What Do You Do for Motivation?

[quote]Scott M wrote:
oONooBOo wrote:

i really want to meet my targets

No you don’t. If you did you wouldn’t be on an internet message board looking for that kick in the ass. What that should say is more like “I want to look better and be stronger, but I don’t really want to do the down and dirty work that some of you are doing”. If you think I’m being a dick then fine, prove me wrong. [/quote]

now this was the kind of responce i wanted. it pissed me off enough to go to the gym (even tho this is supposed to be a rest day, so i kinda shouldnt of)and i have had the best workout in ages. i was even sick, haha.

thanks

I feel tired all the time. I have a chronic illness that I have had for over three years. It causes mental confusion and a lack of focus.

I actually started lifting to help deal with it. I find that there is a critical mass point, as soon as I have enough volume per week it is addictive and difficult to stop.

From a motivation point of view, your best bet is to just go through the motions, if you start missing sessions you will probably end up stopping completely. But if you are really feeling tired all the time, maybe you need to see a doctor?

Watching the people at my gym slack off, and knowing I don’t want to be like them is my motivation.

[quote]Plim wrote:
I feel tired all the time. I have a chronic illness that I have had for over three years. It causes mental confusion and a lack of focus.

I actually started lifting to help deal with it. I find that there is a critical mass point, as soon as I have enough volume per week it is addictive and difficult to stop.

From a motivation point of view, your best bet is to just go through the motions, if you start missing sessions you will probably end up stopping completely. But if you are really feeling tired all the time, maybe you need to see a doctor?[/quote]

good post. thanks for the input but i think my being tired is down to bad nutrition atm and prob swimming 24 hours a week, i kinda forgot to add that bit in.

as for all the other replys thanks. i do think tho no matter how dedicated you are to something everyone needs a push every now and again.

my motivation started from me not wanting to be raped or starved in prison. before my set i’ll close my eyes and remember me being jumped or having my ass wooped that usually helps with those last reps.

I look at pics of muscles and bodies that I want to have and that keeps me motivated. Plus I just love throwing the iron around and looking good. Also like someone else said, girls.

[quote]maxblood wrote:
my motivation started from me not wanting to be raped or starved in prison. before my set i’ll close my eyes and remember me being jumped or having my ass wooped that usually helps with those last reps. [/quote]

youre the first person ive ever heard use “fear of rape” as motivation.

as for me, it comes from a lot of things. most of have already been mentioned but yeah, its fun, the mirror, girls, really skinny people, and of course myself.

wow the answers on here would have been so different in the MWA forum

Which is why that thread about the MWA forum created so many heated responses…

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
wow the answers on here would have been so different in the MWA forum[/quote]

In what way?

oprah?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
oprah?[/quote]

yah and also that the just thinking about going to the gym is a good start.

[quote]Rugby_Owns wrote:
my motivation is wanting to get big and strong. It’s fairly simple. [/quote]

it’s as easy as this

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
oprah?

[/quote]

Aw come on ladies, what’s goin on over there? I stopped in for the first time in a few weeks last night and I’m greeted with an article by Alyssa on how everybody’s fighting off the urge to quit and now this?

Are the Vixens having a corporate meltdown of morale or what? I’m not being mean or insensitive it just took me by surprise.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
oprah?

Aw come on ladies, what’s goin on over there? I stopped in for the first time in a few weeks last night and I’m greeted with an article by Alyssa on how everybody’s fighting off the urge to quit and now this?

Are the Vixens having a corporate meltdown of morale or what? I’m not being mean or insensitive it just took me by surprise.[/quote]

Actually I think we got a good healthy dose of kick in our ass.

Some of us were forgetting the important thing about being supportive is still being honest.

AND Motivation is good, but you still need to follow through and ACT

yeah we did get a kick in the ass on MWA, but if you cant take critism then this life isnt for you…

Olesya’s article rocked though… i printed out the whole article and taped to the outside of my lifting notebook. so now when i suck i have a reminder to work harder

as for motivation for you… try making a motivation wall. tape any rock hard bodies you like to you bedroom wall, then just try missing a workout when thats the first thing you see every morning.

also when you want to eat the crap, think about why you eat the way you do. If you wanted to look like everyone else, you could eat like everyone else. but do you really want to look like everyone else?

<3

Progressing and also not progressing motivates me. Sweating makes me go harder. Thats about it. It all comes from your love to do something physical. Squat for those who cant.

The way I do it everyday:

The day before, I tell myself I’m going to train at a certain time.

I blast music in my house, car, headphones, whatever you like to listen to… Minus country, ha joking…(kinda)

What motivates me - in all aspects of my life - is an intense hatred for weakness in any form.

[quote]maxblood wrote:
my motivation started from me not wanting to be raped or starved in prison. before my set i’ll close my eyes and remember me being jumped or having my ass wooped that usually helps with those last reps. [/quote]

Nice. That shit’s for real.

-chris