What Do You Do Outside the Gym?

[quote]bigmetalguy wrote:

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
Go run really fast.[/quote]

Sprinting or long distance?[/quote]

Sprinting. Personally I like running sprints the length of the rugby pitch I play on (~110 yards) with 45 seconds rest. I start the off season with something fairly easy and build up over the course of 3 months or so.

When I can’t use the field bc of weather, I run a times mile instead.

H.I.I.T errands
H.I.I.T eating
H.I.I.T sex

Sleep?

do 12 sprints on sunday mornings and try jog 2- 3 miles during the week… not been able to do as much joggin with exams lately still do sprints and stuff on sundays

I am wondering how many of the people running this much are holding onto a lot of muscle doing so.

I have weights at home for these shitty situations, and a bench. Also have a treadmill.

I have a home gym. But if I can’t workout, I’ll just wait until the next day to lift.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I am wondering how many of the people running this much are holding onto a lot of muscle doing so.[/quote]

^thats a good point, i sprint once a week, and do a 2-4 mile run once a week, and a third day of which ever i feel like once a week, and so far it hasnt taken a toll on any of my maxes or anything.

[quote]xfactor3236 wrote:

I am wondering how many of the people running this much are holding onto a lot of muscle doing so.[/quote]

^thats a good point, i sprint once a week, and do a 2-4 mile run once a week, and a third day of which ever i feel like once a week, and so far it hasnt taken a toll on any of my maxes or anything.
[/quote]

I run sprints after every training day, so 4 days/week. After an initial break in period, I’m still getting stronger on all my lifts.

I’m not a bodybuilder though.

[quote]louiek wrote:
I have a home gym. But if I can’t workout, I’ll just wait until the next day to lift.[/quote]

This.

But if I don’t feel like lifting, I try to get some productivity / general low intensity work going (cleaning shit, washing car, mowing my mom’s lawn with no shirt on)

eat, sleep, then lift like a MTF next time (hopefully soon) you hit the gym

Good Point…

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]louiek wrote:
I have a home gym. But if I can’t workout, I’ll just wait until the next day to lift.[/quote]

This.

But if I don’t feel like lifting, I try to get some productivity / general low intensity work going (cleaning shit, washing car, mowing my mom’s lawn with NO SHIRT ON)[/quote]

It’s the only way it works.

I play basketball once a week, walk and masturbate furiously.

[quote]americaninsweden wrote:

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]louiek wrote:

This.

But if I don’t feel like lifting, I try to get some productivity / general low intensity work going (cleaning shit, washing car, mowing my mom’s lawn with NO SHIRT ON)[/quote]

It’s the only way it works.

I play basketball once a week, walk and masturbate furiously.[/quote]

Check out this video of me and my training partner tearing apart a playground: - YouTube

x2 On the keeping muscle while running a lot.

One of the major problems I had when I first started was I ran my ass off as well as trained and I made 0 progress. I guess some people can handle it and others can’t.

Mountain Bike and Mountaineer above 8,000-FT ! Thin clean air, clean water and lack of humanity ; )

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:
Mountain Bike and Mountaineer above 8,000-FT ! Thin clean air, clean water and lack of humanity ; )[/quote]

Nice, I never mind a lack of humanity

Sled, hill, sledgehammer, calisthenics, yoga, running, canoeing, hiking, rucking, walking

I like to eat chilli peppers and then time myself doing sudoku.

builds my resistance to pain and mental coherence under stress!

Also - bodyweight exercise. burpees etc.

Sometimes I like to do circuits of pushups, planks, and chins using the hand-holds on a train.

(not so much for training purposes, but with the goal of looking like as a big a douche as possible because I’m still upset I don’t have an iPad like every other bastard…mumblemumblemumble)

I just sit in the corner and bawl my eyes out until I’m able to go to the gym. It’s enough to make one borderline suicidal, really.

Seriously though, I push myself hard enough every session that when I AM forced to take an unexpected day off, I just enjoy it. MAYYYBBBEEEEE run some sprints or go jogging a couple miles. Or just carb/eat up and be stronger the next day.