What Do You Do For Workouts?

I hear so many things, splits are good, splits are bad…I want to know what do you guys do for routines…

Sunday - Saturday how do you work out?

Not what type of exercises, but on what days do you do body parts, like sunday is chest monday is back and biceps etc…

thanks

upper body
cardio
lower body
cardio
repeat

And with the cardio I do some smalle muscles like forearms, abs…

when you say upper body , you do chest/biceps/triceps/shoulders/back in 1 day?

yup, compound movements for chest and back. 1 exercise for biceps & triceps. No shoulders though.

[quote]eeps24 wrote:
I hear so many things, splits are good, splits are bad…I want to know what do you guys do for routines…

Not what type of exercises, but on what days do you do body parts, like sunday is chest monday is back and biceps etc…

thanks[/quote]
I do chest on my first day, and the depends on how I feel, tired, or too busy,etc. I do incline bench most of the time to hit the upper pec region, and I warm up with 135, then go to 225, and up from there.

on the next day I train, I do back and biceps together, and I rotate workouts, one day is deadlifts, the next workout would be bentover rows, the next would be cable pulldowns, and seated low pulls., on the next day I do shoulders, primarily seated overhead presses, again warmup with 100lbs, and go up from there.

the last day in the sequence is leg day, consisting of leg extensions, squats, lying leg curls, and calf excersises. So you see it`s a sequence of push one day, and the next day is a pull day, then a push day, and so on, to protect the joints, and provide maximum energy to target specific muscle group.

I change my exercises every 6weeks so I just will give you my template and than an example in brackets.

Mo,We, FR = Upper body
Thurs and Sun = Legs
Exercises with the same letter are done in superset fashion

Upperbody template:
Warmup
A1)Row variation ( Bent Row)
A2) Dip or Bench variation (Flat Bench)
B) Rear delt exercise (rope face pulls)
C) free exercise 1 ( pick any exercise you want to concentrate on - usaly a week area ) ( i am concentrationg on trizeps and neck so I picked close gripp bench)
D) free exercise 2 ( shrugs → read text above))
E1)High rep work ( 1-3 sets 30-50 reps) for Upper body pushing structure (dumbell bench on swiss ball)
E2)High rep work for pulling structure (reverse gripp bent row)
F) Rotary cuff exercises ( I just do the workout from cracking the rotary cuff corundum but I usaly do not do the 45 degre lateral raises because thei are not necessary for me)

Legs (stolen from defrancoe):
Warmup
A) squat or deadlif variation
B1) Unliteral Quad exercise ( bulgarian split squats)
B2) Posterior chain ( RDL)
C) Core circit ( search for ab training for babe hounds from christian thibaudeau)
D) Free exercise for legs (isometric back extension)

This is not writen in stone! It is just a base.
Hope this helps

[quote]eeps24 wrote:

thanks[/quote]

A split is basically just a way to divide up the work. The more frequently you train something the better, however the tradeoff is often getting rid of direct work when you move to a full body routine. They’re both good depending on your goals. Here’s what I use right now:

hypertrophy arms/shoulders/back/legs
off
strength arms/shoulders/back/legs
offx2

It’s working well for me, so I’m going to keep doing that until I stop seeing good results.

Sun or Mon Cardio
Tues Shoulders & Tris
Wed Back
Thur Cardio
Fri Chest & Bis
Sat Legs

I’ve started alternative heavy & light periods. Right now I’m toward the end of three weeks of heavy (sets of 4-5 reps for most things). After that I might go to medium (8-10 reps) or light (10-12 reps). We’ll just see how I feel.

I do:

Monday - Chest & Back
Tuesday - Legs & Abs
Wednesday - Shoulders & Arms
Thursday - Chest & Back
Friday - Shoulders & Arms

My Rep ranges are 8-10 reps for now, I’ll go back to lower reps after a few weeks of this.

I begin week 2 of the “one lift a day” by Dan John.

Monday : Push presses
Tuesday : Back squats
Wednesday : pull-ups
Thursday : Dips
Friday : Deadlifts
Saturday
Sunday

It’s fun and a nice break from full body routines

Right now this is what I’m doing:

Day 1 Heavy- squats, military press, row
Day 2 Light- unilateral deads or gm, other junk for higher reps
Day 3 off - play racquetball, or do yoga or spinning class, whatever
Day 4 Heavy- Deads or rack pulls, military press rep work, row
Day 5 Light- unilateral work, step up or lunge, other high rep junk
Day 6 Off-same as day 3

As you can see, this “split” is less then 7 days, so it varies what day of the week what is performed on. Also, somedays I need an extra day so I take it, no big deal. My only rule is to give enough time between heavy squats and heavy pulls so neither suffers. This weekend, for example I have rugby practice on Sunday, so I’ll push back the scheduled squat day until Monday.

Pretty simple.

I am doing Waterbury’s Total Body Training with cardio done on non lift days. It is a great program.

After TBT I am going to do Fat to Fire by Davies. This one looks tough and should be challenging to do.

Mon.: DE lower body
Tues.: ME upper body
Thurs.: ME lower body
Fri.: DE upper body

That is the template anyway. It is a rarity that I’ll ever go through an entire 3 week cycle as planned due to injury, lack of sleep, feeling unprepared, etc.

I deload every fourth or fifth week, and just do more SE and RE work than anything during this week. I also throw in extra workouts on Sat. I’ll do all the stuff I didn’t want to do during the week like abs, grip, rotator cuffs, etc.