What Do You Drink for a PWO Shake?

currently, i use 2 scoops SWF, drink 1/2 30 min before with creatine, finish the rest during training. then i take 50g whey protein, then eat a solid meal about 1 hour later.

before that, when i wasnt trying to lose fat, i would take:

• 2 scoops SWF 30min before training
  • 25g whey protein 15min before training
  • 1 scoop SWF halfway during training; finish before training over
  • 50g whey protein after training (when i drove home, not immediately after training)
  • solid meal 1 hour later

i saw really good results with this protocol but im trying to lean out currently.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

Two scoops Surge Workout Fuel with two scoops MAG-10 starting 5-10 minutes before training.[/quote]
how has this protocol been working out for you?

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the effect I’ve been getting from 1 scoop MAG-10 and 1 scoop Anaconda immediately after training.

Have previously used Surge Recovery, and just about every other thing out there, and this works better for me.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Two cups of lowfat chocolate milk. [/quote]

Been doing this, except it’s whole milk and 1 liter so about 4 cups?

Anyway, I did it because I didn’t have enough money to buy a big bag of whey but haven’t noticed any difference so I might just keep on with it…

Plus, its a fast way to get about 900 calories in PWO

[quote]BARDUKE wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

Two scoops Surge Workout Fuel with two scoops MAG-10 starting 5-10 minutes before training.[/quote]
how has this protocol been working out for you?[/quote]
Very nicely. My bodyweight’s stayed the same (intentionally), but strength and performance has continued to improve. I’m going full throttle through the workouts without feeling fatigued or really drained afterwards, compared to when I was having just a post-workout shake and I’d hobble to the car feeling chewed up after a session.

Also, a few months ago I increased my training frequency and revamped my training to include new exercises, but I haven’t been significantly sore with DOMS in a long time.

Nothing. I have 25 grams of whey isolate (unflavored) with some form of juice 20 minutes before. Eggs about 20 or 30 minutes afterwords. I used to have tons of whey and high glycemic carbs before and after and I actually do better know.