include some greek yoghurt with a large spoonful of protein powder.

5:30pm: piece of fruit, and a 1-2 tablespoon of peanut butter. (pre-workout snack).

7:00pm: Dinner usually consists of lots of meat(beef, chicken, fish, pork, lamb) and vegetables. Occasionally I have some sweet potato or rice, but usually my dinner is pretty low carb.

On weekends I try and keep to a similar schedule but I allow myself some extra carbs, and 1-2 healthier “cheat” meals such as homemade volumised pizza.

tweet

With this sentiment, I’ll note that my diet is posted as a 5’9, 195lb strongman competitor returning from surgery. I got the all clear a month ago and am firing on all cylinders again. Trying to maintain my weight.

5’4, 150lbs, bodybuilding, training 6x per week. In the off season now so my diet has changed recently, here’s the most current.

8am - coffee with a dash of MD Protein on the bottom before pouring (mixes best this way), 1 stevia packet and unsweetened almond milk

9-9:30am - Breakfast
Carb Breakfast - 2 servings of FlapJacked protein pancakes, or 1 cup egg whites and oatmeal
P+F Breakfast - 3 whole eggs from the farm, 3-4 pieces farm raised bacon and veggies
I switch back and forth just based on what I want, in the off season now so it’s very enjoyable to have the freedom to choose. If it’s a leg day or chest/back day I’ll always have carbs all day.

11:30 - Lowery’s “Lab Rabbit” cookies. Been really into these lately they’re amazing!
1 cup gluten free oats
2TBSP Peanut Butter, 2TBSP Almond Butter
3 Scoops MD Protein
3-4oz unsweetened almond milk
Mix it all together. Makes about 12 cookies at 100 calories per cookie. I’ll usually have 4 for a meal.

2:00 - Finibars, usually one but sometimes one and a half or two
3:00 - 1.5 to 2 scoops Plazma, Train

6:00 - 6oz meat, veggies, 1 cup rice or sweet potato
Meat is either chicken breast, grass fed beef or steak, or farm raised pork chop. Veggies are usually a mix of broccoli, peppers, onions, mushrooms.

9:00 - 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop MD Protein, 1TBSP Peanut Butter all mixed together, OR put in the Vitamin with a bunch of ice to make some amazing protein ice cream.

6’00" 270lbs

Goal is drop fat and preserve strength. Over 40 pounds dropped since November with no decrease in strength. I don’t count calories, measure food or meal plan beyond making large quantities of meat and vegetables and eating them when I’m hungry.

Typical lifting day:

0745 Coffee. Lots of it
Mid-morning: 1 scoop protein in water
1200 8-12 oz meat, big pile of veggies
Mid-afternoon: 1 scoop protein in water. Nuts if I’m eating really lean meat or if I feel like eating some nuts.
1730 2 scoops Plazma
1900 8-12 oz meat, big pile of veggies
22:00 2-3 scoops protein in water

A few times a week I’ll eat a half dozen eggs with spinach for lunch instead of meat. I do everything full-fat. Butter, coconut oil, and olive oils are used liberally.

1 Like

Non training days

45 grams of protein x 5 meals
10 grams of fat x 5 meals
No Carbs

Training days
45 grams of protein x 5 meals
10 grams of fat x 5 meals
30 grams of carbs meals 2-5

Pre workout shake of 50g pro, 15 fat, 34 carbs ( 2 scoops protein, 1 tbsp PB, 1/2 cup oatmeal flour
Intra workout ( 2 scoops of plazma )
Post workout 50g of protein, 51 grams of carbs. ( 2 scoops protein, 3 rice krispy treats )

My carbs are generally red potatoes, sweet potatoes, and cinnamon raisin bread ( nom nom )
Protein is beef or chicken.
Fats are olive oil, butter, PB, or coconut oil.

5’4" 121 lbs. Training to gain strength and size. Don’t eat the same thing everyday but today was…

Coffee,
Protein with creatine
Coffee
Water to take amino acids
After workout
More coffee with sugar and cream this time.
2 large plates of ground beef with ranch style beans and rice
2 quarts of gatorade
12 oz Tru Moo 25g protein chocolate milk
Large turkey sausage sandwich
1/2 gallon of sweet tea
A large bowl of homemade banana pudding
Some watermelon
More water.
Will finish off the rest of the meat/bean/rice before bed
And another coffee, possibly with Chilla (cinnamon rum)in it. 3800+calories, burned 2500+, still 1200 short of my goal for the day.

how often do y’all cheat on your diets?

My cheat day now is taking a break from eating. Fuck I hate eating.

3 Likes

it’s not the eating that bugs me, although it is a bitch, it’s the fucking meal prep.

SO much tupperware!

But yeah, I’m actually totally the same in that when I cheat I usually end up eating less

1 Like

I can deal with prep - washing gets me though.

I’m not uber-strict to begin with (although this is all a matter of degree, I guess; to most of my friends I am some caveman because I tend to decline pasta and pizza in favor of steak and vegetables), but I’d say that I “cheat” (or deviate from my normal diet listed above) once every couple of weeks, typically only at weddings or other social events. However, if you include drinking a glass or two of wine with dinner as “cheating” then I cheat more like 2-3 times per week.