What Do You Do for Fun?

I like to try and put small metal objects through the same hole in a piece of paper over and over again at anywhere from 800 to 3000 feet per second.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
I like to try and put small metal objects through the same hole in a piece of paper over and over again at anywhere from 800 to 3000 feet per second. [/quote]

And you should try it while “working out shirtless.”[/quote]

haha. Funny story. Brought a tick home with me Friday. Wife said “long pants and boots, I don’t care if they are $3,000 taticool boots and it’s 400 degrees out. You’re wearing long pants and boots to the range and I’m spraying them with this spray.”

I was like, okay. I’ll sweat.

Also, same conversation:

“I’m thinking about selling the G17 to get a VP9.”

“But you were so excited to get the 17.”

“I know, but the VP9 makes love to my hand when I hold it.”

“Why don’t you just wait until next month and we pay for the **** and get the VP9 and keep the 17?”

“Yes dear”

The only reason I even hinted at selling the G17 was because I expected her to be pissed lmao. Love this woman.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

I used to sell and trade firearms but for the past 20 years or so I’ve concluded you can’t have too many so I never get rid of one now, just figure out how to get another.

I guess I’m kinda like a polygamist.[/quote]

My buddy screamed at me “NEVER FUCKIGN SELL GUNS OR GUITARS”

Also done for fun: I like to recycle bras cases by making new rounds of ammunition to eventually try and put in the same hole on that piece of paper.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

I used to sell and trade firearms but for the past 20 years or so I’ve concluded you can’t have too many so I never get rid of one now, just figure out how to get another.

I guess I’m kinda like a polygamist.[/quote]

Nope. Polygunnist

What do I do for fun? I spend time with my husband having “fun” in and out of bed. I enjoy reading the bible, spending time with God and volunteering helping others fills me with joy!

Have not been here in awhile, been spending too time having fun. (making sure to hit the gym though almost every day though) Hope all is doing well!

Gunung Marapi, West Sumatra, Indonesia

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
I lift weights, climb volcanoes, study history, ride my bike, fuck women, and practice martial arts.

Not usually all at the same time.[/quote]

Would love to know where these volcanoes are…You live in Japan correct?[/quote]

Indonesia, for the most part, although Japan certainly has its fair share. Mt. Fuji, of course, is a dormant (no longer considered extinct) volcano, which I have climbed no less than five times.

Up until recently you could read an account of the time I climbed Gunung Marapi, the most active volcano in Sumatra, right here on this site (Lost in Tiger Country). Unfortunately, the powers-that-be seem to have reorganised the site in such a way that that article is no longer available at the URL it always has been at.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
I lift weights, climb volcanoes, study history, ride my bike, fuck women, and practice martial arts.

Indonesia, for the most part, although Japan certainly has its fair share. Mt. Fuji, of course, is a dormant (no longer considered extinct) volcano, which I have climbed no less than five times.

Up until recently you could read an account of the time I climbed Gunung Marapi, the most active volcano in Sumatra, right here on this site (Lost in Tiger Country). Unfortunately, the powers-that-be seem to have reorganised the site in such a way that that article is no longer available at the URL it always has been at.[/quote]

Can you paste it here Varq?

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Up until recently you could read an account of the time I climbed Gunung Marapi, the most active volcano in Sumatra, right here on this site (Lost in Tiger Country). Unfortunately, the powers-that-be seem to have reorganised the site in such a way that that article is no longer available at the URL it always has been at.[/quote]

Can you paste it here Varq?[/quote]

None of 'em work any more. :frowning:

Oh, wait… you mean paste the story? Haha!

Shit, I could, but it’s looooooong. Had to be split up into three parts when I submitted to TC all those years ago. And it’s nearly 3 in the morning here right now. Maybe tomorrow.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Beautiful. I spent a lot of time around Jakarta and Bogor (Java) and even a few nights in Lombok in 2010. I would love to go back to Indonesia sometime. Right now I am looking closer to home for adventure. Sometime this year I am going to go up Mount Pinatubo (only a few hours from my house) and maybe next year I want to hike up Mount Apo in Mindanao.

[quote]sjoconn wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Beautiful. I spent a lot of time around Jakarta and Bogor (Java) and even a few nights in Lombok in 2010. I would love to go back to Indonesia sometime. Right now I am looking closer to home for adventure. Sometime this year I am going to go up Mount Pinatubo (only a few hours from my house) and maybe next year I want to hike up Mount Apo in Mindanao.[/quote]

I visited Pinatubo not long after it erupted, after the locusts and the mudslides. Rolled through one village where the mud was so deep the second-story windows of the houses had become the first-story windows.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]sjoconn wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Beautiful. I spent a lot of time around Jakarta and Bogor (Java) and even a few nights in Lombok in 2010. I would love to go back to Indonesia sometime. Right now I am looking closer to home for adventure. Sometime this year I am going to go up Mount Pinatubo (only a few hours from my house) and maybe next year I want to hike up Mount Apo in Mindanao.[/quote]

I visited Pinatubo not long after it erupted, after the locusts and the mudslides. Rolled through one village where the mud was so deep the second-story windows of the houses had become the first-story windows. [/quote]

Ash and lahar from Pinatubo still cause problems with silting and water. Also, rainy season is coming in now so there will be houses flooded out like you describe pretty soon.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]sjoconn wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

I visited Pinatubo not long after it erupted, after the locusts and the mudslides. Rolled through one village where the mud was so deep the second-story windows of the houses had become the first-story windows. [/quote]

If you were here now we’d go climb this mountain together tomorrow (just took this pic from my deck).
[/quote]

Looks like a good time. Have fun on your climb. I have been wanting to get with the local Hash group. They take a run into our local mountains every week.