What Do You Drink?

I love diet soda and drink many cans a day. Lately, I have been feeling sluggish and bloated and fear that the artificial sweeteners/carbonation is the problem. What are some good natural alternatives? I tried drinking zero calorie drink mixes like MIO and Crystal Light but, something in it gives me an upset stomach.

I drink a lot of water but, I cannot drink it with meals it is to bland and the back wash you get grosses me out.

Are there any fruit/herbal teas that actually taste as good as they smell? Most smell great but, taste like hot water. I tried a fruit berry tea a while back that tasted amazing but, it was meant as a mild laxative (it had senna).

Good quality green tea.

Ideally, find a high quality tea shop, pick a couple of teas that smell right to you, get samples and a brewing kit and try them. Then pick the ones you like best. Most of the crap you buy in regular stores is hardly worth the space on the shelf.

B.

water

Personally, coffee (every few days), milk (lots, daily) and gatorade. I rarely drink sodas these days; maybe one a month.

Water, for completely unknown reasons, doesn’t agree with me and makes my stomach upset. But koolaid powder, gatorade powder, tea, whatever I add to it… then it’s fine.

Water, protein shakes with water, pre workout with water,

Try to avoid drinking with meals, it dilutes the stomach acid and does not foster optimal digestion.

[quote]Jbott1988 wrote:

Try to avoid drinking with meals, it dilutes the stomach acid and does not foster optimal digestion.[/quote]

really? i always thought you were supposed to drink something (water) while eating so that it would help with digestion. I’m interested and would to hear more why that is if you don’t mind. not disagreeing, i’m just curious

Water, Gatorade, Whisky, Redbull and the occasional coffee (black).

Japanese Green Tea (powder); water; soda water; fresh squeezed juice; Gatorade/Red Bull-like products

I work at a hotel, last night I had a guest need me to bring him up two diet Mountain dews because the water wasn’t tasty enough for him to take his medicine. His stomach hangs past his knees. Is there a correlation? I think yes. I would suggest stopping drinking anything artificial, and after a couple of weeks, water will no longer be a burden to choke down.

"I drink a lot of water but, I cannot drink it with meals it is to bland and the back wash you get grosses me out. "

Your parents spoiled you - that’s the problem.

water and green tea mostly.

sometimes coffee before a big lift.

red wine every once in a while when i go out for dinner

[quote]Jbott1988 wrote:

Try to avoid drinking with meals, it dilutes the stomach acid and does not foster optimal digestion.[/quote]

This ^ Nothing better than water,drink it till you get used to it. As stated above,drink 30mins before and 30mins after meals for better digestion.

Don’t laugh, but other than water, I actually find ice cold lemon MAG-10 pulses to be unbelievably refreshing.

I do have the occasional weakness for a Powerade Zero or two.

Scotch and beer. Not necessarily in different glasses. I call them “submarines”.

The last 2 months I have been drinking 64oz of water a day. No ice tea, no coffee, no diet soda and no Gatorade. I drink 16 oz before and with every meal, sometimes more. My craving for junk food ( ice cream, soda and anything sweet have vanished). I lost some fat and stay hydrated in the summer heat.
Made a big difference in how I look and feel. You get used to it after about 2-3 days and will want to drink nothing else.
The only draw back is using the bathroom to get rid of all the water your body eliminates. Not such a big deal, just don’t drink anything after 8pm or you’ll be up all night in the bathroom pissing out the water.

“Water, for completely unknown reasons, doesn’t agree with me and makes my stomach upset. But koolaid powder, gatorade powder, tea, whatever I add to it… then it’s fine.”

I’ve heard this before and always found this fascinating. How could something so bland and simple upset ones stomach? Does anyone have any research or links to back this up??

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
Scotch and beer. Not necessarily in different glasses. I call them “submarines”.[/quote]

That doesn’t sound half bad, what kind of do beer goes well with it?

if you dont mind the cost: a strong mineral water like Perrier, has great taste and goes well with meals. When I am in the States, I buy it by the case at Walmart or Cosco… Costs too much in Europe and the Middle East.

[quote]idaho wrote:
if you dont mind the cost: a strong mineral water like Perrier, has great taste and goes well with meals. When I am in the States, I buy it by the case at Walmart or Cosco… Costs too much in Europe and the Middle East.[/quote]
I prefer s.pellogrino.

tweet

Almond milk. The kind with no sugar added.