What Do You Do When a PCT Fails?

I had only been taking nolva when that test was done. Right now I’m on nolvadex and clomid. My doctor said get bloods done this week but if I’m taking PCT is there any point?

Eh, you could see if LH and FSH are increasing, but if it were me I’d wait until PCT was finished, like a month or so after

I’ll try to get my doctor to do both now and then. LH and FSH were missed last time.

What happens if you run a combined nolva/clomid PCT? Is it a bad idea? Asking because I’m a couple of weeks into just that.

I think it’s just overkill. They both work the same way, and they both carry side effects

2 Likes

Okay I’ll drop the clomid as of tonight.

What’s the outlook if you’ve shut down your own testosterone? When I pinned just a small amount of testoviron I got no benefits…just water retention and anger. No libido or energy. How would a lifetime of TRT work if TRT didn’t Lift me out of this spot?

Hopefully I’ll get to talk to an endocrinologist about this soon.

This stuff takes time to act. It takes weeks to months to see benefits because of the ester. So a one time shot of test isn’t gonna amount to much either way.

TRT at a reasonable replacement dose usually works out. Guess there are those who still don’t find relief.

Try Nolva 20mg daily for 4-6 weeks and see how you feel. Work from there

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m over halfway through my PCT now. Is it normal to be exhausted and depressed on your PCT? I had bloods done and bearing in mind these were mid-PCT… everything was in range. TT/LH/FSH were all at the top end of the scale.

So you know the Nolva is working. Stop and see if you can maintain?

Yeah I’m gonna stop now and see how it goes

It’s normal for me when I come off a blast to feel tired and depressed. I don’t PCT I cruise.
Your body is no longer on the cycle high. Your hormones are all over the place as your body tried to adjust to what just happened. It takes time. IMO its your E2 going haywire for a bit that causes the tiredness and depression. T never messes with my mind E2 sure does.

Do you know your SHGB? Guys with high SHGB can tolerate a ton of E2 because their SHGB just binds it up and you piss it out. Guys with low SHGB are not so lucky. Free E2 will make you go crazy. An that is where AI’s come in.
Good luck

My SHBG is 27.2 (16.20-68.50). Guessing that’s low but not too low? Last time I checked my E2 it was below 92 (below 161pmol/l). I do have anastrozole I just didn’t think I needed to use it at this point. Does it come into the pct stage at all?

True that

27 is low to me.
Mine is 15 right now even on a TRT dose of 100/w Tcyp my E2 is thru the roof. Look at the Free T and E2 on 100mg/w with a crashed SHGB.

If you have 1mg anastrozole pills I would cut them into 4 pieces and take .25mg once a week for the next 3 weeks and see how you feel. WARNING the very first sign of too low an E2 is your finger joints will start to hurt. Not the kind of hurt from lifting you will know the difference. just stop the AI and you will be fine. Just for once try to target your E2 in the mid to low 20’s
Having a low SHGB I feel my best when my E2 is around 24. Great mood excellent sleep no anxiety or overthinking stuff. When my head is clear and I feel rested I can really hit it at the gym. Good Luck HTH Oh I am no doc just another guy like you sharing his opinion.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice